Yossi benayoun - From sky sports news

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Paul C » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:02 pm

West Ham midfielder Yossi Benayoun has been linked with a surprise move to Liverpool.

The 26-year-old was undoubtedly one of the stars of The Hammers' strong campaign last season, but he has been quoted as saying that The Reds are interesting in snapping him up.

Although Benayoun revealed that no formal offer has been made, he admits that a switch to Anfield would be an appealing proposition for any player.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is looking to strengthen his squad ahead of the new season and the Israeli is believed to have caught his eye.

"Liverpool are interested in me," Benayoun told homeland newspaper Haaretz.

"Of course it's very flattering but there still has not been an official approach."

Benayoun is sure to be central to West Ham boss Alan Pardew's plans and would be extremely difficult to prise away from Upton Park.

Liverpool, meanwhile, have confirmed their first three pre-season opponents.

They will play Kaiserslautern in Liechtenstein on July 29, before facing Grasshopper Zurich on August 1 and Mainz four days later.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:07 pm

Played well in the fa cup against us ,and looked a pretty desent player, but the big question would be ,how much would we have to pay for him?

What with the inflated prices for English based players.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:12 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:What with the inflated prices for English based players.

compared with post-germany prices igor?....it might be cheaper to have the full english m8   :D

cracking player tho.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:14 pm

I know what your saying red ,but just look at what wigan payed for Heskey ffs.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:16 pm

I like him, I think he'd be a good signing, looked very lively last season, I liked the way he runs at players :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:17 pm

Don't know enough about the guy and haven't seen much of him. What I have heard is that he is very like Luis Garcia!! Unless he can be moulded into a wide right midfielder?!?!? Please advise...
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:33 pm

He's more of an out and out winger than Garcia, he crosses the ball more than Luis but he will also cut in if he has to and run at people.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:09 am

Paul C wrote:He's more of an out and out winger than Garcia, he crosses the ball more than Luis but he will also cut in if he has to and run at people.

In that case BUY HIM  :D
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby deejay-cgt » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:11 am

he a good player but doubt west ham would sell for anything less than 6mil
CgT

deejay-cgt

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:49 am

i'd rather have zoltan gera from west brom. he's equally as good and would be ridiculously cheap aswell.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:47 pm

stmichael wrote:i'd rather have zoltan gera from west brom. he's equally as good and would be ridiculously cheap aswell.

Good point Mike, but hasn't Gera has quite a few injuries over the past 12 months?  ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OctopusesGarden » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:59 pm

Seen him quite alot last season and he seemed like a quality player for the hammer's, not for us. we should be setting our sites on bringing the premiership home this season and i dont believe he would install the extra quality we need to do so. dont really know how much money we have at our disposal but i believe spending a little extra on a player like joaquin would be far more benifcial.

first post on the website, only joined today but what i've read seems impressive. was starting to believe there was no liverpool fans with an ounce of sence from what i read on the official website message board. some turk was talkin about signing gary neville for 12mill couple of months back???
OctopusesGarden

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:09 pm

Paul C wrote:He's more of an out and out winger than Garcia, he crosses the ball more than Luis but he will also cut in if he has to and run at people.

I don't think he's more of an out and out winger Paul, from what I've seen he plays almost exactly the way Garcia does.  Always cuts inside and rarely gets to the line and sticks a cross in.  He's a talented player don't get me wrong, but I just don't think he's what we need right now.  He certainly won't provide any more width than Garcia does when he's played on the right, and I'd certainly prefer the little Spaniard in the team to Benayoun.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to The Rumour Mill