Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby kartiek » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:31 pm

First of all, I'd say well done to the club and FSG for getting Keita.

In my personal opinion, we've shown a lot of intent in this transfer window, and the owners have backed Klopp.

Let's just get VVD. I don't care so much for Lemar at the moment.
kartiek

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:21 pm

VVD rumours in overdrive atm

There's loads of fans tracking a van that supposedly picked him up at the airport. Don't you love silly season?
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:01 pm

:D :D things will be funny uptil the window closes.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Welshwizard » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:57 pm

VVD now at 1/8 with sky bet gathering pace this when u consider ox is 1/4 for Chelsea still. Come on VVD and lemar will make us strong as hell
Welshwizard
LFC Basic Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:06 pm

Welshwizard » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:57 pm wrote:VVD now at 1/8 with sky bet gathering pace this when u consider ox is 1/4 for Chelsea still. Come on VVD and lemar will make us strong as hell

Back to 6/4 now but I did see it was 1/6 on at one point. Lemar was 1/3 last time I checked.

I'd be delighted if we can get those 2 deals over the line. Then we can f**k Coutinho off
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby eds » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:15 pm

All over the interwebs now boys.

VVD has finally arrived at Anfield and will sign with us after a staggering 70m deal!

Lemar will also sign (similar price region) and once this is complete we will finally sell that Brazilian scumbag to Farcelona, good riddance hope he does his knee over the next few weeks.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:57 am

oxlade chamberlain has turned down Chelsea because he wants to come to us...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:26 am

I would tell him to f**k off and get Draxler in instead. Throw stupid money at PSG if we have to.

We would be unstoppable with an attacking force of Keita, Draxler, Lemar, Lallana, Mane, Salah and Firminho.

On the bench we would have Sturridge, Solanke, Ings and Origi to bang in more goals.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:17 am

Apparently VVD is not a done deal yet. Odds went back up again. Offers from other clubs will be considered.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:33 am

Lads over on the Southampton forum seem pretty certain he isn't going anywhere...
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Santa » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:56 am

Ox dragged his feet with Chelsea and wanted to come here...i should be worried

...and don't get me started with Draxler c'mon are you serious?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:00 am

Santa » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:56 am wrote:Ox dragged his feet with Chelsea and wanted to come here...i should be worried

...and don't get me started with Draxler c'mon are you serious?

Surely give what we've done with Keita it makes sense to do the same with Ox, free next summer? We spunk 40m on him and I'll be seriously disappointed
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:18 am

Where does Ox fit ? I know he wants to play as a CM but would he get in the side ahead of Wijnaldum or Lallana or Keita next season ? Not for me. He's another Milner in the squad and I can see us moving him around the pitch if we get him.

He would be good backup for Mane/Salah but someone like Lemar would walk into the starting 11 and then Salah and Ox would be 80mill on the bench waiting to come on when we have 2 or 3 other positions to address first.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:22 am

Ox would be used to provide cover for Lallana and the wide players. £35mil buys you a squad player in 2017!
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:25 am

aCe' » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:18 am wrote:Where does Ox fit ? I know he wants to play as a CM but would he get in the side ahead of Wijnaldum or Lallana or Keita next season ? Not for me. He's another Milner in the squad and I can see us moving him around the pitch if we get him.

He would be good backup for Mane/Salah but someone like Lemar would walk into the starting 11 and then Salah and Ox would be 80mill on the bench waiting to come on when we have 2 or 3 other positions to address first.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of Oxlade-Chamberlain but to be fair we do need someone to share the workload with Mane and Salah. Given the intensity of our play there is no way those lads can play every game, they'd be burnt out by mid November.
Jurgen said himself the reason our defence looked better against Arsenal was because Sadio and Mo got back to help the fullbacks so it looks like our wide players are going to be tasked with getting through a Herculean amount of work this season.

Apart from fringe players like Origi, Kent and Ojo we don't really have anyone in the squad with the raw pace to play out wide, yes we have the likes of Lallana and Phil but it looks like Jurgen wants pace on both flanks now.
Obviously Lemar would be ideal but according to reports Monaco are looking for £100m+.
If Chamberlain is prepared to play as a wide player and be rotated then we could do worse than him. He is very, very quick, can go past a man and scores the odd goal as well. He knows the prem inside out too. I don't think he has quite fulfilled the early promise he showed at Southampton but he is still in his early 20's and who knows maybe under Jurgen he can kick on again. He wouldn't be as versatile as Lemar but if you want someone to just simply run in behind and stretch teams with pace you could probably do a lot worse than him. Keep him away from CM and I think he'd be a good back up to Sadio and Mo.
By all accounts he is a huge Liverpool fan (as is Walcott strangely enough) which always helps.
Yes we should always aim high so let's go for Lemar but with 48 hours to go in the window Chamberlain would be a decent fall back option.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill