Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:46 pm

7_Kewell » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:35 pm wrote:Hopefully we can now clear out the deadwood, with Lambert, Borini and Mario being moved on.

Mario will be the stumbling block, Lamert and Borini will go straight forward this time around, but have a feeling Mario will be an awkward one
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:39 am

Happy to keep Mario then. Have 5 Strikers, Benteke, Sturridge, Ings, Origi, and Mario.

Benteke Sturridge and Ings will be top 3. Origi and Mario can serve use in cups, and maybe if we play Bournemouth or someone Sh*t before a Europa game.

Last year we had no real reliable strikers, this year we could have a few useful ones.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:01 am

Mario's wages are too expensive to have as a 5th rate striker!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:34 am

Reg » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:01 am wrote:Mario's wages are too expensive to have as a 5th rate striker!

Once he has signed a contract though mate he is under no obligation to leave.
The one saving grace with Mario is that we didn't sign him for a particularly big fee so the pressure to get him off the books isn't there as it was with say Carroll.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:26 pm

Watching Roma/City. That Pjanic is quality and we should have broken the bank for him, best replacement for Gerrard available. I did not even see the goal he scored but he looks like a world class player in the making.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:51 pm

kazza » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:26 am wrote:Watching Roma/City. That Pjanic is quality and we should have broken the bank for him, best replacement for Gerrard available. I did not even see the goal he scored but he looks like a world class player in the making.

Agree fantastic player, however another one whose stock has risen sharply that the big boys are vying for him. Need to be snapping these kind of players earlier
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:48 pm

I think that's our business done for the summer, well in terms of players coming in anyway, the club may look to shift one or two on to recoup some of our outlay.
Considering we haven't got CL money and the ground is being redeveloped we have spent a few bob this window.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:00 am

Agree Yakka, I reckon we are done unless we can get some coin off the parasites that don't want to leave, like Borini.

The reality is that if we sold Allen, Lucas, Borini, Balotelli and/or Lambert we would probably have enough to spend on another 15-20m midfielder which would give us the balance we are crying out for in the middle of the park.

But as we all know it's all a little too hard for some of the muppets at this club being paid in the millions, so why bother.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:04 am

Metro is repoting we are preparing a bid for Marco Reus for 46 million pounds.  :laugh:

If the owners do spend that much this summer I'll take my hat off to them!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:38 pm

You lose any credibility when you quote the Metro
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:54 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:38 am wrote:You lose any credibility when you quote the Metro

Didn't say I believed the report...

Anyway it's not just Metro reporting, also on Mirror, Liverpool Echo, Express, Bleacher Report... not sure which source they are quoting though... must have come from one source... still think it's a long shot...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:19 pm

maguskwt » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:54 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:38 am wrote:You lose any credibility when you quote the Metro

Anyway it's not just Metro reporting, also on Mirror, Liverpool Echo, Express, Bleacher Report... not sure which source they are quoting though... must have come from one source... still think it's a long shot...

I think I saw something in the Echo the other day mate which said that we have completed our business for the summer, one or two are expected to leave but there's no one else coming in.
There's no way we'd spend £29m on Firmino, £32m on Benteke and £49m on Reuss in one window anyway, that would equate to smashing the clubs transfer record and then backing it up with another couple of £30m signings. That's City/Chelsea type spending and out of our league I'm afraid.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:54 pm

maguskwt » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:04 am wrote:Metro is repoting we are preparing a bid for Marco Reus for 46 million pounds.  :laugh:

If the owners do spend that much this summer I'll take my hat off to them!

I'll eat your hat too  :laugh:

But can't see it happening.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:56 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:19 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:54 pm wrote:

I think I saw something in the Echo the other day mate which said that we have completed our business for the summer, one or two are expected to leave but there's no one else coming in.
There's no way we'd spend £29m on Firmino, £32m on Benteke and £49m on Reuss in one window anyway, that would equate to smashing the clubs transfer record and then backing it up with another couple of £30m signings. That's City/Chelsea type spending and out of our league I'm afraid.

Yes totally agreed... just very amused to see these media outlets reporting this Reus rumour...

Anyway, here's from the Echo Rumour Mill http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... co-9729772
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:56 pm

Think we can forget the likes of Reus, Benzema etc, for now anyway
If we can some how claw our way back to be regulars in the CL and actually do well in the competition, that may well change. At the moment, there are are a few too many teams ahead of us who are more of an attractive proposition for players. Hopefully that will start changing over the coming years
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill