This riise debate - Lets see then.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby murphy0151 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:39 pm

I dont no were to start with this one but I remmember saying when we signed Fabio Aurelio, thank god we wont be seeing much off Riise now.   As I think hes shittte. 

There were aload off you people who was asking me what planet im from, Riise's one off our best players.  Well lets see how good he is now then.  I told you to watch him closely, did you last night?   He was at best awful, he should off intercepted the pass for there goal.  I lost count off how many times he hit the long ball to no one.  How many times did he actualy pass to a red shirt?  you could count them on one hand.  Maccabi Haffia's right midfielder looked good cause off him.

Im not normally one for slating players but come on people open your eyes Riise isint good enough.  An the sooner Aurlieo or Warnock come into the team the better.

Lets ave a little thing after games.  Lets Name a best player and worst player from every game staring in this thread.  And I bet you Riise will come out the worst more than any other.

Best Player
Pennant

Worst Player
Riise
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby madred » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:51 pm

murphy0151 wrote:I dont no were to start with this one but I remmember saying when we signed Fabio Aurelio, thank god we wont be seeing much off Riise now.   As I think hes shittte. 

There were aload off you people who was asking me what planet im from, Riise's one off our best players.  Well lets see how good he is now then.  I told you to watch him closely, did you last night?   He was at best awful, he should off intercepted the pass for there goal.  I lost count off how many times he hit the long ball to no one.  How many times did he actualy pass to a red shirt?  you could count them on one hand.  Maccabi Haffia's right midfielder looked good cause off him.

Im not normally one for slating players but come on people open your eyes Riise isint good enough.  An the sooner Aurlieo or Warnock come into the team the better.

Lets ave a little thing after games.  Lets Name a best player and worst player from every game staring in this thread.  And I bet you Riise will come out the worst more than any other.

Best Player
Pennant

Worst Player
Riise

I honestly thought that Riise has to start impressing right from last nights game if he's to stand any chance of remaining in Rafa's long term future plans. Badly exposed again on a number of occasions and was poor. I wouldnt go so far to say he's s**te Murph but he is a player who i think we got the best out of under Houllier. I wouldnt be suprised if he is soon to become frustrated and move on. Harsh words but true.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:01 pm

Five years at LFC ,250 plus games , one bad night and the "I always thought he was sh'it brigade " arrive .  :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stoney » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:13 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Five years at LFC ,250 plus games , one bad night and the "I always thought he was sh'it brigade " arrive .  :laugh:

And also part of a defence that broke records last season.  :laugh:
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alessandromagno » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:19 pm

Something Riise has going for him is his versatility. He can play in defense or midfield and has a cracking shot. No one was calling him shiite when he put in that great cross for SG to score in Istanbul.

Having said that, it looks like he is coming under threat now. Aurelio, by all reports, is brilliant--but he'll have to prove it at Liverpool first. I think Rafa might keep JAR as an excellent utility player who can fit in when players get injured. I guess he also has the advantage of not breaking the bank when it comes to salaries.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby onizukaeikichi » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:23 pm

i think he has been crucial for us last season and the past few as well, i prefer to see if aurelio really lives up to his hype
onizukaeikichi

Postby NiftyNeil » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:27 pm

Murphy - you talking out of your arse.

Riise's touch was poor last night, but it is the first competetive game of the season. Most of our players were lacking sharpness.
Riise never gives anything less than 100%, and will run until he drops. Can you name a better Liverpool left back than Riise in the last 10 - 15 years?

Um Ba -
Fuck Off! Your not funny, and not welcome in this forum. Your posts are utter s*i*e!
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:32 pm

Let's see how Riise reacts to the Aurelio threat at LB.  People were calling for Finnan to go a couple of seasons back but Josemi--as cr.ap as he was ultimately--helped Finnan up his game to the point where he's been one of our most steady performers.  If Aurelio makes Riise up his game in similar fashion, none of us will be complaining.  If he becomes the first choice LB ahead of JAR, on the other hand, I still expect Riise will play a vital role as back-up.

One thing I'm sure of, though: Riise is still a better LB than Warnock.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby GOAT » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:34 pm

Riise played rather poorly yesterday but with aurelio coming i it should make him raise his game a bit, i think aurelio might become first choice LB this season.

Rumour has it now that if chelsea fail to get ashley cole they are going to swoop for riise..
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby red37 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:49 pm

cat and pidgeons anyone  ???  youve gotta love it though...

Chelsea consider Liverpool bid    Thu, Aug 10 2006 17:32

Chelsea are considering Liverpool's John Arne Riise as an alternative if Arsenal reject their £20million bid for Ashley Cole. 
Rumours are surfacing in London that Jose Mourinho has placed the Norwegian next on his list of left-sided defensive targets as the capital's big two wrangle over the price-tag for the England star.
Riise was impressive in last season's Champions' League clashes against the Stamford Bridge club and can provide an attacking threat down the flank - something the Blues coach identified in Cole.

Liverpool would be unwilling to sell unless Rafael Benitez can snap up a quick replacement from his Spanish contacts - but Riise's attacking instincts have left the Anfield back four, Sami Hyypia in particular, exposed during the pre-season.

Benitez could be tempted to part with the Norwegian, a firm favourite with the fans and previous management team, but not indispensable to the current coach - if the price is right and Chelsea can certainly afford his personal demands.

clubcall the link

:suspect:

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby BLANDY » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:54 pm

AND BETTER ON THE LEFT WING THEN ZENDEN NOW THERE,S ANOTHER TOPIC
BLANDY

Postby weringo » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:55 pm

red37 wrote:cat and pidgeons anyone  ???  youve gotta love it though...

Chelsea are considering Liverpool's John Arne Riise as an alternative if Arsenal reject their £20million bid for Ashley Cole. 
Rumours are surfacing in London that Jose Mourinho has placed the Norwegian next on his list of left-sided defensive targets as the capital's big two wrangle over the price-tag for the England star.
Riise was impressive in last season's Champions' League clashes against the Stamford Bridge club and can provide an attacking threat down the flank - something the Blues coach identified in Cole.

Liverpool would be unwilling to sell unless Rafael Benitez can snap up a quick replacement from his Spanish contacts - but Riise's attacking instincts have left the Anfield back four, Sami Hyypia in particular, exposed during the pre-season.

Benitez could be tempted to part with the Norwegian, a firm favourite with the fans and previous management team, but not indispensable to the current coach - if the price is right and Chelsea can certainly afford his personal demands.

clubcall the link

If Chelsea are interested I say we hold on until we get a nice big offer. We dont need Riise too badly now we have Aurelio and Warnock is a good cover. On the left side of midfield we also have good cover so he is not needed there.

Although I think we will see Chelsea buy Cole anyway and pay the fee Arsenal are asking
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby GOAT » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:03 pm

weringo wrote:
red37 wrote:cat and pidgeons anyone  ???  youve gotta love it though...

clubcall the link

If Chelsea are interested I say we hold on until we get a nice big offer. We dont need Riise too badly now we have Aurelio and Warnock is a good cover. On the left side of midfield we also have good cover so he is not needed there.

Although I think we will see Chelsea buy Cole anyway and pay the fee Arsenal are asking

Yeah chelski wont pay sensibly for a player for once, no doubt theyll offer double the asking price very soon
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:50 pm

As I have stated in another thread I am for the first time starting to have doubts about Riise defensively.However his strengths still outweigh any defensive weakness in my opinion. I will as suggested be watching him closely over the coming weeks. People who have slated Riise for his first half performance in the FAcup fail to mention that he was one of the few players to run strongly for the full 120mins and that his strength and hard running was vital to our success. If you want attacking fullbacks they are going to be caught out of position occasionally. His distribution however must improve. Poor game last night but I am still undecided.
account deleted by request

Postby stew_the_red » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:01 pm

Not the best player in our squad but not the worst either, he is an important part of the squad and is a good player, but his place at left back is under threat from Aurellio.
stew_the_red

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion