Scott parker

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby redhayesy » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:30 pm

Number 9 wrote:RH..i only know what I hear!

fair play mate, but do you agree that this rumour is somthing we can do without! cause to say he would be a great replacement for alonso is very scary. mate iv'e read peoples opinions on parker an most of them i just think that i won't get into a debate about it cause their is not detailed reason why they think that his signing would improve our team if it would happen.  let alone why he would be an ideal signing at any price... free transfer or not he would still get a wage at LFC that IMHO wouldn't be worth the paper it's written on! i really don't rate him an still say it would be a signing of no improvement,let alone un-motivate ressy players that could an should be part of our future.

i strongly believe that ressy players at this moment in time & in the past,especially on pre-season tous look up to an find insperation with playing along side the likes of alonso, gerrard etc. it raises their game, gives them motivation, belieif that they can make it as plans for the benefit ofeveryone involved in their development etc.

bringing someone like parker would be a step backwards in motivation etc as he is certainly not someone who would inspire any qualities in that resect.

in our history players that have been in our ressy teams have always looked up to,respected & as a result got the continued confidence an belief that they are good enough to play in the first team. they stayed motivated even when big money signings where made. the best example i will ever give is Gary Gillespie.

it took him years to get a regular first team place, but even as a big money signing in the day, he proved that he was worth every penny,cause he had natrual ability that eventually shined through,an wasn't un motivated by so called cheap or free signing that for me jepordised his progression.

i'm very upbeat an possitive about our future success we will achieve,but concerned that it may disupted if the likes of parker are signed. (i love that saying-if it ain't broke,don't fix it)

however if the fecking worse case sernario is alonso is sold,then firstly it will make my anger towards tw1t & tw@t even more concrete. secondly replace him with like for like quality, which parker is no where near.
so thirdly sums it up for me, cause as i say at this moment in time there is no one out there that matches this anyway.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:46 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Number 9 wrote:I've been offline a day or two cause my net was down!

I heard this as well,could not wait to get on here to see whats been said....Im surprised like!
but if Rafa reckons he'll do..ok by me! :)

Dont be fekin sof now hes :censored:, not good enough for us imo

An i wont be trusting Rafa no more if he brings him here ,  :(

sorry Nanny, but from what i've heard it is a nailed on deal.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:52 pm

i just hope you have heard it wrong then mate.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Liverpool KAIGELS » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:08 pm

Its a good signing , an excellent one . Its a masterstroke ala mcalister :;):
Liverpool KAIGELS

Postby fivecups » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:21 pm

s@int wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
GRAHAM01 wrote:omg parker i just heard about it and i don't think he would be good enough for us i hope we don't get him but i heard we are close to getting the deal done ???

I think he is decent.

Where did you hear the deal is close ?

I agree Ace, he is a good player who would be a good squad player for us. I hope we are looking for a little more creativity for our first choice, but as a squad player Parker would be ideal.

Completely agree.

Solid, hard-working professional who wouldn't cost the earth. Pretty sure this remains a vague rumour though.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ken_job » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:53 pm

I think he'd make a perfect replacement this season for Lucas.

Which would allow us to loan out Lucas to one of the promoted clubs, or perhaps Stoke, Burnley or basically any premiership team where he'll get 30 odd starts this season. I think it could be the making of him....he gets a lot of stick on here, mainly because he seems to lack confidence when hes not been playing for a while and a full season would do him good. At worst we'd know at the end of season what to do with him.....
ken_job

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:40 pm

NANNY RED wrote:

I heard this as well,could not wait to get on here to see whats been said....Im surprised like!

:laugh: , you just don't like cos he was from charlton , if he comes for 3 to 4 million he can provide quality cover for us
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ElNino9 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:15 pm

Are you sure it's nearly a done deal. :censored: hell Rafa you got it wrong again. :(
ElNino9

Postby ElNino9 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:29 pm

Anyone remember Stephen Appiah? He's a free agent and looking for a club. He plays in Masch and Alonso's position and could be decent, free back-up.
ElNino9

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:24 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

:laugh: , you just don't like cos he was from charlton , if he comes for 3 to 4 million he can provide quality cover for us

I wou;dnt care if he was from Barcelona hes not good enough
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:58 pm

To be honest I'd feel safer having Parker come in for 4 million than I would Aquilani or De Rossi coming in for the prices touted.

Parker's a good solid player who might well be the type of player that does well for us.  Has done well for Charlton and West Ham, and not so well at Chelsea where he wasn't given much of a chance, or Newcastle (who actually does do well there?).  Coming into his prime at 28 I'd take him for 4 million no problem. 

I think if we have to juggle resources then replacing Alonso with Parker and using the profit to bolster our attacking options is sensible.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:45 am

is he signing today then? :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby ElNino9 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:56 am

There's been no talk about it on SkySports or anything so i doubt he'll sign today unless the deal is really private and behind closed doors which i doubt.
ElNino9

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:14 pm

ElNino9 wrote:There's been no talk about it on SkySports or anything so i doubt he'll sign today unless the deal is really private and behind closed doors which i doubt.

Thats what Stevie will be doing the next two weeks being at Melwood welcoming our new players  :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:20 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
ElNino9 wrote:There's been no talk about it on SkySports or anything so i doubt he'll sign today unless the deal is really private and behind closed doors which i doubt.

Thats what Stevie will be doing the next two weeks being at Melwood welcoming our new players  :nod

players? silva, negredo, parker and sniejder?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill