Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:48 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:59 pm wrote:I'd go for Traore from Boro, yes he's erratic but at least he can make things happen. Being at Boro he's also a realistic target.
I don't care what anyone says there's definately room in our squad for a maverick who can run at players and take defenders on, we've got loads of one paced plodders that like to go sidewards and backwards so a player like Traore even with his errors would be a breath of fresh air.
How many players with genuine pace have we got? Mane, Clyne and Origi are the only ones I can think of, Sturridge used to be quick but he's definately lost a yard.

Don't think Origi is that quick myself...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:22 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:59 pm wrote:I'd go for Traore from Boro, yes he's erratic but at least he can make things happen. Being at Boro he's also a realistic target.
I don't care what anyone says there's definately room in our squad for a maverick who can run at players and take defenders on, we've got loads of one paced plodders that like to go sidewards and backwards so a player like Traore even with his errors would be a breath of fresh air.
How many players with genuine pace have we got? Mane, Clyne and Origi are the only ones I can think of, Sturridge used to be quick but he's definately lost a yard.

I don't think we will find much improvement Yakka shopping at the likes of Boro  :no I think it will just add more average to compliment the wealth of average we already have which will result in us remaining average.
For me the only one with real pace is mane but lately I have noticed him getting comfortable in the average mould. There is a lot of times lately where he has a chance to open teams up using his pace to get in round the back but he opts for the easy option and that's a lay off back to a midfielder or defender. Twice in the sunderland game he did this and both times killed off any notion of a counter which was set up for him. One on One for pace he wins out every time but not if he won't even try it.
We have an average team who are disciplined and do the basics very well. They lay off 5 yd passes everywhere because no one other than coutinho wants to step outside the box and take anything on. The rest are perfectly happy just to be on the field and not be the one who gives it away so they opt for the safest option every time. This is why we control games like we do but as last night shows its all useless possession if you can only force their keeper to make two saves with only 1 being decent.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:27 pm

Payet ,as reported, wants out however West ham not willing to sell at the moment ,worth a shot picking the glove and sending a bid.
I really think if we are serious about keeping the title race open that we MUST sign 1-2 immediate players.

I must admit i'm disappointed in the way we conduct our transfer Biz...We should have had a list of players ready at December with talks already in progress...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:03 pm

Dimitri Payet is on a strike at West Ham, he wants to leave. Worth a hijack of the transfer. Marseille is offering 20 million. What do you guys think?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:10 pm

only me » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:27 pm wrote:Payet ,as reported, wants out however West ham not willing to sell at the moment ,worth a shot picking the glove and sending a bid.
I really think if we are serious about keeping the title race open that we MUST sign 1-2 immediate players.

I must admit i'm disappointed in the way we conduct our transfer Biz...We should have had a list of players ready at December with talks already in progress...

:laugh: same post mate...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:35 pm

I would take a guess that the Chinese have tapped up Payet and as for us its a bit quiet for me, only rumours circulating are outs.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:45 pm

maguskwt » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:03 pm wrote:Dimitri Payet is on a strike at West Ham, he wants to leave. Worth a hijack of the transfer. Marseille is offering 20 million. What do you guys think?

Imo he's too old mate, he's 30 in a couple of months. Besides questions about his attitude have hung over him pretty much all his career.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:21 pm

Payet and Mahrez are arguably the 2 best players (Lukaku and Van Dijk the closest to them) in the league playing for sides outside the big 6. Payet might be 29 turning 30 but sides that are serious about winning things buy the best available players and worry about their expiry date later. Ibrahimovic is 35 (signed at 34) and probably the best player in the league this season.

We need top quality players to be able to compete with the likes of Chelsea, City & Utd. Having Mane and Coutinho is never going to be enough and sooner or later they'll be asking to leave unless we sign better players and become competitive again. If Payet is available, I'd go for him. Same goes for Mahrez and Van Dijk.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:37 pm

I'd have payet in a heartbeat.. Hes the type of player that opens up defences with his skill and footwork. We could have done with him last night to be fair.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:42 pm

Not sure Payet is the type to put in a shift with the pressing game JK wants and at 29 years old, that isn't going to change. Also when he is good, he is really good. When he is quiet, he is really quiet. West Ham would want big money for him and at 29 years old, FSG would be reluctant to pay up for him. Main thing is, I don't see JK bring interested in him
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:48 am

Doeboy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:42 pm wrote:Not sure Payet is the type to put in a shift with the pressing game JK wants and at 29 years old, that isn't going to change. Also when he is good, he is really good. When he is quiet, he is really quiet. West Ham would want big money for him and at 29 years old, FSG would be reluctant to pay up for him. Main thing is, I don't see JK bring interested in him

Exactly, you only need one player not giving 100% defensively for our pressing game to fall apart.
As you say mate Payet is not a Klopp player and he's not an FSG player either, FSG aren't going to spend £20m on someone who turns 30 in a few weeks time, in fact over on RAWK the belief seems to be that we aren't signing anyone this window, never mind 30 year olds who didn't like putting a shift in even when they were 21!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby crazyhorse » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:49 pm

Payet is a wonderfully talented footballer. But I don't want our club signing anyone who is willing to refuse to play for their current club. West Ham have given this guy everything and this is how he repays them? We don't need full of themselves primadonnas littering up our club!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:27 pm

FSG signing a 30 year old for big money?
That would be the day....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:40 pm

crazyhorse » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:49 pm wrote:Payet is a wonderfully talented footballer. But I don't want our club signing anyone who is willing to refuse to play for their current club. West Ham have given this guy everything and this is how he repays them? We don't need full of themselves primadonnas littering up our club!

yup... that's why we sold Suarez and Masherano and ended up with wonderful players like Henderson and Lallana  :Oo:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:48 pm

Klopp today.

"For sure a lot of things will happen in the summer to strengthen the squad, but for now in this moment, if the right player is available we will do it, but if not it makes no sense."
Eagle

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill