Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:34 pm

We still need a defensive midfielder and striker in my opinion. A new central defender in the summer is also needed as Matip is done at this level.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:48 am

Is 2nd January and no announcements yet. Yanks Out!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:31 pm

What are your guys view on Mbappe for summer?

Imo his wages would be too high, talented but I don't think his the type of character that Klopp would want in the squad. I feel he'll be off to saudi after his next club.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:42 pm

redshade » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:31 pm wrote:What are your guys view on Mbappe for summer?

Imo his wages would be too high, talented but I don't think his the type of character that Klopp would want in the squad. I feel he'll be off to saudi after his next club.

I think this is just planted by the agents to get Real Madrid keener. I honestly cannot see any world where his plays for us. Fantastic player skill wise but probably not a smooth fit in a team where the sum is bigger than the part. He just seems a Real Madrid player all the way. When Real Madrid accuse a player of only being interested in money then you know what the motivation of the player is.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:22 pm

redshade » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:31 pm wrote:What are your guys view on Mbappe for summer?

Can't deny the fella's ability BUT I don't know where his head space is. I'm assuming he's already got millions in the bank and so for me the question is does he want an easy ride to a league he will no doubt shine in (La Liga) and make millions more in his bank account OR does he want to really try and test himself in the most competitive league in the world  under the guidance of our manager ?
Got to admit , I'm a bit torn on this one. Would love a player of his quality in our team , but at the same time, I fear the circus from the media attention that would follow his arrival.
We are at our best a team, not a one man show  :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:01 pm

It's always puzzled me that Klopp has never persuaded any top level Germans to come to Liverpool. Surely there must be some rough diamonds over there ready to become the next Bobby, Mane or Mo?  I can't see Mbappe tracking back to make crucial tackles or busting a gut to help eachother the way our players normally do. (Same as Neymar).
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:31 pm

Maybe my heart is ruling my head BUT ! Seeing reports that Bobby Firmino wants to get out of the Saudi League and is looking for a possible return to the Premiership.

Apparently a few clubs (including Fulham, Sheff Utd) are interested.

Would it be a mad move if we went in with a short term loan offer ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:43 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:31 pm wrote:Maybe my heart is ruling my head BUT ! Seeing reports that Bobby Firmino wants to get out of the Saudi League and is looking for a possible return to the Premiership.

Firmino for couple of years as squad player, why not. I'd take him in Jan if it was possible.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:52 pm

If you remember, Bobby's legs have gone. I love the guy to death but I don't think he has the stamina and would be counter productive for Nunez's confidence especially.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:09 pm

There's a reason why we didn't extend Bobby's contract and let him go for free. He's done at the highest level.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:03 am

Great servant, great team player and great song. Also he is asking 300k per week. I think “never go back” is relevant here.

I feel bad for him, he is clearly lost in Saudi judging by his performance. Apparently his dad also died suddenly while on holiday in Dubai so he is in a downturn.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:22 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:31 pm wrote:Maybe my heart is ruling my head BUT ! Seeing reports that Bobby Firmino wants to get out of the Saudi League and is looking for a possible return to the Premiership.

Personally I don't think he's up to the levels we need him to be at. Nor Hendo. And I think they know that too.
I'd love to think there's a nipper in the u18, u21 or other squad we could take a punt on but I don't see anyone jumping out.
Oh to have an Owen or Fowler coming through....other clubs seem to have them in spades.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:59 pm

I'm one of Bobby's biggest fans,  but even I wouldn't bring him back.

He's lost a few yards of pace and his best years are behind him.

Hopefully he finds another club in Italy or Spain. I wouldn't want to see him in another Premier league shirt.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:29 am

Bobby is done, he knew it, we knew it, and we both moved on. We all love him as a club as he was one of the biggest jigsaw pieces to our success. I don't want to be linked or anything to do with Mbappe. I don't want his agent or anyone attached to him using our club to force Madrid to make a move for him, he's been linked with us for 5 years now and him and his team has made a joke of our club.

He doesn't want to come, he's never wanted to come.. he just wants attention and for Madrid to come begging for him to go there.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:45 pm

Is that it, we're not going to bring anyone in? Not the Brazilian Andre lad or a proper No 6?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill