Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ethanr » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:57 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:22 am wrote:
leeroy74 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:56 pm wrote:Marco Reus? Heavily linked with him now

Just read that on talksport. This move really excites me, he's the world class player that we need after Suarez.

I'm not even gonna pretend to get my hopes up.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby chriserfolg » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:00 am

LFC1990 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:30 pm wrote:Im not Draxlers biggest fan I would rather go with Coutinho. Di Maria for me will be and always will be one of the most overrated players and I really hope he goes to UTD. Hummels is probably one of the best defenders at this precise time and im sure if dortmund was to listen to offers for him the likes of Citeh and Barce would blow us out of the water.

Draxler is the next big thing , has all the right attributes to be a top class player and is could be available for a good price and di maria is far from being overated , his assists are massive , great player and man utd is the last place i would want to see him end up at .

Agreed with you on Hummels , but what a player .

Getting sick with us linking up with half of Southampton players . Damn Brendan should have taken the job there  :D
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:24 am

ethanr » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:57 pm wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:22 am wrote:
leeroy74 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:56 pm wrote:Marco Reus? Heavily linked with him now

Just read that on talksport. This move really excites me, he's the world class player that we need after Suarez.

I'm not even gonna pretend to get my hopes up.

Loads on twitter about this, rumours going round of a £45m bid
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:14 am

Express Online
Liverpool ready to trigger £32m release clause to beat Man Utd and Arsenal to Arda Turan

LIVERPOOL could be set to reinvest £32m from the sale of Luis Suarez to sign Turkish midfielder Arda Turan from Atletico Madrid.

Manchester United and Arsenal both hold a longstanding interest in Turan, but Atletico have always insisted that the player would not be allowed to leave unless his buy-out clause was met.

That has previously prevented any of the Premier League trio making a move for Turan, but reports in Turkey suggest that Liverpool may be ready to trigger the £32m clause.

The Reds are set to pocket £75m from the sale of Suarez, and while Brendan Rodgers has moved quickly to bring in reinforcements, Turan's signing would be one of proven quality.

A significant wedge but i like this fella   :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:25 am

Express (again)

Deal resurrected! Liverpool set to splash £18m on Spanish international Alberto Moreno

LIVERPOOL have reignited their interest in signing Sevilla defender Alberto Moreno.

According to reports in Spain, Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre has personally visited Moreno's representatives in Spain to thrash out an £18m deal.

A move for the Spanish international appeared to be quashed after Sevilla's sporting director described negotiations as "paralysed."
But the Brendan Rodgers' side appear to have overcome any financial obstacles and now look set to land their man.
The 22-year-old would constitute Liverpool's fourth summer signing, and represent a significant portion of the Northern Irishman's transfer kitty.

Rodgers has clearly made signing a new left-back a priority this summer.
The Kop boss was forced to switch emerging talent Jon Flanagan out of his preferred right-back position - while loan signing Aly Cissokho failed to live up to expectations.

Back in for Moreno, good news ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:51 am

cant believe we could be linked with another southampton player  :help
http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/14/liverpool ... z-4797330/?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:55 am

more like it  :nod  marco reus
http://www.givemesport.com/485265-liver ... utoplay=on

it would be a right kick in the teeth if manure land him without CL.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:08 am

sevilla seem to be playing hardball over moreno. we bid 16 they want 18, deal looks dead and now we could end up paying the 18mil + give them aspas on loan  :eyebrow
if we are really interested in moreno which we appear to be then i dont understand the hold up over the valuation. there is reportedly 2 mil in the difference which isnt an awful lot if he's the man you want.
we would be better off paying the full amount and selling aspas for 4 mil rather than loaning him out till his contract runs down  :nod
http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/07/ ... o-move-ba/?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:47 am

Two pieces of news which are coming out of Swansea via Sky sources are that the Liberty Stadium side have not received any offers for striker Wilfried Bony, who is reported to be a target for Liverpool, but the Welsh outfit are finalising a one-year loan deal with Napoli for Michu.

From Sky Website
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:04 pm

Tony Barret has said Liverpool are "baffled" by the rumors linking us to Marco Reus.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:31 pm

Markovic having a medical right now
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:31 pm

nicked from Bleacher....

Following the departure of Luis Suarez to Barcelona, a record fee received for Liverpool Football Club, manager Brendan Rodgers now has big money to spend.

Tony Barrett of The Times writes that Rodgers "will be handed the full proceeds from Luis Suarez’s club-record sale to Barcelona to reinvest in his squad."

Despite reports from Spain claiming the fee is lower, the unanimous reports in British media suggest the fee for Suarez was £75 million, as per The Indepdenent. Given Barcelona's reporting of the Neymar fee last summer—as per Reuters—it's hardly best to believe the fee being pushed from the Catalan club to their journalists.

Regardless, the Suarez fee eclipses the previous record fee Liverpool had received, £50 million for Fernando Torres from Chelsea in 2011.

The question now is whether Liverpool will break their record fee spent—currently the £35 million spent on Andy Carroll the same day as Torres headed for Stamford Bridge.

The departure of Suarez has seen a host of players being linked with a move to Anfield as some sort of replacement, something which is almost impossible given Suarez's unique attributes and ability.

Personally, calls from supporters wishing to sign a star name to replace Suarez are extremely questionable. Clearly Liverpool wanted to sign Alexis Sanchez, but he ended up at Arsenal. He would have been a very good replacement, given that he can play out wide in a front three, central forward or alongside another forward.

Alas, as demonstrated with the Sanchez deal and others last summer, big deals are difficult to pull off and despite being back in the Champions League—after five years away Liverpool aren't quite seen as a guaranteed top European side yet. They need more than one year back among Europe's elite before a player sees them as such.

Therefore, while fans may crave a big name signing, it could prove extremely difficult to acquire one. Not that there are many options anyway.

There are not many players who are worth spending big money on who aren't already playing at a top European club in the Champions League.

If the players aren't available, then there is no point spending big just to make a statement.

However, there is one player who could replace Suarez and would be worth spending big money—record breaking money for Liverpool—Marco Reus.

The 25-year-old missed Germany's victorious World Cup campaign through injury and has previously been linked with Barcelona. The Express claim Reus is furious that Barcelona opted for Suarez over him this summer, amidst interest from Manchester United too.

Dortmund have previously confirmed that the player has a release clause, as per Sky Sports. That clause is reported to become active next summer. However, having lost Mario Goetze and Robert Lewandowski in consecutive summers to rivals Bayern Munich, will Dortmund risk losing Reus the same way in 2015? Would they actually be better off getting a top price for the player now?

Note, Reus has not been linked with a move to Merseyside yet, except in a tenuous link via The Guardian's rumour mill on Monday. Alas, this article isn't about whether Liverpool will sign Reus, it's about why they should do all they can to attempt to sign him.

While a move to Liverpool may not prove possible, personally Reus is one of the few players capable of replacing Suarez at Anfield.

Quite simply, Reus ticks all the boxes: capable of playing anywhere across the attack and used to playing within a similar system to Liverpool at Dortmund—high energy, pressing, dynamic.

While many are discussing how Liverpool will replace Suarez's 31 goals from last season, even without Suarez's goals Rodgers side scored 70 Premier League goals—still the second most in the league. Concede a few less and add goals from midfield—see Adam Lallana, Philippe Coutinho, Raheem Sterling—plus new signing Rickie Lambert, and those 30 goals aren't what are essential.

What is most difficult to replace is Suarez's creativity and work ethic in the final third. That's where Reus fits in.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:49 pm

ethanr » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:04 pm wrote:Tony Barret has said Liverpool are "baffled" by the rumors linking us to Marco Reus.

yeah tony pi$$ all over the parade why dont ya ! :D
to tell the truth i would have been completely shocked if we were seriously interested in a player of that calibre  :nod  we dont seem to do top quality anymore  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:46 pm

Rumour going around we have agreed a fee with Chelsea for Lukaku
Doeboy

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:14 pm

The Toffees are gonna love that. Not sure I understand this signing to be honest.. we have Sturridge and Lambert that can play that role.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill