Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:21 am

kazza » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:44 pm wrote:Watching Andre play in the Club World Cup, definitely a player and superior to  Endo or an out of position MacAlister, we really need to go all out to get him as a lot of clubs will be trying to buy him for good reason. He is well built and I think would become a super star. He just seems to snuff out danger.

Agree  :nod , only seen some youtube highlights since our interest in him earlier this year but he looks perfect for us, I'm thinking Mascherano with skills  :D  .
Hopefully we don't f*ck about and just get him in asap.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:47 pm

We have to stop fannying around about money and just pay whatever's necessary to get the best.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:14 am

With Arsenal being in London and their sporting director being a Brazilian, chances are he will go to them. We should have bought in the summer and loaned him back. Now I’m not confident we will get him as quite a few teams are looking for a defensive midfielder, including City.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:03 am

kazza » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:14 am wrote:With Arsenal being in London and their sporting director being a Brazilian, chances are he will go to them. We should have bought in the summer and loaned him back. Now I’m not confident we will get him as quite a few teams are looking for a defensive midfielder, including City.

Forgot about the club World Cup so only caught the end and City were up 3-0 but I did see the final goal and Andre did not cover himself in glory and the commentator said “there, Andre again” so it seems he had a bad game but since I didn’t watch but the last 15mins I don’t know how he played. Anyone else watch the match and noticed Andre?

Sky gave him a 4 out of 10
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:55 pm

kazza » Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:03 am wrote:
kazza » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:14 am wrote:With Arsenal being in London and their sporting director being a Brazilian, chances are he will go to them. We should have bought in the summer and loaned him back. Now I’m not confident we will get him as quite a few teams are looking for a defensive midfielder, including City.

Forgot about the club World Cup so only caught the end and City were up 3-0 but I did see the final goal and Andre did not cover himself in glory and the commentator said “there, Andre again” so it seems he had a bad game but since I didn’t watch but the last 15mins I don’t know how he played. Anyone else watch the match and noticed Andre?

Didn't see the game , so can't comment on Sky's rating   :lookaround

Did read that Fulham have made an offer for Andre that has been accepted by the club, apparently it's now up to Andre if he want's to accept it .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:49 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:55 pm wrote:
kazza » Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:03 am wrote:

Didn't see the game , so can't comment on Sky's rating   :lookaround

Did read that Fulham have made an offer for Andre that has been accepted by the club, apparently it's now up to Andre if he want's to accept it .

Clearly Paulinho is off then
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:53 pm

kazza » Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:03 am wrote:

He was poor off the ball and there were other players in the Fluminense team who performed better on it. It's only a 1 game sample but he didn't look like he'd be ready to come in and make an impact for us this season.
Eagle

Postby damjan193 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:56 pm

Am I the only one that is more or less happy with our current midfield and would rather concentrate our time and efforts on other positions? Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind Andre, but I wouldn't be too worried if we missed out on him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:57 am

damjan193 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:56 pm wrote:Am I the only one that is more or less happy with our current midfield and would rather concentrate our time and efforts on other positions? Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind Andre, but I wouldn't be too worried if we missed out on him.

Wouldn't say I'm unhappy with the midfield but think we could do with another 6. Whether that's Andre or not I don't know but for what he will cost it couldn't be a bad move.
Most Brazillians I've seen in the prem have done well and good chance he will as well. I did watch the Copa Final and thought he was alright myself. He could be very well one of those signings that quadruple in value after a season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:07 am

damjan193 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:56 pm wrote:Am I the only one that is more or less happy with our current midfield and would rather concentrate our time and efforts on other positions? Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind Andre, but I wouldn't be too worried if we missed out on him.

When fit we've got the numbers and therefore options in midfield, but, personally I like too see a bit more "iron" in there.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:08 pm

I agree with both of you but what I mean is that there's too much talk about this Andre and not enough about players we desperately need in other positions, like forwards.

As we can all see Salah is probably the only world class forward we have and he's almost 32. Not only do we need to look for his replacement but also probably for better players in the other two forward positions.

So yes, Andre would be a good signing but we all talk as if he's our primary target even though a midfielder is probably the least important right now.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:41 pm

I think the club needs defenders actually, replacement for Trent, Robbo and VVD. With all the money spent on forwards I doubt they will buy a forward even with Salah leaving for ACON, I think more likely wait for the young players to get better since we invested in them. It could be that with Salah gone they may play better. I still think we need a DM though as Endo was an emergency purchase and he is 30 so not a long term option. I personally have cooled on Andre since I saw him play, obviously a couple of games is not enough to assess and no doubt the scouting department has a more compete picture.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:34 pm

I think Matip probably was in line to leave in the summer when his contract is up. I guess if whoever we were looking to replace him is available in January we do it but any selling club will be lining up to bend us over. It's going to be difficult. And the fact we can remove Matip from the PL and EL squad list in January frees up a non-home grown spot, leaving us with 2 free spots. If we can do Matip and Thiago replacements 6 months early that would be great but January is always a smaller market.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:00 pm

I read somewhere that we are in discussions with the fluminense defender Nino. Apparently his contract runs out next year and we could get him. He’s 6’2” , 26 years old and probably go for 10m. Says he is good at playing the ball out of the back which is expected being  Brazilian and scores the odd goal. It seems to fit the owner’s philosophy (being as he’s cheap).
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:06 am

I keep forgetting that we have a few players in the middle of the park unavailable. Anyone remember Thiago? Bajcetic? Mac Allister? I would think that's the reason the club won't beef up the middle of the pitch.
I wonder also if Gomez is tempted by a switch to get more game time, though he's likely to get a run with Robbo and Tsimi out. Either way, I think we're ok at the back, for now.
I do think we need something else up front though, just not sure who might be available. Can't see anyone coming from the Bundesliga with Schmadtke leaving imminently.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill