Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby aCe' » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:28 pm

You'd think we were 10th with 3 games to go. I'm fine with us going the rest of the season with what we have. I'd hate for us to panic spend on a Coutinho replacement when we have Keita coming in the summer and the likes of Lallana and Ox as backup for attacking midfield positions. If we're not strengthening the GK or defense (including DM), we should be looking at a striker. If none of the top targets are available this window, leave it till the summer. That said, Lallana should start in all games against the smaller sides in a central role to give us that extra creativity. The loss of Coutinho makes us a bit more 1 dimensional and we'll need to compensate for that wherever possible against sides that'll look to stop us from playing.

One thing I'll say regarding rumors is this, Sturridge shouldnt be allowed to leave on loan this window. I think he'll get his chances and we'll need someone of his quality in the tight games. Both Ings and Solanke are ineffective and I'd rather see Sturridge come off the bench than any of the other options.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:48 pm

aCe' » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:28 pm wrote:You'd think we were 10th with 3 games to go. I'm fine with us going the rest of the season with what we have. I'd hate for us to panic spend on a Coutinho replacement when we have Keita coming in the summer and the likes of Lallana and Ox as backup for attacking midfield positions. If we're not strengthening the GK or defense (including DM), we should be looking at a striker. If none of the top targets are available this window, leave it till the summer. That said, Lallana should start in all games against the smaller sides in a central role to give us that extra creativity. The loss of Coutinho makes us a bit more 1 dimensional and we'll need to compensate for that wherever possible against sides that'll look to stop us from playing.

One thing I'll say regarding rumors is this, Sturridge shouldnt be allowed to leave on loan this window. I think he'll get his chances and we'll need someone of his quality in the tight games. Both Ings and Solanke are ineffective and I'd rather see Sturridge come off the bench than any of the other options.

Youll hate it more if we miss on CL football...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:44 pm

aCe' » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:28 pm wrote:You'd think we were 10th with 3 games to go. I'm fine with us going the rest of the season with what we have. I'd hate for us to panic spend on a Coutinho replacement when we have Keita coming in the summer and the likes of Lallana and Ox as backup for attacking midfield positions. If we're not strengthening the GK or defense (including DM), we should be looking at a striker. If none of the top targets are available this window, leave it till the summer. That said, Lallana should start in all games against the smaller sides in a central role to give us that extra creativity. The loss of Coutinho makes us a bit more 1 dimensional and we'll need to compensate for that wherever possible against sides that'll look to stop us from playing.

If Klopp could sign the replacement he wants now then I'm sure he would.  Likewise, if we could have kept Coutinho for another 6 months, I'm sure Klopp woulld have done so.

Sadly, Coutinho refused to play for us again and the only way we'll bring in someone like Lemar now is if we spend £100m+.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:42 pm

Clubs create the narrative so it’s debatable if Couthino refused to play for us or we took the money, Keita isnt coming here now though no doubt we would like to get that done.

We run the risk of finishing outside the top 4 with the money in the bank and nobody willing to join, or being proactive now and ensuring we qualify for Champs League, continue progression.

Fortune can favour the brave and we are very passive in our approach, prefering to keep our powder dry than chase the dream.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:13 pm

parchpea » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:42 pm wrote:Clubs create the narrative so it’s debatable if Couthino refused to play for us or we took the money, Keita isnt coming here now though no doubt we would like to get that done.

We run the risk of finishing outside the top 4 with the money in the bank and nobody willing to join, or being proactive now and ensuring we qualify for Champs League, continue progression.

Fortune can favour the brave and we are very passive in our approach, prefering to keep our powder dry than chase the dream.

Sad thing is mate, we don't have the finances to waste the Coutinho cash.

We did that with the Suarez money and it was a disaster
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:47 pm

I feel we do have the money to buy now and upgrade the team, its about taking a short to medium view than long term.

Plenty of players could improve us immediately, Ings and Solanke as bench options really poor, as an example even if we bought a Vardy short term, Chelsea maybe taking Dzeko, that sort of thing, not every deal should be about profit.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:22 pm

parchpea » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:47 pm wrote:I feel we do have the money to buy now and upgrade the team, its about taking a short to medium view than long term.

Plenty of players could improve us immediately, Ings and Solanke as bench options really poor, as an example even if we bought a Vardy short term, Chelsea maybe taking Dzeko, that sort of thing, not every deal should be about profit.

Chelsea are also interested in Crouch and Carroll  :D

Personally, I think Klopp has a list of 2 or 3 players he wants. And no one else. But if he wants to wait until the summer to bring in the likes of Oblak and Lamar then I'm all for it.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:26 am

Have a break, have a kit-kat and watch this marvellous video.

Tempted to say Suarez was a better free kick taker than Stevie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtZIJTyboug
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:59 am

Reg » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:26 am wrote:Have a break, have a kit-kat and watch this marvellous video.

For me Suarez is the best we've had - at one point giving us a free kick 20 yards out was akin to giving us a penalty such was Suarez' technique to put them away
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:41 pm

Why the hell are we getting linked with Soloman Rondon?
Are we that desperate??

I think us and Chelsea are looking for a cheap target man so we have a plan B for the rest of the season..  They are looking at the once decent striker, and we are looking at the scraps left over.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:51 pm

Wouldn't look too much into those Rondon rumours. Just click bait  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:44 am

Reg » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:26 am wrote:Have a break, have a kit-kat and watch this marvellous video.

Awesome
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:29 pm

Reg » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:26 am wrote:Have a break, have a kit-kat and watch this marvellous video.

Are you kidding me?  :D
Come back when Suarez can hit it like at 3:40 mark...
:buttrock
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:14 pm

Talking about free kick takers i don't think we have anyone now who can pop in a goal from long range.

One thing about Coutinho was that he used to score a crackers here and there.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:45 pm

redshade » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:14 pm wrote:Talking about free kick takers i don't think we have anyone now who can pop in a goal from long range.

One thing about Coutinho was that he used to score a crackers here and there.

Not sure why the youtube fuction isn't working. [youtube]v=-zR0PsR0hfQ[/youtube] ?

Anyway so does this lad  :nod  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zR0PsR0hfQ
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill