Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby eds » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:16 am

Thank goodness the rumours for once are around getting rid of rubbish like Allen and Ibe and bringing in world class quality in Gotze.

Complete 180 from the previous 2 summer tranfer windows, when we were linked to dross and then overpaid to bring them in........

:buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:55 pm

Even if  Watford can afford the transfer fee, I doubt they could afford Allen and Ibe's wage demands.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:49 pm

Ibe should take Watfords hand off, Championship player at best.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:35 pm

James Pearce (Echo) is stating that Ballotelli has more than 1 offer from China, also offers from Turkey, he says that we hope to get most of the fee back that we paid

This would be a god send for sure, but he is the type of person who would dig his heels in and not move

It would be great if we got this one done and got decent money for him
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:41 pm

Liverpool keen to seal the £9.5million signing of Lucas Alario from River Plate.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... io-7661634
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:45 pm

Ayres doesn't even know where Argentina is.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:51 pm

We need a big name signing regardless of the position. Outside that, our priorities should be:

1. central midfielder (starter)
2. goalkeeper (starter)
3. Left back (starter or competition)
4. attacking midfieler (backup)

and that is assuming we keep all the players we have now. The only players who would be surplus after these signings would be Bogdan, Smith (to go out on loan), Markovic. I'd also want to see Lucas and Allen leave with a decent CM backup coming in but I dont see us signing 8-9 players to be honest.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:49 pm

:laugh:
Reg » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:45 pm wrote:Ayres doesn't even know where Argentina is.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:24 pm

aCe' » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:51 pm wrote:We need a big name signing regardless of the position. Outside that, our priorities should be:

4. attacking midfieler (backup)

typo I know but the connotations made me pmsl   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:09 pm

C-R » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:41 pm wrote:Liverpool keen to seal the £9.5million signing of Lucas Alario from River Plate.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... io-7661634

Looks promising, a lot of people in South America compare him to Robert Lewandowski in terms of playing style and given he's only 23 his best years are ahead of him.
His strike rate at his first club Colon was about 1:4 but since he moved to River its been better than 1:2 and his goals fired River to last season's Copa Libertadores (he scored in both the semi's and final).
I'd much rather we started signing players like this lad from South American talent factories like River Plate and Boca Juniors than prem proven plodders from places like Swansea and Chelsea reserves!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:48 am

Trouble with players like that Yakka, one and a half good seasons and they want away. We don't have to go all the way to Argentina to find good players.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:46 am

Reg » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:48 am wrote:Trouble with players like that Yakka, one and a half good seasons and they want away. We don't have to go all the way to Argentina to find good players.

What an odd thing to say, if the best players in the world come from Kazakhstan we should be there trying to sign them! Do you want all our rivals to sign the next Maradona's and Messi's direct from cash strapped South American clubs for buttons while we continue to blow hundreds of millions on prem proven plodders?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:04 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:46 am wrote:
Reg » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:48 am wrote:Trouble with players like that Yakka, one and a half good seasons and they want away. We don't have to go all the way to Argentina to find good players.

What an odd thing to say, if the best players in the world come from Kazakhstan we should be there trying to sign them! Do you want all our rivals to sign the next Maradona's and Messi's direct from cash strapped South American clubs for buttons while we continue to blow hundreds of millions on prem proven plodders?

Agreed to a certain extent yakka. But I'm abit concerned on the adaptability of these south America players in the EPL. They seem to be more suited playing in the la liga or the serie A
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:52 pm

maguskwt » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:04 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:46 am wrote:

Agreed to a certain extent yakka. But I'm abit concerned on the adaptability of these south America players in the EPL. They seem to be more suited playing in the la liga or the serie A

I think that used to be the case mate but as the likes of Suarez, Aguero, Coutinho, Firmino, Willian, Sanchez etc have all shown South Americans are starting to become a real force in the English game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:49 pm

Re South American players in the EPL

My biggest worry when we sign any of these players is not so much "how will they adapt to playing in the EPL" BUT more like "how long will they be prepared to live in this country ! "

Most of them grow up with the idea that playing for Madrid or Barca would be football heaven

They'll play, on massive wages, for title winning clubs in a country with near perfect weather that speaks their language .

As much as I love the city I was born in I can't really blame any of these "Latin Lads" if given the chance they want to swap the banks of the Mersey for the beaches of Barcelona or the orange groves of Madrid.   :(

Consequently think we will always sooner or later run the risk of losing any "star" latin (spanish/brazilian" speaking) player to the allure of La Liga   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill