Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby leeroy74 » Sun May 11, 2014 4:57 pm

cardiff-red » Sun May 11, 2014 9:30 am wrote:60 million wouldn't even buy his teeth imo.. if they want him they need to put 100 million on the table, then negotiations can begin

this right here ^^

he's staying with us
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun May 11, 2014 4:58 pm

thanks Leeroy, 1st time someones agreed with me  :grinning:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 11, 2014 5:01 pm

crazyhorse » Sun May 11, 2014 11:54 am wrote:Red tops reporting Lallana by end of this week for 20 million.

great news...now lets get some f**king defenders!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun May 11, 2014 5:17 pm

Why aren't we signing somebody FFS???  :grinning:
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 11, 2014 5:21 pm

7_Kewell » Sun May 11, 2014 4:01 pm wrote:
crazyhorse » Sun May 11, 2014 11:54 am wrote:Red tops reporting Lallana by end of this week for 20 million.

According to the papers we are lining up that Caulker who seems alright to me but has never struck me as being top class, maybe Brendan just wants a solid no nonsense center half.
I'm more concerned about our midfield, I hope we aim high when looking for a new CM.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 11, 2014 5:27 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 11, 2014 4:21 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun May 11, 2014 4:01 pm wrote:

According to the papers we are lining up that Caulker who seems alright to me but has never struck me as being top class, maybe Brendan just wants a solid no nonsense center half.
I'm more concerned about our midfield, I hope we aim high when looking for a new CM.

For 8 million (his reported get out clause) Caulker will give us a decent option in defence. I know he's not everyone's top defender, but he's very much no nonsense and could work wonders in our team. And, for the money, he's not that much of a risk.

But we also need a defensive midfielder, because Lucas isn't good enough for a top 4 side.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon May 12, 2014 7:48 am

sky sports news reporting this morning that the scum have placed a £27 million bid for luke shaw
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon May 12, 2014 10:46 am

BBC Sport main website running that we have made official bid for Lallana

Adam Lallana: Liverpool make bid for Southampton captain

Liverpool have made a bid for Southampton captain Adam Lallana, BBC Radio Solent has learned.

Midfielder Lallana, 26, has been a key member of the Saints side this season, scoring 10 goals in 42 appearances and earning three England caps.

He is set to be named in England's World Cup squad on Monday and admitted in Sunday's pre-match programme he has aspirations to play at a higher level.

"I'm ambitious. I want to one day play in the Champions League," said Lallana.
Adam Lallana

Adam Lallana made his England debut in November

Speaking on Sunday, Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger said he expected interest in the club's star players.

"The reason people look at our players is because the club does an excellent job developing them," Krueger told BBC Radio Solent. "It should be difficult here every summer.

"It is really important that people respect that there will be conversations going on, beginning on Monday, with clubs. That is part of the business."

Saints team-mate Luke Shaw is also being linked with a move away from St Mary's with Manchester United reported to have bid £27m for the left-back.

Lallana came through the Southampton academy, which also produced Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, and has become an integral member of a side that achieved its highest Premier League points total this season.

Saints finished eighth with 56 points and Lallana's form earned him a place in the Professional Footballers' Association Premier League team of the year, along with Shaw.

He made his England debut against Chile in November and has since played against Germany and Denmark.

Lallana, who was spotted by Southampton playing for Bournemouth's centre of excellence, is wanted by a Liverpool side who narrowly missed out on their first Premier League title in 24 years.

Brendan Rodgers' team finished two points behind eventual champions Manchester City, who won their second title in three years on Sunday.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon May 12, 2014 10:48 am

Liverpool have offered 10m euros for Real Madrid youngster Cristian Benavente.

The Peruvian international joined the Real Madrid youth system at eight-years-old, and came through the ranks as a promising attacking midfielder.

And reports in Spain claim the 19-year-old could be a potential target for the Reds.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon May 12, 2014 10:50 am

Liverpool FC are reportedly facing a battle for Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette after joining the list of interested clubs.

The 22-year-old has scored 17 goals this season and has been watched by Arsenal, Newcastle, Juventus and Everton.

The Daily Mail claim the Reds stand a chance of getting their man with Lyon vulnerable to offers due to financial problems.

The Reds are also targeting Leverkusen duo Emre Can and Heung-Min Son, according to the Daily Star.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 12, 2014 12:34 pm

cardiff-red » Mon May 12, 2014 6:48 am wrote:sky sports news reporting this morning that the scum have placed a £27 million bid for luke shaw

Pity we aren't in the running for him, £27m is a lot of money but at 18 he could he could be United's fullback for the next 15 years, he'd be a great signing for them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 12, 2014 12:47 pm

I know most of these reports linking us with players from Lyon and Madrids reserves etc is just pure speculation but I do hope we set our sights a bit higher this summer.
After finishing second the only way we can progress is to finish first, to do that we need to improve our starting XI.
Our squad is already full of potential (Ibe, Suso, Ilorri, Texiera, Wisdom, McLaughlin etc) so I can't see the point in padding out our bench even further.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon May 12, 2014 1:04 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 12, 2014 11:47 am wrote:I know most of these reports linking us with players from Lyon and Madrids reserves etc is just pure speculation but I do hope we set our sights a bit higher this summer.
After finishing second the only way we can progress is to finish first, to do that we need to improve our starting XI.
Our squad is already full of potential (Ibe, Suso, Ilorri, Texiera, Wisdom, McLaughlin etc) so I can't see the point in padding out our bench even further.

Benavente is an outstanding dribbler. Would love it if we got Patricio Rodriguez as well. These 2 players are speed demons and filled with unpredictable tricks to open up tight defenses. Could easily win us another 5 penalties if we got them.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 12, 2014 1:33 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Mon May 12, 2014 12:04 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 12, 2014 11:47 am wrote:I know most of these reports linking us with players from Lyon and Madrids reserves etc is just pure speculation but I do hope we set our sights a bit higher this summer.

Benavente is an outstanding dribbler. Would love it if we got Patricio Rodriguez as well. These 2 players are speed demons and filled with unpredictable tricks to open up tight defenses. Could easily win us another 5 penalties if we got them.

Is he any quicker or better than Ibe?
That Delofeu on loan at Everton was supposed to be the best young player in Spain and whilst he's done okay he can't even get a game ahead of Naismith.
After a second place finish we need more than potential in order to kick on and bridge the gap to first.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon May 12, 2014 4:45 pm

hmmmm, Loic Remy anyone ???

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew claims he will not give up on signing Queens Park Rangers striker Loic Remy.

The Frenchman spent the whole of last season on loan at St James' Park, finishing as the Magpies top scorer with 14.

Newcastle will face competition for his signature, with Premier League pair Arsenal and Liverpool also keen on signing the 27-year-old.

But Pardew admits they will not let him leave without a fight - admitting the deal would be a boost for the whole club.

The Magpies boss said: "I think we've got to give the fans and club a lift in the summer by recruiting well, and hopefully we can do that.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill