Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:16 pm

UvS xR4GEx wrote:Ox is so overrated I've never seen the fuss about him. He's just a runner with no end product.. the fact he thinks he can be a CM is embarrassing. I'd pay £10m max just because he adds to the English players.

parchpea » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:42 pm wrote:Hope the Oxlade-Chamberlian rumours arent true, buy better than what you have and I dont think hes at the level of Salah or Firmino let alone Mane, plus saddled with a poor injury record.

I agree with you lads, spending £30m-£40m on someone who would struggle to get in our best XI seems crazy. Also with less than a week to go in the window you'd think we'd be prioritising a CB and CM as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:45 pm

Oxlade-Chamberlian isn't as bad as some make out. I think he's thive under Klopp TBH. He's also turned down a huge contract at Arsenal to move on for regular football as a CM. Wouldn't complain if we got him.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:55 pm

Same here i think he is one of those Klopp players who can thrive here. However I'd rather hope we get a CB first. Well to be honest at this rate anyone with quality will do.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:47 pm

He's turned down 180K a week at arsenal. If LFC match or even beat that, what a F'kin waste of money. Worth nowhere near that. We should be setting targets higher than that.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:31 am

7_Kewell » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:45 pm wrote:Oxlade-Chamberlian isn't as bad as some make out. I think he's thive under Klopp TBH. He's also turned down a huge contract at Arsenal to move on for regular football as a CM. Wouldn't complain if we got him.

Personally I'd prefer a proper CM to a converted winger. The lad has got delusions of grandeur, he see's himself as the next Steven Gerrard when he just hasn't got the positional awareness, vision, tackling ability or passing range to be a top class CM like Gerrard. He is a pace merchant who can dribble a bit, yes he'd be a decent addition to the front 3 but a CM? Nah, not for me.
If he arrives I guess we can kiss goodbye all hopes of having a decent midfield again.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:10 am

Apparently Arsenal have set a special price for us if we want to sign Chamberlain  :laugh: £40 million + 1 Pound  :D .  That's a lot of money for a squad player. We have been linked with him for months so it wouldn't surprise if someone on the committee has a boner for him and this will go through.  :down:
Chamberlain isn't the worst player but hasn't lived up to his potential and there is no guarantee he will fulfil it here either. As I said its a lot of money for a squad player as you wouldn't drop Mane or Salah for him. Think we would be better off looking for a Centre Half with the money.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:29 am

red till i die!! » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:10 am wrote:Apparently Arsenal have set a special price for us if we want to sign Chamberlain  :laugh: £40 million + 1 Pound  :D .  That's a lot of money for a squad player. We have been linked with him for months so it wouldn't surprise if someone on the committee has a boner for him and this will go through.  :down:
Chamberlain isn't the worst player but hasn't lived up to his potential and there is no guarantee he will fulfil it here either. As I said its a lot of money for a squad player as you wouldn't drop Mane or Salah for him. Think we would be better off looking for a Centre Half with the money.

Panic has probably come into the equation as well mate, because it looks like we are going to miss out on our main targets (VVD and Keita) the club is flapping is buying someone we don't need just to placate the fans.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:43 am

Don't think that's true. Sounds like Ox has been a target for months, and in addition to VVD and Keita. I'm still sceptical as I'm not sure it's a sensible move for him as he'll be a utility player for the squad. So nothing different to what he is now. My money is on him signing a new contract or running down the final year.
Eagle

Postby Mikz » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:08 am

oh great a wee pal for sturridge on the fitness table

Why would they even want to sign him ffs .. i dont even recall seeing him for at least 2 years - it doesnt make any sense whatsoever
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:28 am

I think at this stage of the transfer window it doesn't really matter the cost nor his future prospects...We need more bodies in the squad and we need them now.
Ox is a legitimate top PL player and if we can get him so yes let's do...This window has been a total catastrophe so far really a poor reflection of Klopps and the rest of Technical managers performance.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:23 pm

Renato Sanchez on our radar its reported.

I like him, another Couthino or Can who we can develop after losing way at another club.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:56 pm

I'd be tempted to test the waters with a cheeky bid for Alexis Sanchez.. clearly unhappy at Arsenal and is a proven goalscorer. I'd even be tempted to let Coutinho go, move Firmino back as a CAM and play Sanchez as the main striker.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:07 pm

Mate Alexis Sanchez would be unbelievable!!!!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:45 pm

Alexis Sanchez seems to be one of those players who'd prefer to go somewhere where they pay big wages though.
As for that other lad from Bayern he looked absolutely abysmal when he played against us in pre season, he must have been half decent for Bayern to buy him in the first place though so maybe Jurgen can work his magic on the lad.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:26 am

The Ox was muck today. If Klopp can't see that when he's allegedly putting himself in the shop window for potentially his next boss, he needs his eye sight tested. As for that young fella from Bayern, it's a lot of money for a luxury we can't afford.
The midfield needs steel. The defence needs bolstering. Maybe a striker who can score 25+ goals a season.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill