Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:30 pm

Lots of reports saying a deal for Moreno is close...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:55 pm

:laugh:
according to the fail we have made ben davies our no 1 priority as a deal for moreno is looking less and less likely  :D  they are claiming swansea rejected a £8mil bid from us  :eyebrow
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ected.html
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:04 pm

Watching SSN earlier today they were saying the Moreno deal was dead and that Ayres being in Seville was purely to do with the Aspas deal.

I'd be surprised however if we didn't use the fact they wanted Aspas to somehow swing the Moreno deal. Daft if we haven't.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:09 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:55 pm wrote::laugh:
according to the fail we have made ben davies our no 1 priority as a deal for moreno is looking less and less likely  :D  they are claiming swansea rejected a £8mil bid from us  :eyebrow

Yeah, the Echo is reporting that the Moreno deal has fallen through with the two clubs unable to agree a fee.
We are now supposedly turning our attention to other targets including Ryan Bertrand  :(
Why we don't just throw a sizeable chunk of the Suarez money at Wolfsburg for Ricardo Rodriguez I just don't know, he's the best LB out there ATM and he's still in his early 20's.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:09 pm wrote:

Yeah, the Echo is reporting that the Moreno deal has fallen through with the two clubs unable to agree a fee.
We are now supposedly turning our attention to other targets including Ryan Bertrand  :(
Why we don't just throw a sizeable chunk of the Suarez money at Wolfsburg for Ricardo Rodriguez I just don't know, he's the best LB out there ATM and he's still in his early 20's.

yeah read a few articles saying it fell through over the valuation. £4mil apparently.
rodriguez would cost a bit and i doubt we are willing to pay more for the next target than we where for moreno which reportedly was £14 mil.
moreno was imo to replace enrique and maybe now rodgers has opted to go with back up instead, bertrand or davies as back up to enrique. id say lallana was the biggest purchase of this window mate, even more convinced when i heard rodgers again trotting the young hungry player spiel being exactly what we are looking for.
personally i think enrique is a fantastic defender and the prospect of him and markovic on the left would be a threat to any side.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:20 am

red till i die!! » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:34 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:09 pm wrote:

yeah read a few articles saying it fell through over the valuation. £4mil apparently.
rodriguez would cost a bit and i doubt we are willing to pay more for the next target than we where for moreno which reportedly was £14 mil.
moreno was imo to replace enrique and maybe now rodgers has opted to go with back up instead, bertrand or davies as back up to enrique. id say lallana was the biggest purchase of this window mate, even more convinced when i heard rodgers again trotting the young hungry player spiel being exactly what we are looking for.
personally i think enrique is a fantastic defender and the prospect of him and markovic on the left would be a threat to any side.

I'm not sure Brendan is a huge fan of Enrique mate, I seem to remember him singling out Jose and Downing for particularly harsh criticism one time, telling the pair of them that they were fighting for their Liverpool careers.
If I remember correctly Enrique was a bit perplexed and even bewildered by the comments as he felt he was playing quite well at the time. I think he thought Brendan's comments came right out of left field.
Personally I think he's a good player, he's maybe not the greatest going forward but at least his pace and strength stop him from being ripped to shreds a la Andre Wisdom in the Goodison Derby. I'd much rather have Enrique in the team than Bertrand or Davies that's for sure.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:26 am

I think we missed the hell out of Enrique last year, and if we are going to sign Bertrand or Davies, it better be as a backup.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:47 am

ethanr » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:26 am wrote:I think we missed the hell out of Enrique last year, and if we are going to sign Bertrand or Davies, it better be as a backup.

I am fully confident whoever performs best would play.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:47 am

Looks like the Ben Davies story is gathering a bit of momentum. Apparently we will go in with another offer after Swansea rejected our £8m bid
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:36 pm

Doeboy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:47 am wrote:Looks like the Ben Davies story is gathering a bit of momentum. Apparently we will go in with another offer after Swansea rejected our £8m bid

I'm not sure why we are buying more bench fodder from Swansea. Brendan is obsessed by that club. He's possibly the best young manager in world football with the entire planet at his feet and yet he keeps trying to sign players he's worked with before.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:58 pm

players he knows fit the model of Liverpool fc maybe?
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:07 pm

leeroy74 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:58 am wrote:players he knows fit the model of Liverpool fc maybe?

Lazy scouting more like!
FIFA estimates that there are 327,008 professional football clubs on the planet and roughly about 38.5m registered players, why the hell are we linked with so many players from just 2 clubs?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:17 pm

leeroy74 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:58 pm wrote:players he knows fit the model of Liverpool fc maybe?

you make it sound like every player he has bought fits the model  :;):
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:47 pm

Now Telegraph saying spurs have had a £10m bid accepted and we are contemplating whether to match it or not. The lad's preference is us obviously with CL on offer
Doeboy

Postby red_indian » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:24 pm

why can we not close out such deals???
Sky Sports - Barcelona have allowed promising Spain forward Cristian Tello to join Porto on a two-year loan deal. The 22-year-old has scored 11 league goals in three seasons with the Primera Division club but looks poised to leave Spain for Portugal permanently, with the loan arrangement allowing the Dragons to purchase Tello in two years' time.
red_indian

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill