Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:41 pm

Its not the signing of  Wilfried Bony that bothers me ,its the likes of Bertrand and players Rodgers buys simply because he's worked with them before,players
he will persist in playing until his faith is justified .....I call it the Borini virus.

Bony has a bit of the 'Jimmy Floyds' about him ,he certainly has his raw power ,and knows where the goal is ,one thing is certain is Liverpool will be a different
animal next year ,who knows with all our options for offensive football with Lallana ,Sterling and this lad Markovic he could be just the robust marksmen we need.

YNWA
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:51 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:41 pm wrote:Its not the signing of  Wilfried Bony that bothers me ,its the likes of Bertrand and players Rodgers buys simply because he's worked with them before,players
he will persist in playing until his faith is justified .....I call it the Borini virus.

Bony has a bit of the 'Jimmy Floyds' about him ,he certainly has his raw power ,and knows where the goal is ,one thing is certain is Liverpool will be a different
animal next year ,who knows with all our options for offensive football with Lallana ,Sterling and this lad Markovic he could be just the robust marksmen we need.

YNWA

Spot on RB, I get really ***** off when BR goes back to former clubs if Bertrand can't make it at Chelsea then he's no good for us.

Regarding Bony, he may turn into another Sturridge type signing but I have my doubts, watching him last season he didn't look a deadly marksman to me. Wasted too many chances.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:34 pm

Boocity » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:51 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:41 pm wrote:Its not the signing of  Wilfried Bony that bothers me ,its the likes of Bertrand and players Rodgers buys simply because he's worked with them before,players

YNWA

Spot on RB, I get really ***** off when BR goes back to former clubs if Bertrand can't make it at Chelsea then he's no good for us.

Regarding Bony, he may turn into another Sturridge type signing but I have my doubts, watching him last season he didn't look a deadly marksman to me. Wasted too many chances.

I'm just hoping whoever we get up front, that he's been watched avidly by the scouts, and his attributes are conducive to the football Rodgers wants to play
in the absence of Suarez .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:16 pm

notice a name who doesn't belong here: (not the highlighted name, but Bony...)

Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:12 pm

He's ours tomorrow barring last minute hitches .......Excited  :buttrock
get a massive  release clause on him now. 

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:32 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:12 pm wrote:He's ours tomorrow barring last minute hitches .......Excited  :buttrock

]

he can run with a ball anyway  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:12 am

I'll just be glad when Markovic finally signs, this one has dragged on a bit and as we saw last January it's not beyond us to f**k up a deal at the eleventh hour.
I don't know if today's daily mirror is taking the p1$$ or not but they seem to think Brendan wants to sign 6 players with the Suarez money including 4 more players from Swansea and Southampton - Lovren, Bony, Vorm and Jay Rodriguez.
You try to laugh it off but you wouldn't put it past him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:33 am

I understand spreading the risk with the money but only on boys like Markovic who have a genuine chance
of being worldie's in a few years, trebling in value, but not over priced Prem players like Bony, I think he
was us a few years ago, not now surely.

Get the impression Rodgers likes a badass in the front line what with handling Suarez and trying for Costa
so why not Balotelli or Tevez, easy street after day to day with the cannibal  :D

Seriously I would go for Balotelli, reckon he could be mint for us and still not fulfilled his potential.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby shanks » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:18 am

parchpea » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:33 pm wrote:I understand spreading the risk with the money but only on boys like Markovic who have a genuine chance
of being worldie's in a few years, trebling in value, but not over priced Prem players like Bony, I think he
was us a few years ago, not now surely.

Get the impression Rodgers likes a badass in the front line what with handling Suarez and trying for Costa
so why not Balotelli or Tevez, easy street after day to day with the cannibal  :D

Seriously I would go for Balotelli, reckon he could be mint for us and still not fulfilled his potential.

Balotelli could become world class but he as issues he needs to sort is head out he is unmangeable although he is the right age

Tevez i think is bubble as burst he is 30yrs. old is best behind him for me he is a no
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:05 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:12 pm wrote:He's ours tomorrow barring last minute hitches .......Excited  :buttrock

Having only watched him a couple of times in Europe, and now this video.. I'd say he moves and plays alot like Robert Pires. I just hope he's stronger and dives abit less.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm

Apparently Markovic has said goodbye to the Benfica fans on his Facebook page, looks like an announcement could be close.
This lad will be a great signing for us IMO, obviously at only 20 he's not the finished article but he has the potential to go to the very top.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:59 pm

Andre Wisdom is going on loan to West Brom. Good move for all concerned as he gets some vital Premier League experience.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ol-3848449?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:09 pm

Can't say I've ever watched the lad before but on this video he's showing outstanding pace and skill with the ball at his feet plus a great awareness, can't wait to see him turn it on for us  :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:13 pm

He's a huge talent Woof, he doesn't even turn 21 until the end of next season, he's only a few months older than Raheem.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:48 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:13 pm wrote:He's a huge talent Woof, he doesn't even turn 21 until the end of next season, he's only a few months older than Raheem.

Mate with the likes of him plus Sterling, Coutinho and Sturridge  in the team there's no doubt we've got some outstanding young attacking talent BUT they're gonna need a solid platform to perform from.

Surely BR is going to address this issue ?  otherwise for all our attacking flair we'll remain vulnerable. I'm a believer in the old adage "a succesful team is built from the back"

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill