Scott parker

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ElNino9 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:22 pm

metalhead wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
ElNino9 wrote:There's been no talk about it on SkySports or anything so i doubt he'll sign today unless the deal is really private and behind closed doors which i doubt.

Thats what Stevie will be doing the next two weeks being at Melwood welcoming our new players  :nod

players? silva, negredo, parker and sniejder?

I really hope so.

Parker might not be a bad buy as long as he can stay fit, he only moved on from Chavski becoz of injury. It seems Rafa likes former Chavski players what with Johnson and now Parker.
ElNino9

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:24 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
Number 9 wrote:I've been offline a day or two cause my net was down!

I heard this as well,could not wait to get on here to see whats been said....Im surprised like!
but if Rafa reckons he'll do..ok by me! :)

Dont be fekin sof now hes :censored:, not good enough for us imo

An i wont be trusting Rafa no more if he brings him here ,  :(

:laugh: , you just don't like cos he was from charlton , if he comes for 3 to 4 million he can provide quality cover for us

I wou;dnt care if he was from Barcelona hes not good enough

:D

For 4 million or 5 million he could be a good squad player , no ones saying he'd take over alonso and if rafa does make him play that role well he might have bigger plans for that money or he feels he can get the best out of scott again
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:54 pm

Parker ?? one question - why would we sign him ? As a replacement for Xabi ?  not good enough and a big step backwards ? As back up ? why when we already have Lucas (who Rafa rates and trusts) , Spearing who has just got a new contract plus Plessis who Rafa rates as well - so why would we get Parker ? If its as a direct replacement for Xabi i will be extremely disappointed - loosing a world class midfielder (thats if he goes of course) and replacing him with a decent midfielder ?!? step backwards
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:57 pm

Toffeehater wrote:For 4 million or 5 million he could be a good squad player , no ones saying he'd take over alonso and if rafa does make him play that role well he might have bigger plans for that money or he feels he can get the best out of scott again

Oh its scott is it now , all of a sudden its first name terms, Feckin hell everyone will be getting SCOTTY , on the back of there shirts next :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:20 pm

I agree with the majority on here that Parker would be a very useful addition to the squad. I would see him more as a Mascha replacement than a Xabi replacement though. If we are able to pick him up for £3m-£4m then why not.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:30 pm

Because it would be 3-4 mil wasted on a player we dont need nor will improve our first 11 and im sure i recall the reason he left newcastle was because he wanted to be back in london and not up north ?!?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ElNino9 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:48 pm

3-4m would not really be a mistake if he turned out to be :censored:.
ElNino9

Postby GYBS » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:51 pm

what would it be then ?  ???

Why waste 3-4 mil (which i dont even think parker would go for ) plus couple of million in wages on a player who wouldnt improve us at all
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ElNino9 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:53 pm

You never know, i thought Benayoun was gonna be :censored: but he is a handy little fella.
ElNino9

Postby GYBS » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:02 pm

And after seeing the guy play in the prem over the last number of years i can see that he wont improve our first 11 and would be a step backwards and cant understand why Rafa would be interested in him as a back up when we have plenty of youngsters learning and developing instead

p.s. did you pick up my AK - 47 after i dropped it a couple of weeks ago ???
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:10 pm

I've been talking with a football agent I know and who knows english football better than me and he has said to me "Pay attention to that lad".

Seems interesting.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:10 pm

which lad sabre ? parker ? not really a lad anymore thou
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:35 pm

£3-4m for Parker is fantastic value, if true (and I doubt). Steady, solid, prem-proven, the right age and a good pro, it's not as if he'd have to replace Alonso or Masch, ideally he'd serve as cover for them.

A better way of assessing him would be to first name all of these players of supposed better value.
LFC2007

Postby GYBS » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:38 pm

but doesnt that undermine the youngsters that we need to bring through and develop - players like lucas and spearing and plessis - when would they play ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:51 pm

Lucas could remain as cover if need be. The other two simply aren't good enough at this level in my view.
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill