Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:24 pm

Laughed me titties off when I read that  :laugh: 

Did we really offer him an extension  :wwww Ridiculous decision if we did.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:19 am

red till i die!! » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:24 pm wrote:

Laughed me titties off when I read that  :laugh: 

Did we really offer him an extension  :wwww Ridiculous decision if we did.

Obviously they watched him on YouTube  :laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:30 am

Liverpool’s second-choice goalkeeper Simon Mignolet has delivered a measured update regarding his future at Anfield.

Mignolet, 31, hasn’t played a single minute of Premier League football this season - sitting firmly behind Alisson in the pecking order.

“This season, it was something quite easy to accept, but, obviously, I’d like to play. That’s why I keep working every day and try to keep on going on this path,” Mignolet told TV Limburg.

“I don’t know if an exit is possible this summer, I still have two years left on my contract. For now, I’m focused on Liverpool and Belgium games. We’ll see later.”
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:37 pm

Reg » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:30 am wrote:Liverpool’s second-choice goalkeeper Simon Mignolet has delivered a measured update regarding his future at Anfield.

Mignolet, 31, hasn’t played a single minute of Premier League football this season - sitting firmly behind Alisson in the pecking order.

“This season, it was something quite easy to accept, but, obviously, I’d like to play. That’s why I keep working every day and try to keep on going on this path,” Mignolet told TV Limburg.

“I don’t know if an exit is possible this summer, I still have two years left on my contract. For now, I’m focused on Liverpool and Belgium games. We’ll see later.”

Sounds like he's happy to turn up and collect his pay packet for the next 2 years, with minimal game time.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:38 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Reg » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:30 am wrote:Liverpool’s second-choice goalkeeper Simon Mignolet has delivered a measured update regarding his future at Anfield.

Sounds like he's happy to turn up and collect his pay packet for the next 2 years, with minimal game time.

And then walk out the door on a free passing go and collecting a bumper sign on fee elsewhere.

We really need to get rid of players like this by dropping the valuations we have on them.  Either we take a reduced fee and save the wages or get nothing in the end except a bigger loss because he does seem happy to see it out.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:03 am

We join the race to sign Hudson-Odi  apparently !??
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:30 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:38 pm wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

And then walk out the door on a free passing go and collecting a bumper sign on fee elsewhere.

We really need to get rid of players like this by dropping the valuations we have on them.  Either we take a reduced fee and save the wages or get nothing in the end except a bigger loss because he does seem happy to see it out.

Don't get the negativity from some about Migs deciding to continue to act as back up and "collect his pay packet"
Admittedly he has his faults BUT if Alison was out Migs is surely one of the best "back up" keepers in the league ???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:25 pm

He could be one of the biggest names any side has as a back up option Woof but he really isn't good enough to step in should Alison face a lay off. I really doubt we would be in the position we are in if that scenario unfolded.

He is perfectly entitled to sit here and collect on the contract that we gave him but this is the same fella who has been dropped numerous times over his career here. I don't think Klopp trusts him at all because if he did I doubt we would have spent what we did on a replacement. We can do better imo as he has had far too many chances :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:29 am

7_Kewell » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:37 pm wrote:

Wouldn't that be the mindset of any back-up player though, sitting out his contract and collecting the paycheck? Cause that's what they'll be doing most of the time, sitting, on the bench.

And of course the back-up keeper wouldn't be as good as our main keeper, that's why he's a back-up. Looking at some of the comments you'd think some of you would want Jan Oblak in the team, along with Alisson.

I agree with woof, Mignolet is good enough as a back-up, and if he's happy to sit on the bench for most of his days then it's a win-win for both the club and the player.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:01 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:25 pm wrote:He could be one of the biggest names any side has as a back up option Woof but he really isn't good enough to step in should Alison face a lay off. I really doubt we would be in the position we are in if that scenario unfolded.

He is perfectly entitled to sit here and collect on the contract that we gave him but this is the same fella who has been dropped numerous times over his career here. I don't think Klopp trusts him at all because if he did I doubt we would have spent what we did on a replacement. We can do better imo as he has had far too many chances :nod

Hmmm,

OK, Name a keeper who is
1, Definitively proven to be substantially better than Mignolet , and
2, Is prepared to sit on the bench indefinitely, (because if he's not as good as Alison that's where he'll remain).

Honestly think you've got a skewed view on this one mate, it's almost as if you want us to sign a keeper that can easily replace Alison but at the same time is happy to warm the bench.
We've got far bigger issues to address .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:48 pm

SOMEBODY has to sit on the bunch collecting a paycheck. Allison isnt going to voluntarily let the reserve keep er get a game so the reserve keeper is a bench warmer.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:47 am

woof woof ! wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:25 pm wrote:He could be one of the biggest names any side has as a back up option Woof but he really isn't good enough to step in should Alison face a lay off. I really doubt we would be in the position we are in if that scenario unfolded.

Hmmm,

OK, Name a keeper who is
1, Definitively proven to be substantially better than Mignolet , and
2, Is prepared to sit on the bench indefinitely, (because if he's not as good as Alison that's where he'll remain).

Honestly think you've got a skewed view on this one mate, it's almost as if you want us to sign a keeper that can easily replace Alison but at the same time is happy to warm the bench.
We've got far bigger issues to address .

Honestly, I really don't get to see a lot of other teams 2nd choice keepers but I would say Romero or Vorm. The latter is much older but Romero is around the same age. Both seem happy to sit it out.  Definitively proven to be substantially better than Mignolet. :D   That's limbo territory Woof in fairness. Set the bar half way and add a rung for every strength he has lower it for his weaknesses and see where it ends up.

I wouldn't want us to sign either of those before you ask and  :no I don't think we should be looking to bring in Oblak either. If the 2nd keeper is never going to get a game then it doesn't matter anyway but Migs is north of 30 so why not bring in a younger lad who maybe could be the next Alison or better for the experience of learning from him.

My original comment wasn't directed solely at Migs either but he is in that group of players who aren't good enough so should be moved on before they are allowed wind down their deals.  Mignolet has been here 6 years and won nothing. Rodgers dumped him early on and then Klopp so what is the point of pursuing with him hoping that we never need to call on him for a run of games when you know he has a high chance of folding when under pressure.

Anyway I don't think its a priority at all and I did say he is entitled to sit here and see it out but Imo Just being happy to warm the bench isn't a good enough reason to keep him.  :no There are plenty of other areas that need strengthening I agree but in the grand scale of things is 10 to 20 mil on a young keeper with good potential really going to upset the cart. Migs will probably earn half that in wages over the next 2 years anyway.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:08 am

As a replacement to Allison I would rather a keeper comfortable with the ball at his feet so we do not disrupt the way we play too much.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:45 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:58 am

http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill