Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby red_indian » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:25 pm

Klopp seems to keep talking about the long-term. If by that he means that the owners give him the benefit of the doubt of not finishing in the top four now and then, then we’ve had it.

I mean you can hardly attract talent if you are a champions league yo-yo side. And we’ve also seen that you cannot hold players you have to contracts either.

Just not sure where the team and club are headed right now. We seem to have no real plan to create then build upon success. Just hope.

If Arsenal sign Auba then they would leapfrog us in at least trying to turn hope into potentially something real.

We’re being asked to live off fumes and promises of what may come in the future. But we’ve seen in the past that the promised future sometimes falls short. We never recruit all our top targets and hey now and then we get bitten in the ***** by selling our best player too.

I wonder just how much that blasted transfer committee still has a hand in what goes on. After all, Klopp has said that he had to be convinced on Salah, whereas we thought he was calling all the transfer shots.

Who knows what is going on behind the scenes of our beloved club. From my end it’s beginning to look quite depressing. Dark days
red_indian

Postby redshade » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:25 pm

Klopptomaniac » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:10 pm wrote:Man U - sign Sanchez
Man City - sign Laporte
Spurs - sign Lucas
Arsenal - sign Auba and Miki
Us - sell Coutinho

Well aren't we set up for a great second half to the season

If we miss out on 4th we have no one to blame but ourselves. An injury to Salah and we are truly feked. I don't know who is to blame is it Klopp or FSG (fekin shyte group)?.

If Klopp is content with the players we have and we miss out on 4th, major questions will be asked.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:33 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:19 pm wrote:Apparently Jurgen said today in his pre match prezza for the Huddersfield game that we aren't signing anyone so it's going to be an interesting second half of the season that's for sure.

I'm sorry to say that but it's almost deliberate sabotage..We are the only team which intentionally weakened ourselves come this January..Be it Klopp or FSG it's a big red flag to everyone inside and outside the club that we aren't serious going forward..If he thinks that problematic Players like VVD and Keita would settle for mid table football he is trippin..same goes for Mo and any other..It's much worse then BR as we have the money but not the will to buy...Insane to say the least.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:13 pm

Disaster not replacing Coutinho..especially considering the LIFT united arsenal etc will get..Mourinho and wenger no mugs

OUR team must be feeling a loss in some way losing our best player

So if nobody is coming in - work on the fecking defending, PLEASE !!!  :angry:  change the kamikaze style or whatever but this shipping of goals has to stop
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:47 pm

Sturridge to West Brom is now confirmed, he'll be there for the rest of the season. So that's both Coutinho and Sturridge gone this window. Hope the club knows what it's doing, if this season turns pear shaped fans are going to point to this window as ask what the hell the club was thinking.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:02 pm

I am very worried indeed. I'm starting to genuinely feel that Klopp is starting to lose his marbles. How deluded can you be to let this happen after all the hard work in the first half of the season go to waste by gambling like this?

6 months we've had to figure out a replacement knowing Coutinho was leaving.

I'm not sure what a good result will be tomorrow.. We win Klopp has a excuse to continue with the squad we have, we lose and everyone loses their heads.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:19 pm

We've got 1 more day to go and if we don't sign anyone expect some heavy rants here and i will be giving a good one.

If we collapse and fail 4th we can all accept this club will go nowhere. To be honest i don't blame old members for giving up and getting fed up of the same shyte. We are like a chained up dragon who will never be unleashed.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:23 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:02 pm wrote:I am very worried indeed. I'm starting to genuinely feel that Klopp is starting to lose his marbles. How deluded can you be to let this happen after all the hard work in the first half of the season go to waste by gambling like this?

I'm not sure what a good result will be tomorrow.. We win Klopp has a excuse to continue with the squad we have, we lose and everyone loses their heads.

We will be the only side in the top 6 that will finish the window weaker than when we started it, VVD was a good signing but he doesn't make up for losing the lynchpin of our side. 
I like Jurgen but he was talking rubbish today, going on about using formations and tactics etc to make up for the fact that we haven't signed anyone, he must think we are soft.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:24 pm

redshade » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:19 pm wrote:We've got 1 more day to go and if we don't sign anyone expect some heavy rants here and i will be giving a good one.

If we collapse and fail 4th we can all accept this club will go nowhere. To be honest i don't blame old members for giving up and getting fed up of the same shyte. We are like a chained up dragon who will never be unleashed.

Jurgen said today mate we are not signing anyone.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:33 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:23 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:02 pm wrote:I am very worried indeed. I'm starting to genuinely feel that Klopp is starting to lose his marbles. How deluded can you be to let this happen after all the hard work in the first half of the season go to waste by gambling like this?

We will be the only side in the top 6 that will finish the window weaker than when we started it, VVD was a good signing but he doesn't make up for losing the lynchpin of our side. 
I like Jurgen but he was talking rubbish today, going on about using formations and tactics etc to make up for the fact that we haven't signed anyone, he must think we are soft.
He talked garbage last January aswell saying players coming back from injury and Milner transforming into a left back were like new signings.

I love Klopp but I can't support bad decisions every January just to watch our season go downhill.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:04 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:23 pm wrote:

You are being soft with your comment :) ,he thinks we are idiots! Unless their is some back stage behind close curtains constraints FSG are placing on him then it's all him...And if their are constraints i would advice him to step down and not accept such conditions...But if their aren't and the decision to release Couts was his without any backup plan in mind then i'm afraid he needs to go...In any case ,like you rightfully wrote ,we are a weaker team ,and that's just unacceptable mid-season when we are/were competing for 2 cups and 1 CL spot ,it's just unacceptable to sabbotage the team like that and get away with this. I mean even he just admitted that Couts can't be replaced right now so what is he saying? Yes i weakened the team and we will all need to leave with it..WTF is this statement..Yes i fcked the team up but hey that's life lets get on with it...We had a decent chance going all the way on all fronts and now we are at risk of losing everything by self inflicted wounds...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:21 am

Somehow we’ve managed an even worse transfer window than the debacle of the summer, what team with any ambition makes itself weaker in the middle of the season? It’s absolute insanity
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:26 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:23 pm wrote:

I like Klopp a lot but I've said it before he has a real blind spot when it comes to transfers and is too rigid when it comes to his targets. His long term outlook and only bringing in players he wants (VVD and Keita are evidence of that) is commendable but for one reason or another we are not always going to get primary targets.

Flexibility needs to be shown. This is not the Bundesliga where he was managing one of the top teams in the league where he could afford to sit tight and bide his time when it comes to transfers because that league is nowhere as competitive as it is over here.

I'm reserving judgement until the window is over as you never know what can happen but as already been said, it looks like a quiet end of window for us.
Doeboy

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:09 am

Fowler_E7 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:21 am wrote:Somehow we’ve managed an even worse transfer window than the debacle of the summer, what team with any ambition makes itself weaker in the middle of the season? It’s absolute insanity

+1.

I've repeatedly said to get rid of the Deadwood but that always assumed we'd bring in better players!   :Oo:  :help  :suspect:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:16 am

This window is all about shifting the fringe players out lads so we can make room for the superstars arriving in the summer  :nod

Of course we could be very well working unbelievably hard behind the scenes since January the 1st trying to bring in a few now, but alas those pesky clubs are stringing us out till the last minute trying to milk us like a heifer  :nod
Damn those darn pesky clubs  :nod .
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill