Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby eds » Fri May 08, 2015 7:50 am

Kash_Mountain » Fri May 08, 2015 5:44 am wrote:
eds » May 8th, '15, 00:18 wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Thu May 07, 2015 12:07 pm wrote:And why would LFC want Depay anyway, when there are several players already at the club that can play in the position Depay occupies, including  a couple from the Academy so give them a go. There are more pressing needs currently, unless off course LFC are making provisions to actually sell RS. Otherwise, I'm not to fussed.

Really I thought our main priority was getting someone that can SCORE goals.

He has scored 27 times this season for PSV, which is amazing considering he is a winger.

This is exactly the type of player that FSG, our transfer committee and execs should be moving heaven and earth to get us but once again we have missed out, what a surprise.

Why are we missing out on SO MANY F**KING players, surely it needs to dawn on us that something is not right at our club, especially as this lad was in direct talks with us.

But that's OK according to you we can easily get an 16yo academy player to come in and match Depay now at Manure   :laugh:

The mind truly boggles.  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

:D  :D  :D  I think you misunderstand Eds, LFC don't need a another winger (unless LFC
are making provisions to replace someone already at the club). LFC need proper strikers. Owners have invested heavily, BR wasted much of the money, and  now there is nothing left. Despite what BR says, he's wasted the cash, it looks likely to be a quiet summer in the transfer market. Though, the first thing LFC need is a new Manager/Head Coach.

Additionally, LFC will never truly know how good the academy players will be because they aren't being given a chance, and instead just being loaned out all the time.

Nope I disagree. Outside of Sterling.......Markovic hasn't shown anything in his first season and Ibe is still very, very young and raw. Coutinho plays better in a false 10 than as a winger. Lallana also plays better in a central role than out on the wing but has been very scratchy in his 1st season.

We need goals and a 21yo guy that banged 27 goals in wide position is definitely the player we needed especially if we wanted to adopt the same structure as when we had Suarez with us. A front 3 of Sterling Sturridge (if fit) and Depay would have been a massive improvement from this year's frontline. In fact we could have sold a lot of the dross off and bought in a proper central striker in case Sturridge's season went ti.t up again with injuries. But we know we aren't going to do that. Borini, Lambert and Balotelli all still might be here next season getting paid to do f**k all.

Don't get me wrong, we still desperately need a CF, CM, goalie on the field.

Off the field I agree we need a new manager. But more importantly we need new owners and a new CEO as well.  :laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri May 08, 2015 8:37 am

I think we'll have to agreed to disagree on needing anther winger. Think Ibe, if played to his strength, the will be very good next season.

Ultimately, a new  Manager / Head coach is seriously required. Really hope all is being done to bring in Klopp, and get him started as soon as the seasons over.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby C-R » Fri May 08, 2015 11:27 am

Liverpool have been cleared to sign Petr Cech with Chelsea happy to let him go for a £10million fee.

Cech, who is desperate to secure first-team football for next term, is apparently keen to remain in the Premier League.

And now reports say Chelsea would be willing to let him to join Liverpool, if they paid his £10million asking price.

That is considered a touch on the high side, given that he is 32 and only has 12 months left on his contract, but Liverpool are known to be desperate to add a quality glovesman.

Arsenal, Inter Milan and Roma are also keen on a deal for Cech.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri May 08, 2015 2:42 pm

Liverpool have reportedly lodged a €10million (£7.2m) bid with Inter Milan for midfielder Mateo Kovacic.

Italian journalist Tancredi Palmeri made the claim on his Twitter account earlier this morning.

The Reds have long been linked with the 21-year-old Croatian international, who could be seen as a potential replacement for the departing Steven Gerrard.

And Milan, according to reports, could be willing to sell the player this summer in order to fund their own transfer activity.

However, Liverpool appear way off the Serie A side’s valuation of Kovacic, as Palmeri went on to say Inter would not sell for anything less than €30m (£22m).

Barcelona are also keen on the player.

Sky Italia are suggesting sporting director Piero Ausilio has recently met with his Milan counterpart to try and thrash out a deal to take Kovacic to Camp Nou, once a transfer embargo imposed on the club is lifted in 2016.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri May 08, 2015 6:03 pm

Danny Ings is closing in on a free-transfer switch to Liverpool, according to reports.

The 23-year-old forward has attracted a whole host of suitors having hit nine goals for relegation-threatened Burnley this term in what has been the player’s debut season in the top flight.

Manchester United are among those said to be keen, however, it is the Anfield side who are closing in on his signature, according to the Telegraph.

They claim England Under-21 international Ings, whose contract at Turf Moor is due to expire in the summer, will join the Reds ‘barring any last-minute hitch’.

Ings could form a new front line at Liverpool with Divock Origi next season, as the Belgium striker is to join up with Brendan Rodgers’ charges following a £10m move from Lille.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Fri May 08, 2015 11:57 pm

Kash_Mountain » Fri May 08, 2015 7:37 am wrote:I think we'll have to agreed to disagree on needing anther winger. Think Ibe, if played to his strength, the will be very good next season.

Ultimately, a new  Manager / Head coach is seriously required. Really hope all is being done to bring in Klopp, and get him started as soon as the seasons over.

Klopp is a much better manager than Rodgers will ever be but the reality is that I don't think FSG will even be remotely interested in getting him.

If you have a chance and the time read the very good (but LONG post) that Red Till I Die posted in the nesv our new owners official thread about them and the way they run the Red Sox.

Firing Rodgers and hiring someone like Klopp pretty much stands for everything they are against, especially taking into consideration the way their yank baseball team is run.

The more you read about these guys and their "philosophy" in sport the more you begin to understand how bat-s**t crazy and deluded they are.

The longer they are at our club, the more damage they will do.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby C-R » Sat May 09, 2015 9:15 am

Liverpool have agreed personal terms with Martin Montoya according to Spanish media outlet Fichajes.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat May 09, 2015 12:14 pm

Liverpool are interested in signing veteran Juventus midfielder Andrea Pirlo - but may face competition from Chelsea.

The 35-year-old has a year left on his contract but, according to Italian paper Tuttosport, could leave the Italian champions.

It is claimed that Pirlo would be interested in a move to the Premier League, while he has also had offers from the MLS.

Liverpool have made a €10m (£7m) bid for Inter Milan midfielder Mateo Kovacic, according to reports in Italy.The 21-year-old is regarded as one of the hottest prospects in Italian football and the Reds' offer is understood to have fallen short of Inter's valuation of him.

Italian journalist Tancredi Palmeri believes he is valued at €30m (£21.8m).

"Liverpool have bid €10m for Inter's Kovacic," Palmeri wrote on Twitter.

"Last summer Inter rejected €20m from Barcelona for Kovacic. Inter value Kovacic not less than €30m".

And finally, Liverpool have made signing Christian Benteke their top transfer priority.

According to The Metro, Liverpool, who need a top marksman, have settled on Aston Villa striker Benteke and are keen to get a deal done.

Chelsea and Arsenal have also been linked with the Belgian, who is rated at £30m.

Source: Telegraph
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat May 09, 2015 12:15 pm

Liverpool have made signing Christian Benteke their top transfer priority, according to reports.

The Reds are looking to add a proven goalscorer to their ranks this summer, and have been linked with a host of names.

But according to reports, Liverpool have now settled on Aston Villa marksman Benteke and are keen to get a deal done.

Chelsea and Arsenal have also been linked with the Belgian, who is rated at £30million and has scored 11 goals in his last nine matches.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat May 09, 2015 12:15 pm

Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani has hinted he could leave the French giants, which could spark a transfer battle this summer between Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal for his services.

The Uruguayan forward, who joined PSG from Napoli for a reported £55m in 2013, has been linked with the Premier League trio previously and all three are in the market for more firepower in attack ahead of next season.

Cavani, 28, is believed to be valued at £55m and appears to be unhappy with having to play on the wing as PSG boss Laurent Blanc continues to select Swedish star Zlatan Ibrahimovic in a central role.

"I don't know whether I will stay at PSG. I might stay, I might leave... You never know what will happen in football," Cavani told GQ.

'When I arrived at PSG, I was forced to play on the wing. People don't understand how much that has influenced my performances. I would score a lot more if I was played as a striker.

"I want to play as a striker. I would without a doubt do much better in my own position."

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat May 09, 2015 2:52 pm

FFS...stop posting that b0ll0x from the Metro...pure shyte...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby C-R » Sat May 09, 2015 4:02 pm

bunglemark2 » Sat May 09, 2015 1:52 pm wrote:FFS...stop posting that b0ll0x from the Metro...pure shyte...

I will stop posting, but not because you asked me to

FYI... the vast majority of the posts i made in this thread came from the Official Liverpool FC website http://www.liverpoolfc.com Look on the right hand side "Media Watch", all came from there
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat May 09, 2015 5:07 pm

I was sent the following with regards to LFC’s current  plight (FFP) and which players the club is looking at/interested in etc.  Some of this is likely to change as summer approaches, and other factors, but as it stands,

1: There are major dependencies on
*Players being moved on.
*How much money the club can raise through sales. Also note that LFC will most likely be looking to sell players by the end of June ensuring it has offset FFP issues.
*CL qualification, and,
*Change in senior management or the management structure.

There is some level of interest in the following players:

Goal Keeper:
*Ochoa,
*Neto,
*Patricio,
*Sportiello,
*Romero,
*Ruddy, and,
*Ryan.

LFC have looked at a lot of other GK’s as well.

Right Back:
*Danilo,
*Wisdom, unsure as to what may happen to Wisdom, he could be moved on!!
*Flannagan, although injured, it’s currently looking likely that LFC will offer him a new deal,
*If both Johnson and Manquillo and leave,  then LFC will certainly look for a new RB. Alternatively, if Manquillo remains at LFC, then a RB is no longer a priority,
*Ibe, If BR stays as LFC manager, he may give Ibe a go at being a wing back,
*Adriano and Alves have been mentioned by their agents as possible options, however, these types of players will be very pricey, we’ll have to wait and see what happens with these two.
*Janmaat has been mentioned in the Press, however this is just speculation. Pretty certain Newcastle wouldn’t want to sell one of their better players.

Left Back:
*Sam Byram - LFC have had this player watched a number of time.

Centre Back:
*Toure -a new deal has been offered to him,  though, he’ll be weighing up his options. Imo, a CB is not a priority right now, at least not before LFC move some of the following on – Lovren, Skrtel, Sakho, Coates, Ilori, Paez, Lloyd Jones.

Mid-Field:
*It is understood, from German sources, that LFC have watched Lars Stindl on a number of occasions this season, however he decided to reject the interest of LFC and will now move to Borussia Monchengladbach.
*Milner,
*Khedira - though this is looking very unlikely,
*Pjanic - though he is way too pricey,
* Vazquez,
*Kovacic,  though he has recently signed a contract extension, Inter are very willing to sell Kovacic and have spoken with LFC, Herta Berlin and Arsenal. His agent, Nikky Vuskan has gone on record to say that there has not been any approach to him from any club at the current time, and that even though Inter may be willing to sell, he (Kovacic) wants to stay at the club,
*Filipe Anderson has been watched, however, it looks likely that he will move elsewhere.

Forward:
*Ings,
*Vietto - though unlikely, perhaps some sort of agreement can be reached if a suitable offer is made,
*Heung Min Son – very good player, and  as an alternative to Vietto,
*Gameiro,
*Baez - though issues around a work permit might hinder things,
*Kishna - it is understood that previous interest has been rekindled, though it is hard to see how he would fit in at the club
*Lacazette - this is looking very unlikely as he has various other intriguing options,
*Firmino - LFC have had him watched a number of time
*Depay was being looked at as a replacement for RS. We all know what happened with this one.
*Bakkali - though interest has dwindled somewhat,
*Andre Ayew – he’s a free agent that LFC enquired about last summer. Right now, there is no interest, however, that could be rekindled.
*If RS were to leave LFC,  then there is a possibility a move for Walcott or Cheryshev  may be on the cards

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 10, 2015 1:32 pm

Inter Milan LAUGH at Liverpool's cheeky £7.5m bid for exciting Arsenal target Kovacic

LIVERPOOL have reportedly seen a £7.5million offer for Mateo Kovacic rejected by Inter Milan.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/566509/Mateo-Kovacic-Liverpool-transfer-news

:laugh:

Anyone surprised ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sun May 10, 2015 2:01 pm

Thought that was weird myself. "Hottest property in Italy" and £7.5m.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill