metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun May 04, 2014 6:10 pm

Daily fail is linking us with Micah Richards
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun May 04, 2014 6:37 pm

metalhead » Sun May 04, 2014 5:05 pm wrote:Lallana for 12-15m would be an excellent signing

I agree 25m is way over the top

We bought Henderson for 20 million. Are you saying that lallana is not as good as henderson?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun May 04, 2014 6:38 pm

No

I'm saying we shouldn't pay over the odds for a player
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun May 04, 2014 9:48 pm

Lallana is really an obvious one for us, perfect fit, but depends how much we really want him.

Suspect someone will pay South of £25m and up the anti on wages so our only hope is personal
desire and if he really wants to come to Liverpool.

Cant see us getting in deep on a bidding war as we never do and so unless he has his mind set
on joining us it could be difficult.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed May 07, 2014 6:52 am

I rather we pay that kind of money for someone like Reus, Kroos or Rakitic rather than someone whose only done well for a short span. Surely we've learned from the Carroll debacle? And if you want a similar player for Lallana for less than 10m, why not go for Dzagoev? He's just as good.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby tubby » Wed May 07, 2014 1:13 pm

I just hope there will be decent money to spend in the summer that is not soley driven by outgoings.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed May 07, 2014 1:14 pm

metalhead » Sun May 04, 2014 5:38 pm wrote:No

I'm saying we shouldn't pay over the odds for a player

Paying over the odds for a player is ok, so long as there is a strong liklyhood they will perform well. eg Ronaldo, Bale, Zidance ect...
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Wed May 07, 2014 5:37 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Tue May 06, 2014 9:52 pm wrote:I rather we pay that kind of money for someone like Reus, Kroos or Rakitic rather than someone whose only done well for a short span. Surely we've learned from the Carroll debacle? And if you want a similar player for Lallana for less than 10m, why not go for Dzagoev? He's just as good.

I really wish we'd go after Rakitic. Seems a fantastic player. Although one I'd rather have more is Antoine Griezmann. He's absolutely lit it up for Sociedad this year with 16 goals as an attacking midfielder and he's only 22 I think. He's also helped f*cking carlos vela look good. carlos vela!
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Wed May 07, 2014 6:53 pm

ethanr » Wed May 07, 2014 5:37 pm wrote:
maypaxvobiscum » Tue May 06, 2014 9:52 pm wrote:I rather we pay that kind of money for someone like Reus, Kroos or Rakitic rather than someone whose only done well for a short span. Surely we've learned from the Carroll debacle? And if you want a similar player for Lallana for less than 10m, why not go for Dzagoev? He's just as good.

I really wish we'd go after Rakitic. Seems a fantastic player. Although one I'd rather have more is Antoine Griezmann. He's absolutely lit it up for Sociedad this year with 16 goals as an attacking midfielder and he's only 22 I think. He's also helped f*cking carlos vela look good. carlos vela!

Just because Vela didn't succeed in the prem it doesn't mean that he's a bad player. Anyway, just read that we're being linked with Griezman today. Great player but won't be cheap. I'm glad that we all agree on Rakitic though, he would be a fantastic signing. Used to be an attacking midfielder but he has now developed into a fantastic box to box midfielder and he's exactly what we need IMO.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Wed May 07, 2014 7:43 pm

Would love to get Griezman in our red shirt, this chap is the real deal, fantastic coming from either side or through the middle, if we got him it would be a major sign of intent
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mkingdom » Thu May 08, 2014 12:33 pm

Whatever happens, it is just so good to know that we can finally compete for the higher level players as we have CL, are seen as title contenders and have a bit more money due to the last two points.
mkingdom

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu May 08, 2014 10:11 pm

Sky Sports News are reporting that we are looking to sign Adam Lallana before the World Cup starts.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri May 09, 2014 8:11 am

damjan193 » Wed May 07, 2014 5:53 pm wrote:
ethanr » Wed May 07, 2014 5:37 pm wrote:

Just because Vela didn't succeed in the prem it doesn't mean that he's a bad player. Anyway, just read that we're being linked with Griezman today. Great player but won't be cheap. I'm glad that we all agree on Rakitic though, he would be a fantastic signing. Used to be an attacking midfielder but he has now developed into a fantastic box to box midfielder and he's exactly what we need IMO.

Vela is a better player than Griezmann, he didn't make it in England, but he wasn't given three games in a row neither. Suffice to say he boosted a team that only fought for being comfortable in La Liga to the 4th place. Three seasons, more goals every season.

I'd rather sell Griezmann a very good player which already talked about here 5 years ago than Vela. Vela is quick, learnt how to use the body in England he scores 20 goales a season, but the unsung story are his 16 assists, and the more than *20* red cards he has produced because he can only be stopped by foul. Now he's 23 he's not a lad any more, and he has a lot more experience

The problem with Vela is that Wenger put a clause in his contract and he can recover Vela for 3M quid provided that he doesn't sell the player. The problem with Wenger is that Vela didn't want to play for him again. But that could change with a couple of tap ins. Hope Real Sociedad doesn't lose the player and if we do, it's not Arsenal, United, Chelsea or Citeh :( Watch Real Sociedad go down in the table the day we lose Vela. Antoine is very important too, but I'd pay a lot less for him. As for his cheapness, rumour has it that he renewed his last contract with an agreement with the club not to ask for the whole buy clause. His clause is about 25M quid, but some say 20M would be enough. Less than that and you'd see the chairman hung in a tree.

The interest in these two Real Sociedad players might be more than Uncle Albert rumour because I know for a fact that the Liverpool Chief Scout was in Anoeta last game. But I read he was watching Griezmann and the CB Martinez, not Vela.

Rakitic is a great player, but he's wanted by half Europe
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri May 09, 2014 12:06 pm

Sabre » Fri May 09, 2014 8:11 am wrote:
Vela is a better player than Griezmann, he didn't make it in England, but he wasn't given three games in a row neither. Suffice to say he boosted a team that only fought for being comfortable in La Liga to the 4th place. Three seasons, more goals every season.

I'd rather sell Griezmann a very good player which already talked about here 5 years ago than Vela. Vela is quick, learnt how to use the body in England he scores 20 goales a season, but the unsung story are his 16 assists, and the more than *20* red cards he has produced because he can only be stopped by foul. Now he's 23 he's not a lad any more, and he has a lot more experience

The problem with Vela is that Wenger put a clause in his contract and he can recover Vela for 3M quid provided that he doesn't sell the player. The problem with Wenger is that Vela didn't want to play for him again. But that could change with a couple of tap ins. Hope Real Sociedad doesn't lose the player and if we do, it's not Arsenal, United, Chelsea or Citeh :( Watch Real Sociedad go down in the table the day we lose Vela. Antoine is very important too, but I'd pay a lot less for him. As for his cheapness, rumour has it that he renewed his last contract with an agreement with the club not to ask for the whole buy clause. His clause is about 25M quid, but some say 20M would be enough. Less than that and you'd see the chairman hung in a tree.

The interest in these two Real Sociedad players might be more than Uncle Albert rumour because I know for a fact that the Liverpool Chief Scout was in Anoeta last game. But I read he was watching Griezmann and the CB Martinez, not Vela.

Rakitic is a great player, but he's wanted by half Europe

Great feedback from "our man in Espania"

Cheers Sabre   :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill