Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:41 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:21 pm wrote:Metro reporting that we're interested in RB Leipzig winger Emil Forsberg.

The 25 year old has a £20m release clause, apparently.  http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/01/liverpool-lead-transfer-chase-for-rb-leipzig-winger-emil-forsberg-6354941/

Going by his YouTube clips he doesn't look anything special but RB Leipzig fans adore him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:38 pm

I know he's really erratic and his decision making can be pretty poor but that Adama Traore has the potential to be an absolute superstar. I'd love us to put a bid in for him, I think Jurgen could mould him into a great player.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Welshwizard » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:50 pm

That's best post I've ever heard your having a bloody laugh he's lightning and that's it he has to go back for the ball half the time his final ball is non existent 2 left feet he's clueless Bolt is a sprinter and that's all traore is he has nothing else. How he ever made it as a footballer is unbelievable especially in Barcelona academy lol
Welshwizard
LFC Basic Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:28 pm

Welshwizard » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:50 pm wrote:That's best post I've ever heard your having a bloody laugh he's lightning and that's it he has to go back for the ball half the time his final ball is non existent 2 left feet he's clueless Bolt is a sprinter and that's all traore is he has nothing else. How he ever made it as a footballer is unbelievable especially in Barcelona academy lol

The lad is much more than a sprinter, you don't go right through the youth ranks at Barca to the first team or represent Spain right through the different age groups if you can't kick a ball straight. Granted his decision making can be poor at times but he's only 20, personally I think Klopp could mould him into something special.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Welshwizard » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:46 pm

I'm living near the Boro and their fans are so frustrated with him his touch and final ball is non existent he knocks a ball past opposition into space and rockets past them that's all he has.
Welshwizard
LFC Basic Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:47 pm

Welshwizard » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:46 pm wrote:I'm living near the Boro and their fans are so frustrated with him his touch and final ball is non existent he knocks a ball past opposition into space and rockets past them that's all he has.

He's undoubtably raw but he's only 20 years old, look at how much Hendo improved from the ages of 21 -24. I think he'd suit our style of play under Klopp and unlike at Boro (where he's heavily marked because he is their only real threat) here at Liverpool alongside the likes of Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana and Mane he'd have more space to operate in and could potentially be devastating.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:47 am

Traore has some serious pace and power and think at the right price he would be a good gamble to take. Got to admit his crossing/final ball have been extremely poor.

Youth players coming out of Barca pretty much come out with excellent touch, control and passing. Looking at Traore you wouldn't think he has come through their academy and the worry would be if he couldnt develop that there, will he evee develop it.

Being quite young, I think he could under the right coach and end up being one hell of a player but at the same time wouldn't surprise me if he remains all pace and power with little end product
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:25 pm

Conte says hes talking to the Chelsea board with regards to incoming's in January. This even though they already have a strong squad and have fewer games with no Europe. Just shows you how these teams are continually looking to improve and add quality. I suppose when you are Chelsea or Man City and have the money to spend on transfer fees and wages it does make life easier but nonetheless we have to actively look to fix weak areas in the team/squad. I'm sure we will certainly be looking to but not sure if we actually will
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:24 pm

Doeboy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:25 pm wrote:Conte says hes talking to the Chelsea board with regards to incoming's in January. This even though they already have a strong squad and have fewer games with no Europe. Just shows you how these teams are continually looking to improve and add quality. I suppose when you are Chelsea or Man City and have the money to spend on transfer fees and wages it does make life easier but nonetheless we have to actively look to fix weak areas in the team/squad. I'm sure we will certainly be looking to but not sure if we actually will

Yeah just seen that, looks like they are signing Vidal from Bayern Munich for £38m
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:35 pm

We NEED to find a fix for when Mane goes away on international duty. I don't trust Sturridges injury record to fill the void.. and when Sturridge plays hes so casual and slow with the ball that we lose all momentum when atracking. I really hope we go for Quincy Promes he's very similar to Mane.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:48 pm

Things are very quiet as far as we are concerned. It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't sign anyone.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:48 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:48 pm wrote:Things are very quiet as far as we are concerned. It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't sign anyone.

Things will be quiet until any business (if any) is set to be completed. Otherwise the like of $hitie, Chavs or China can step in and highjack the situation.
Sad but true.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:41 pm

Doeboy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:25 pm wrote:Conte says hes talking to the Chelsea board with regards to incoming's in January. This even though they already have a strong squad and have fewer games with no Europe. Just shows you how these teams are continually looking to improve and add quality. I suppose when you are Chelsea or Man City and have the money to spend on transfer fees and wages it does make life easier but nonetheless we have to actively look to fix weak areas in the team/squad. I'm sure we will certainly be looking to but not sure if we actually will

For the last 6-7 years under FSG we have simply have been in a different market to Chelsea, City and Manure.

We look for young talent and will only spend $$$ on anyone under 25 years of age.

The problem which I have highlighted time and time again, is that because of this strategy we don't create any leadership or long term stability within the club. None more so evident than with our defensive players.

To make things worse, if any of our star players hit their strides the vultures start circling in immediately.

It will be very interesting to see how FSG and Klopp handle the inevitable when Farcelona makes a play on Coutinho. After the 60m Suarez debarcle, I have little faith in FSG and that we won't sell Coutinho for a pack of crisps.

This makes us go round in circles and we seem to find ourselves complaining about the same things every f**king year.

Until we decide to keep our best players or invest in at least 1 experienced world class players each transfer window (in effect balancing our player transfer strategy) things won't change much.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:16 am

eds » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:41 pm wrote:

For the last 6-7 years under FSG we have simply have been in a different market to Chelsea, City and Manure.

We look for young talent and will only spend $$$ on anyone under 25 years of age.

The problem which I have highlighted time and time again, is that because of this strategy we don't create any leadership or long term stability within the club. None more so evident than with our defensive players.

To make things worse, if any of our star players hit their strides the vultures start circling in immediately.

It will be very interesting to see how FSG and Klopp handle the inevitable when Farcelona makes a play on Coutinho. After the 60m Suarez debarcle, I have little faith in FSG and that we won't sell Coutinho for a pack of crisps.

This makes us go round in circles and we seem to find ourselves complaining about the same things every f**king year.

Until we decide to keep our best players or invest in at least 1 experienced world class players each transfer window (in effect balancing our player transfer strategy) things won't change much.

Agree. Regarding the Coutinho to Barca thing, been hearing worrying murmurs from someone with decent connections that Barca are doing the groundwork to bring in Coutinho in the summer. Obviously we don't want to let him go but sounds as though his head has been more than a little turned
Doeboy

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:21 am

Doeboy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:16 am wrote:
eds » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:41 pm wrote:

Agree. Regarding the Coutinho to Barca thing, been hearing worrying murmurs from someone with decent connections that Barca are doing the groundwork to bring in Coutinho in the summer. Obviously we don't want to let him go but sounds as though his head has been more than a little turned

Who really cares anymore? I mean we will always lose our best South American players to one of the big two from Spain. It's inevitable...
Get the money and let Klopp spend it all on his own players.
We'll get a huge transfer fee for a player who has yet to hit his potential, similar to Sterling - albeit we will get a nicer figure for the little Brazilian. 
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill