Taylor & benayoun by wednesday! - Been hearin' some stuff

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:32 pm

A bit more scuttlebug been reaching me from some friends. First of all, Benayoun is a certainty. Friends of mine who support West Ham are telling me that they think its already a done deal. Apart from a little price issues, the wages won't be a problem and he'll be shown off on wednesday.

Slightly stranger, Matt Taylor, currently of Portsmouth will be unvailed with the Israeli star. A friend of mine on the south coast was really angry about this, a rumour he heard this morning, and phoned me to give some stick. What he thinks I can do about it, who knows. But the word is that he really impressed Benitez who does like to bring in English players alongside his favoured Spaniards.

Just reporting what I've heard.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:38 pm

can't see matty taylor imho as he is average at best, sweet left peg but not a lfc player

and west ham fans can kiss my ring if they are not happy about a player wanting to leave to get a step up in his career
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby GOAT » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:57 pm

urrrgh i feckin hope not
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:01 pm

GOAT wrote:urrrgh i feckin hope not

:D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:09 am

I would/will welcome Matty Taylor if we get him. IMO he is a good English born player who could hold down the LM and do a good job for us. A proven performer in the EPL and potential for Int'l honours in the future..

Benayoun I dont know enough about. May mean the end of Luis which I am against!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Hebz » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:25 am

:( luis garcia is better than benayoun, ive seen him play for both west ham and israel and he doesnt compare with garcia. if we replaced him with garcia then i think rafa would be making a big mistake. he'd be alright as a reserve but no way should he replace luis garcia
Hebz

Postby roberto green » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:10 pm

:censored: average signings, taylor(another riise average who scores a great goal every now and then)benayoun had acrap season last season.another mediocre season awaits!!!!
roberto green

Postby redmikey » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:52 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:I would/will welcome Matty Taylor if we get him. IMO he is a good English born player who could hold down the LM and do a good job for us. A proven performer in the EPL and potential for Int'l honours in the future..

i honestly don't care if he was swaddled with the cross of st george he is never a lfc standard player imo

maybe you ve got them mixed up

one is a creative midfielder that runs with the ball and can unlock a defence

the other is an average up and down work horse with a sweet left foot and a knack of getting on match of the day for long shots,never a lfc player while i ve got a hole in my @rse
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrulz(lfc) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:55 am

Hebz wrote: :( luis garcia is better than benayoun, ive seen him play for both west ham and israel and he doesnt compare with garcia. if we replaced him with garcia then i think rafa would be making a big mistake. he'd be alright as a reserve but no way should he replace luis garcia

you are right Hebz i agree with you 1oo%
I mentioned it earlier that garcia is better then benayoun infact he is 100 times better then benayoun
If rafa want to sell garcia then we should use him in part of Torres deal
benayoun has better energy level then anyother player in epl but this is not enough for a team like liverpool that is what I think. :Oo:
liverpool till death
Redrulz(lfc)

Postby The Grudge » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:09 am

Redrulz(lfc) wrote:
Hebz wrote::( luis garcia is better than benayoun, ive seen him play for both west ham and israel and he doesnt compare with garcia. if we replaced him with garcia then i think rafa would be making a big mistake. he'd be alright as a reserve but no way should he replace luis garcia

you are right Hebz i agree with you 1oo%
I mentioned it earlier that garcia is better then benayoun infact he is 100 times better then benayoun
If rafa want to sell garcia then we should use him in part of Torres deal
benayoun has better energy level then anyother player in epl but this is not enough for a team like liverpool that is what I think. :Oo:

Thats rubbish mate in my opinion!!

Garcia is a world beater on his day,true.But he tends to go missing in 'normal games'.
There have been way to many games when we have been in need of inspiration,a driving creative run forward for example.Luis fails to play well more times than he succeeds,its there for all to see.One moment of trickery or magic in a game does by no means compensate for loosing possesion as often as he does.

One thing that drives me mad about Garcia is that when he looses the ball 90% of the time he gives up and leaves it to team mates to clean up his mess.

No one can deny that he can score a great goal in important games here and there but he seems to lack passion in the prem compared to the C/L.

We need a player who will work hard every game and play to a consistent level all season.
Benayouns proven costincency at a high level for me by far out weighs Garcias here and there performances.
The Grudge

Postby Redrulz(lfc) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:26 am

I don't think you watch west ham match regularly that's why you said that

I don't say that Garcia is veyr good player i said that he is better then benayoun once again I am not saying that benayoun is not a good player  what I am saying that he is not good for a club like liverpool.
liverpool till death
Redrulz(lfc)

Postby Geo » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:59 am

100% with hebz, and with all garcia has done for the club, rising in big occaisions, luis on his day was a great player for liverpool, benayoun on his day maybe good enough for the bench
Geo

Postby grayghost » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:03 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:I would/will welcome Matty Taylor if we get him. IMO he is a good English born player who could hold down the LM and do a good job for us. A proven performer in the EPL and potential for Int'l honours in the future..

Are you crazy how can we go from signing Torres to getting Taylor not the top tier of player is he come on lets be honest.
grayghost

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:59 pm

I'm a huge fan of Matty Taylor and would be very happy to see him sign, plus if Gonzalez leaves in the summer which looks iminent, we need cover on our left full back and left wing, Taylor can provide this as well as pushing for a starting place. Yossi I wouldn't mind having at Anfield, we could swap Bellamy for him.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:03 pm

I think we have enough half left back half left mids for now. we need either a proper left back or a proper winger
JoeTerp

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill