Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:24 pm

Wouldn't mind Lukaku at all to be honest. Doesn't necessarily have to play a striker either, he could play on either flank as a sort of a winger-forward. Not the kind of signing I was hoping for but it could have been a lot worse.

Chelsea can't be that stupid to sell him to us though, surely?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:25 pm

Lukaku does score goals but there's something very one dimensional about him, a bit like someone like Darren Bent (even though they are completely different strikers). He can certainly give defences problems but I think his off the ball play is very poor. Catch him a lot of the time just watching the ball and not anticipating the play or working off the ball, dragging players out of position to create space. Not too surprised Maureen is not a fan. Also, at a club like WBA or the bitters, he will be the main man and they will play to his strengths but not sure he would get that if he moved to us with the calibre of players we have.

Saying that he is still young and has enough tools to work with to try and develop into a much more rounder striker. As it stands, I think Bony is the better all round striker. I remember hearing an interview with Ian Wright and he was saying himself and a lot of other pro's feel Bony offers much more at the moment. However as I mentioned before, Lukaku is still young so who knows how he can develop
Doeboy

Postby ethanr » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:49 am

Richard Buxton posted pictures of Markovic on twitter of him giving his first official interview, so the lads officially signed, and will be announced tomorrow (or later today for most of you)
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby aCe' » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:43 am

Im not buying the Reus rumors but one German we should seriously be bidding for is Sami Khedira. He's probably one of the best box-to-box midfielders in world football and his style fits the PL perfectly. He'll probably demand a fair chunk in transfer fees and wages but he just turned 27 and I think he has his best years ahead of him.

Players of that calibre, or top players who struggle to start at the biggest clubs, should be our targets rather than unproven players who have had a decent season or two at a small side.

I'd much rather see us go for the likes of Hamsik, Pastore, Moura, Khedira, Pedro, Lavezzi, Thiago, etc. than Davies, Davis, Allen, Aspas...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:59 am

ethanr » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:49 am wrote:Richard Buxton posted pictures of Markovic on twitter of him giving his first official interview, so the lads officially signed, and will be announced tomorrow (or later today for most of you)

Cheers mate, that's great news. I must admit I was starting to wonder if the deal had hit a snag of some sort, he was supposedly in Liverpool last Wednesday or Thursday!
Apparently the cause of the delay was the club didn't want to announce the Markovic and Suarez deals simultaneously in case it gave the impression that Lazar was a direct replacement for Luis.
He's not much older than Raheem so he can do without that type of pressure on his shoulders, good thinking by the club IMO.
I think he'll be a superstar in his own right eventually though, great signing!
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:26 am

aCe' » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:43 am wrote:Im not buying the Reus rumors but one German we should seriously be bidding for is Sami Khedira. He's probably one of the best box-to-box midfielders in world football and his style fits the PL perfectly. He'll probably demand a fair chunk in transfer fees and wages but he just turned 27 and I think he has his best years ahead of him.

Players of that calibre, or top players who struggle to start at the biggest clubs, should be our targets rather than unproven players who have had a decent season or two at a small side.

I'd much rather see us go for the likes of Hamsik, Pastore, Moura, Khedira, Pedro, Lavezzi, Thiago, etc. than Davies, Davis, Allen, Aspas...

If only the Reus rumour proved to be true, would deffo shut those of us up who are clamouring for that "marquee" signing .

Arsenal have apparently dropped their interest in Khedira, reports say he wanted a clause in his contract that would make him Arsenals top earner.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:52 am

woof woof ! » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:26 am wrote:
aCe' » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:43 am wrote:Im not buying the Reus rumors but one German we should seriously be bidding for is Sami Khedira. He's probably one of the best box-to-box midfielders in world football and his style fits the PL perfectly. He'll probably demand a fair chunk in transfer fees and wages but he just turned 27 and I think he has his best years ahead of him.

If only the Reus rumour proved to be true, would deffo shut those of us up who are clamouring for that "marquee" signing .

Arsenal have apparently dropped their interest in Khedira, reports say he wanted a clause in his contract that would make him Arsenals top earner.

I don't see why we cannot get Reus. We can afford the 40 million it will cost and we have a free 220k a week salary we can play with. We offer CL and and a good way to play. He would be as  good a replacement for Suarez we can find. We should go all out!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:00 pm

From the Express

LIVERPOOL could be set to rescue Marco Reus from his Barcelona and Manchester United disappointment by offering him a move to Merseyside this summer.

By: Ben Jefferson
Published: Mon, July 14, 2014 

Reus was left aggravated by Luis Suarez's move to Barcelona last week because he believed he was en route to the Spanish giants.

But new boss Luis Enrique is thought to have preferred Suarez to the German international, leaving Reus in the lurch.

The 25-year-old had already spurned interest from United because he favoured a move to Barca.

But it seems that Liverpool are ready to offer the dazzling forward a way out of Borussia Dortmund.

Reports suggest that Brendan Rodgers could launch a £44m bid for Reus that Dortmund will find difficult to resist.

The Reds desire to add more attacking firepower after losing Suarez is well-known having asked for Alexis Sanchez as part of the deal with Barcelona.

But after seeing Sanchez choose Arsenal instead, Liverpool have wasted no time in looking at alternatives.

The Reds appear close to finalising a move for Serbian youngster Lazar Markovic but have today also been linked with Arda Turan, Wilfried Bony and Romelu Lukaku.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:29 pm

I'd be surprised if the Reuss rumours had any substance to them particularly after Tony Barrett tweeted that the club was quote 'baffled' by the reports in the press.
I just don't see us forking out that type of money on one player again, especially after the owners had their fingers burnt with Carroll.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:42 pm

Just heard on the Radio that there are reports emerging from Spain claiming Arsenal have beaten Chelsea to the signature of Sami Khedira. Apparently the two clubs have agreed upon a fee of £23m and Khedira is going to be on £150,000 a week.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:57 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:29 am wrote:I'd be surprised if the Reuss rumours had any substance to them particularly after Tony Barrett tweeted that the club was quote 'baffled' by the reports in the press.
I just don't see us forking out that type of money on one player again, especially after the owners had their fingers burnt with Carroll.

The Owners are alot smarter than then, Reus is a far better prospect than caroll and the "baffled" thing could easily be a tactic to not alert our rivals. He would make us much better, it seems a no brainer to me and we are in the best position.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:57 pm

The club never used the term baffled Barrett said that was his words. Also I'm not sure why the club when we are being linked with about 20 players find the need to comment on one of the links. There could be some substance in the reus link hopefully.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:23 pm

Benfica have announced that Markovic has signed for us for a fee of €25m (£19.8m)
apparently that was his buy out clause, that's why the fee was relatively low for one of the most promising talents in Europe.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:52 pm

Reus would be a class signing. However, I'm refusing to take it seriously, until I see something from the player, his club or us...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:08 pm

Reus is not happy at BVB apparently after letting both Gotze last year and Lewandowski this year join their biggest rivals. He turned down a move to manure to join Barca, but they looked to have given him the cold shoulder after signing Suarez instead.
He said he would NEVER join Bayern ... so options are thin. Only team that would go toe to toe for the reported 45million transfer fee would be Real Madrid, but they have shown no interest.

We can only dream..
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill