Scott parker

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby parchpea » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:41 pm

Aside from a decent run of form at Charlton this Parker has not made an impact at any other club he has played for and has been moved on pretty quickly. You can find something in any player if you want to but bottom line is Parker is a very ordinary premiership footballer and it would be terrible business if this rumour is true. I would sooner see one of our younger lads given a chance than see Parker taking up a spot on the bench. Fingers crossed this wont happen.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ElNino9 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:43 pm

7_Kewell who excatly is your contact?

Anyway if R.Madrid offer £25m + Sneijder for Alonso we should offer £5m for Parker and £20m for Silva. I don't like Parker, think he's injury prone and don't rate him at all but he's English.  :nod
ElNino9

Postby ElNino9 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:48 pm

Actually forget bidding for Scott Parker, he's is turning 29 and is injury prone. Im sure there are better and younger CDM's out there.
ElNino9

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:02 pm

I've been offline a day or two cause my net was down!

I heard this as well,could not wait to get on here to see whats been said....Im surprised like!
but if Rafa reckons he'll do..ok by me! :)
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:08 pm

Dundalk wrote:I was just reading up on him and seen this.

Whatever he may cost Bav Id prefer if we looked elsewhere

I heard its nailed on
Parker! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:58 pm

Number 9 wrote:I've been offline a day or two cause my net was down!

I heard this as well,could not wait to get on here to see whats been said....Im surprised like!
but if Rafa reckons he'll do..ok by me! :)

Dont be fekin sof now hes :censored:, not good enough for us imo

An i wont be trusting Rafa no more if he brings him here ,  :(
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:07 pm

Number 9 wrote:

I heard its nailed on

Hopefully it wont happen Barry but we will wait and see  :;):
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:08 pm

Dundalk wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

I heard its nailed on

Hopefully it wont happen Barry but we will wait and see  :;):

It looks like it will DD! :(
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:17 pm

roberto green wrote:Just got in from work quite a few have heard about it in work Xabi will be sold on Monday and the deal with Parker will also be finalised on Monday

A step backwards in my eyes

:angry:

spot on mate, i fecking hate this transfer rumour sh1t! i couldn't give a feck if was given to us as a prize in a raffle! he is a very average player end of an would be a fecking major step back if we even considered mentioning his name in the same breath as alonso!

it fecking scares me that this is even a mear possibility, it really does. it just proves one thing, that even considering selling alonso is very dangerous as there is no one around at the moment that would improve our side, with the rapport etc he has acheived with the other players in the team, that it makes no fecking sence what so ever... sh1t i can't believe this is even given so much responce,as it's a totall no-brainer.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:20 pm

Looks like it will be announced at a press conference on Monday!
:(
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:39 pm

Number 9 wrote:Looks like it will be announced at a press conference on Monday!
:(

please mate tell me this a fecking wind up! i'm fecking enjoying myself at the mo, feck i'm not looking foward to monday already.

i will ask the question- what the feck would he bring to our side? feck sake i'm struggerling to even think of one benefit he would make. come on please am i in a minority here with my oppinion or what. i certainly don't even want to go with opinions that if he's cheap etc go for it.... b0ll0ocks! the reason i gave before is the fact that he is a very average player,no where nea good enough for LFC. paying him any wage would be a fecking insult to the likes of most ressy players,trying their hardest to gain a squad place etc,it would really be a step back in motivating the likes of spearing etc, it really would. this again just shows that rumours like this help no-one connected with the club,cause if that is all that Raffa has to go searching for with limited transfer money, then twit & tw@t need to go now once an for all!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:46 pm

RH..i only know what I hear!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:50 pm

bigmick wrote:I'm not convinced it's genuine, but even if it is I think people are adding two and two together and not getting the right answer. You need four central midfielders who are credible, just like you need four centre halves and four strikers. Now if Alonso goes we have Mash who is a no argument, Lucas who still has something to prove, Plessis who isn't good enough, and Gerrard if you don't mind being a striker short. We almost certainly needed a central midfielder even if Alonso stayed, and we will probably need two if he goes.

see if he goes, we are presumeably going to bring in a very good player from abroad who's never played in the Premiership (Cambiasso or somebody like that). He's got to settle which can take time, and if he doesn't we have Lucas who many remain deeply unconvinced about. As an insurance policy, you need a good quality, experienced, no nonsense midfielder who you can absolutely rely on to come in and do a good job when needed.

Rafa has already said we need to be almost perfect next season, and we do. We all remember the "I don't fecking believe this place" comments each time we drew with relegation fodder at home and someone said it wan't a great result, but the reality was and is that those results cost us the title. We can't afford three months while some Carlos Kickaball finds his feet in central midfield. You'll get away with it at left midfield, but not central mid. Far better to get your overseas schemer in and let him settle gradually, someone like Parker could dove-tail with a new fella perfectly. Blackburn Away, Everton Away in the first three months of the season, lovely jubbly for Parker. Let the new bloke play against Burnley at Home and the like to get his bearings.

I think if Rafa sees Parker as a permanent and like for like replacement for Alonso it says two things to us. Firstly it says that Rafa doesn't or didn't consider Xabi's "unseen" work and tempo setting abilites as being overly important, and secondly that he intends playing with two defensive midfielders despite the evidence last season that a more attacking approach is called for. I don't think either of those is the case, Parker is going to be an "option" and a "possibility" if he comes. I'd be all for it myself under those circumstances.

Sadly it is Mick! :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:56 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
GRAHAM01 wrote:omg parker i just heard about it and i don't think he would be good enough for us i hope we don't get him but i heard we are close to getting the deal done ???

I think he is decent.

Where did you hear the deal is close ?

just off me mate he is normaly about 60 / 70% right but he does get some wrong
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:13 pm

If we properly trust the manager, if we're "real fans", not "knee jerkers", not "fickle" etc etc etc why is the signing of a genuine Premiership midfielder, an experienced pro who has represented his country such an abomination? Why on Earth is Scott Parker not good enough to be a member of a Liverpool squad? Is he as good a player as Lucas?

I watched him a fair bit at Charlton and he was a very good player then, he's learnt a bit since those days and I've absolutely no doubts he won't let anybody down in a red shirt. I think some people would be happier if we had "Big Sam Yeah :buttrock  " as manager.   :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill