Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:52 pm

Liverpool and Manchester United are ready to step up their interest in Southampton defender Nathaniel Clyne.

His current deal expires at the end of next season and the Saints are increasingly worried about their ability to hold onto the England international.

Reports suggest that United and Liverpool could make a move for Clyne as early as January, although a summer move appears more likely.

United's defensive problems are well-documented, while Liverpool are likely to be in the market.

Southampton remain keen to tie Clyne to a new deal but fear the former Crystal Palace man could follow in the footsteps of Calum Chambers, Luke Shaw, Adam Lallana by leaving St Mary's for a bigger club.

Indeed, a club source told Goal: "There is a real worry at the club about Nathaniel; some very big clubs are circling."

It now remains to be seen whether United or Liverpool are able to persuade Southampton to sell one of their best performers in January or whether the south coast club will have to brace themselves for a fresh assault in the summer.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:17 pm

Liverpool are the latest club to show an interest Palermo striker Paulo Dybala.

Dybala's impressive form in Serie A this term has seen him linked with Premier League heavyweights Arsenal and Manchester United.

But today's reports in Italy claim Liverpool have now entered the race to land the Argentine forward in January, who's been likened to compatriot 'next Sergio Aguero'.

Brendan Rodgers has singled out 21-year-old Dybala as the man to reinvigorate his front line, with Palermo valuing his services at £31m.

The Sicilian's club's president Maurizio Zamparini has previously said on the speculation: "Within two years, he's going to be better than Cristiano Ronaldo, [Lionel] Messi and [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic.

"It would take €40m (£31m) to take him away from us. He's the best striker in Serie A."

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:02 am

We would be mad to not go for Sami Khedira now that his contract with RM is up...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:32 am

maguskwt » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:02 am wrote:We would be mad to not go for Sami Khedira now that his contract with RM is up...

We would be mad to think that he'd come
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:15 am

kazza » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:32 am wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:02 am wrote:We would be mad to not go for Sami Khedira now that his contract with RM is up...

We would be mad to think that he'd come

Suarez came, Tories came, masherano came... Stranger things have happened...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:13 am

Liverpool are pushing on with their bid to land West Ham's Winston Reid, reports the Sunday People.

The New Zealand defender has been a star performer this season and the Hammers have been desperately trying to secure his future.

But with his deal expiring at the end of the season, it is thought he is keen on a big move.

Arsenal are among the sides keeping an eye on him but they are set to sign Tyrone Mings from Ipswich instead.

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce says that Reid, who will command a wage of around £80,000 per week, has to make a decision soon.

He said: "His contract situation is an on-going factor between the owner and his agent. I would imagine one or both are going to come to the conclusion this has gone as far as it's going to go and can't go any farther."

Source: Mirror.co.uk
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:13 am

Liverpool have been given a boost in their pursuit of Porto striker Jackson Martinez after the player's agent confirmed AC Milan have been priced out of a deal.

Martinez has been in brilliant form for Porto this season, scoring 14 goals in just 18 appearances in all competitions.

Since moving to Portugal in 2012, the 28-year-old has netted 74 times in 109 appearances and that has reportedly attracted the interest of several clubs in Europe.

Liverpool are thought to be keen on the Colombia international, while Arsenal also made tentative enquires last summer.

However, one club who are now out of the running are AC Milan after Martinez's agent Peppino Tirri revealed they cannot afford the striker.

"I think it's very difficult [for AC Milan]. Porto want the release clause to be paid [£28m] and they don't intend to budge," Tirri told Calcio News.

"I can confirm that Liverpool want the player."

Source: talkSPORT
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:53 am

Jackson Martinez would cost us 30 million plus, so I can't see us landing him. He will also be cup tied which is a negative for us.

if we could pull that off, then I would be over the moon but it sounds like BR doesn't ant to, or won't do any business in the window. If that is the case, then we may as well write the season off as none of his signings have worked out well for us.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:41 am

SkippyRed » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:53 am wrote:Jackson Martinez would cost us 30 million plus, so I can't see us landing him. He will also be cup tied which is a negative for us.

if we could pull that off, then I would be over the moon but it sounds like BR doesn't ant to, or won't do any business in the window. If that is the case, then we may as well write the season off as none of his signings have worked out well for us.

BR doesn't have a say whether we do business or not at any given window. It's the owners... Any manager would want to strengthen every window if given the chance...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:35 am

BR seems a tad egotistical. I imagine if the board said there's no money for him then he'd claim he doesn't need anyone in jan rather than admit the board are doubtful of giving him more funds.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby C-R » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:45 am

Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur are set to battle it out for West Brom's England U21 striker Saido Berahino.

The Daily Mail are reporting that the two clubs are both preparing January transfer offers for the youngster, who has scored seven goals in the Premier League this season.

It is understood the Baggies are reluctant to sell their star player, who has shone in a struggling team, and will demand close to £25million for the forward.

Liverpool are desperate to improve their striking options next month as they battle to qualify for the Champions League again after a difficult start to the season.

However, Liverpool face stiff competition for Berahino as Spurs are also keen to sign the striker.

Mauricio Pochettino wanted to sign another forward in the summer and the disappointing form of Roberto Soldado and Emmanuel Adebayor will not have forced him to reconsider.

At just 21-years-old, Berahino would command considerable re-sale value and may persuade the boards of Liverpool or Tottenham to make a major investment in his talents.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:45 am

Stoke keeper Asmir Begovic insists he is contented at Stoke City, but hasn't given up hope of playing at 'the highest level' at some point in his career.

The Bosnia-Herzegovina international is out of contract at the end of next season while Liverpool have been linked with a move.

Begovic gave another starring performance to deny an Arsenal comeback in Saturday's 3-2 victory at the Britannia Stadium, which has seen his stock rise even further.

However, the 27-year-old claims he is settled at the Potters - where he has played since moving from Portsmouth in 2010.

"My future is here at Stoke as far as I'm concerned. We've got a lot of games coming up and I'm hoping to be a big part of that," Begovic told Sky Sports.

"I've been here a few years now and enjoyed my time. I've really settled in and had a lot of support from the staff.

"We all have ambitions and goals. I work really hard to get better and try to improve as a player, and hopefully test myself at the highest level possible level in the future.

"Who knows whether that opportunity will present itself? We'll see what the future holds but I'm not thinking too far ahead."

Source: MailOnline
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:18 pm

I am really hoping the owners will decide to spend on a striker... 4th place is really in jeopardy if we don't strengthen... I think the owners and BR were too complacent when it came to strikers. They didn't think that Sturridge would be out so long. And they appear to have over estimated Balotelli and Lambert. They felt that Sturridge, Balotelli, Lambert and Borini were enough and to be fair if they were fit and Sturridge and Balotelli played together for a number of games, it was probably enough. Balotelli would have gained enough confidence playing together with Sturrdige instead of being asked to lead the line by himself. They even spent money on Origi not for the current needs but for the future...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:17 pm

@ maguk

We have been linked with Berahino, Cavani, Lavezzi, Higuian amongst others, who do u fancy ?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:20 pm

Napoli star Marek Hamsik could leave Serie A at the end of the season, with Liverpool heavily linked to the midfielder, according to Calcio Mercato.

Hamsik was linked with a move over the summer, with the Reds one of the teams reportedly interested in his signature. Napoli chose to hold onto him however, and a move never materialised.

After a stuttering start to the new campaign the Italian club looked to have shifted their stance on the player, and are allegedly ready to let him leave if the right bid comes in.

He is known as a goalscoring midfielder, and despite a dip in form this season he is the kind of player who could go a long way to replacing some of the goals lost when Luis Suarez made the switch to Barcelona.

Brendan Rodgers is reportedly set to be given further funds to bolster his squad, with Hamsik one of the top names on his list.

Source: CaughtOffside.com
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill