Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby kazza » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:12 pm

maguskwt » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:33 am wrote:Read somewhere that we are in the chase for Michy Batshuayi. Another Belgium. Why are we signing so many belgium players. I like Origi, but I don't like Bentek and Mignolet...

???  Surely nationality has nothing to do with a players skills  :glare:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:54 am

kazza » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:12 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:33 am wrote:Read somewhere that we are in the chase for Michy Batshuayi. Another Belgium. Why are we signing so many belgium players. I like Origi, but I don't like Bentek and Mignolet...

Dunno like, there's something about players from Senegal that send fear through every fibre of my body  :D

Anyone know anything about Batshuayi? I've seen his stats and can't say I'm overwhelmed
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby C-R » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:37 am

Seems to be a different name every day at the moment, most i have never heard of, but a few reporting we are in talks with Rafa (not that one) Silva of  Braga
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:01 pm

i hear talk that sheikh khalifa, the half-brother of sheikh mansour, might be interested in taking over the club. he's only worth 30 billion though. i think the club should show more ambition. if we want to be a petro-billionaire's plaything then we should only settle for the best petro-billionaire.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:18 am

Of course it does. Any individual can be superbly talented irrespective of nationality yes. But there is always the mean average levels that you can correlate based on the country. And I'm not saying this in terms of race. It's in terms of football development, talent pool, population, etc. Just to cite some extreme examples, would you say that an average south east asian player is as good as an average chinese player? An average chinese player is as good as an average dutch player? Then it becomes abit more closer, an average Greek player is as good as an average French player? An average Peruvian player is as good as an average Argentinian or Brazilian player?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:42 am

???  How about average Flemmish player compared to average English player as that would have been more relevant, still your logic makes no sense! Agree to disagree   :)
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:34 am

kazza » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:42 am wrote:???  How about average Flemmish player compared to average English player as that would have been more relevant, still your logic makes no sense! Agree to disagree   :)

I don't see how it doesn't make any sense. I hope you don't bet your house on Wales winning the Euro. Yes Agree to disagree :)
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:51 am

maguskwt » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:34 am wrote:
kazza » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:42 am wrote:???  How about average Flemmish player compared to average English player as that would have been more relevant, still your logic makes no sense! Agree to disagree   :)

I don't see how it doesn't make any sense. I hope you don't bet your house on Wales winning the Euro. Yes Agree to disagree :)

Or maybe Belgium winning the Euros
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:43 am

maguskwt » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:18 am wrote:

Of course it does. Any individual can be superbly talented irrespective of nationality yes. But there is always the mean average levels that you can correlate based on the country. And I'm not saying this in terms of race. It's in terms of football development, talent pool, population, etc. Just to cite some extreme examples, would you say that an average south east asian player is as good as an average chinese player? An average chinese player is as good as an average dutch player? Then it becomes abit more closer, an average Greek player is as good as an average French player? An average Peruvian player is as good as an average Argentinian or Brazilian player?

Just felt like adding my two cents here.

Your logic would have made sense if, for example, we were scouting the said countries and hoping to land a random gem. For example, I'd much rather send our scouts in Brazilian teams than in Chinese teams. But when it comes to looking at individual players those stats and averages play no role. You wouldn't skip on a good player just because the averageness of good players in his country is bad would you?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:38 pm

The way it seems is that because he does not like Mignolet or Benteke then all players from Belgium are no good. I suppose also that that includes Hazard and Kompany just to name two. According to FIFA rankings Belgium is ranked 2nd and England is ranked 10th. God knows what they say about English players in Belgium
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:53 pm

damjan193 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:43 am wrote:Just felt like adding my two cents here.

Your logic would have made sense if, for example, we were scouting the said countries and hoping to land a random gem. For example, I'd much rather send our scouts in Brazilian teams than in Chinese teams. But when it comes to looking at individual players those stats and averages play no role. You wouldn't skip on a good player just because the averageness of good players in his country is bad would you?

Yes you are right (and you people are starting to be tedious about it). Not having seen the player, I fall back on my opinion that the average level of Belgium players are not as good as let's say Brazilian, Argentinian, Spanish, French, Portugese, Dutch nor German. So sue me...  :rasp
Last edited by maguskwt on Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:56 pm

kazza » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:38 pm wrote:The way it seems is that because he does not like Mignolet or Benteke then all players from Belgium are no good. I suppose also that that includes Hazard and Kompany just to name two. According to FIFA rankings Belgium is ranked 2nd and England is ranked 10th. God knows what they say about English players in Belgium

Now you're putting words in my mouth or opinions in my head. You forgot to mention that the said rankings rank Chile as third, Colombia as fourth and the world champions Germany as fifth. I mean really?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:23 pm

Subotic from Dortmund strongly linked today.

Understand hes not had a great season in terms of game time but player Klopp trusts.

Vermalen also mentioned, ex Arsenal now with Barcelona.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:12 am

parchpea » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:23 pm wrote:Subotic from Dortmund strongly linked today.

Understand hes not had a great season in terms of game time but player Klopp trusts.

Can't say I've seen a great deal of Subotic and it's rare you get the opportunity to see anything of Vermalen

What's clear though is we need a leader at the back, someone vocal who can organise a back 4. If Subotic fits that bill then I'm all for it
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:19 am

Klopptomaniac » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:12 am wrote:
parchpea » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:23 pm wrote:Subotic from Dortmund strongly linked today.

Can't say I've seen a great deal of Subotic and it's rare you get the opportunity to see anything of Vermalen

What's clear though is we need a leader at the back, someone vocal who can organise a back 4. If Subotic fits that bill then I'm all for it

Yeah, although hand on heart I can't exactly say im over the moon with the idea of us being linked to 2 CB's who can't get into their respective sides I do think that we need to trust Jurgen's judgement on this one, if he feels that Subotic or Vermalen can do a job in the premier league and he wants them here then who are we to argue?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill