Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby parchpea » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:05 pm

They can have Cavani from what I have seen of him lately and Luke Shaw is a huge punt at
that price and ultimately the lads a full back.

Possible they may fall into the trap of buying names to get the brand back on track and paying
way over the odds for guys without any heart for the job ahead.

I know we where in for that Costa but again I think he is way over priced and hope Chelsea chuck
away a stack of notes on him.

Minefield trying to see through the hype of some of these guys and if they are the genuine article
particularly when faced with the rigours of the Premiership.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:33 am

Would really love to have Eriksen. He's just poetry in motion. Another one whom I've noticed this season is Nathan Redmond. Would be a good purchase.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:11 am

parchpea » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:05 pm wrote:They can have Cavani from what I have seen of him lately and Luke Shaw is a huge punt at
that price and ultimately the lads a full back.

Possible they may fall into the trap of buying names to get the brand back on track and paying
way over the odds for guys without any heart for the job ahead.

I know we where in for that Costa but again I think he is way over priced and hope Chelsea chuck
away a stack of notes on him.

Minefield trying to see through the hype of some of these guys and if they are the genuine article
particularly when faced with the rigours of the Premiership.

Couldn't agree more, the likes of Cavani and Costa look over hyped to me, don't get me wrong they are obviously good players but I don't think they are Suarez type 'game changers' (in the sense that a player comes into the league and changes the balance of power) and I don't think they are worth the £50m price tags being bandied about either.
Shaw admittedly looks a tremendous prospect but £30m/£100,000 a week is crazy money for an 18 year old who has only had 50 odd appearances. If Shaw is worth that what is Raheem worth? Sterling is only a year older but is having a huge impact on the title race and is playing a starring role in huge, high pressure clashes against quality sides like Man City.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:10 pm

Gotta say I have to disagree on Costa. He's unleveled the most stable league in the world when it comes to winning the title in La Liga... It's Barca and Madrid, and nobody else comes close until this year. Yes they've got a few other good players, but he's carried that team. Will he go for a lot if he leaves? Absolutely, but he's probably shown he's worth it.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:06 pm

ethanr » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:10 pm wrote:Gotta say I have to disagree on Costa. He's unleveled the most stable league in the world when it comes to winning the title in La Liga... It's Barca and Madrid, and nobody else comes close until this year. Yes they've got a few other good players, but he's carried that team. Will he go for a lot if he leaves? Absolutely, but he's probably shown he's worth it.

He's been playing professionally for 8 seasons and his best goal tally before this season was 10, I don't think he's in Suarez's class or anywhere near it mate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:52 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:06 pm wrote:
ethanr » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:10 pm wrote:Gotta say I have to disagree on Costa. He's unleveled the most stable league in the world when it comes to winning the title in La Liga... It's Barca and Madrid, and nobody else comes close until this year. Yes they've got a few other good players, but he's carried that team. Will he go for a lot if he leaves? Absolutely, but he's probably shown he's worth it.

He's been playing professionally for 8 seasons and his best goal tally before this season was 10, I don't think he's in Suarez's class or anywhere near it mate.

I don't think he's in Suarez's class either, but I do think he's done wonderful things for that club. Last year they had Falcao playing as the sole striker who scored all the goals, but their coach and much of their management said its isn't Falcao that was the reason for success, it was Costa who was pushed out wide, more often more like a winger because of their setup. This year he's taken over as their sole point of attack, and he's absolutely excelled.

Just look at Suarez. If Sturridge weren't in the lineup at all and we focused more on Suarez, he'd probably be closer to 40 goals this season than 30. Falcao had a much more significant affect on Costa's goal tally because he was pushed into more of a midfield role.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:26 am

Is that Robert Snodgrass another Charlie Adam or a potential money ball hit for a much bigger club?  :lookaround
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:49 am

parchpea » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:26 am wrote:Is that Robert Snodgrass another Charlie Adam or a potential money ball hit for a much bigger club?  :lookaround

Snodgrass isn't what we need at our level. We should be looking at players like Barkley, Kroos, Draxler and Rakitic. But if you're looking at players from Norwich, Nathan Redmond has to be their best. Not sure how old he is, but could Ruddy be a good option as well?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Never took any notice of the "Caughtoffside" site before so don't know how reliable they are but they're reporting that Suarez is insisting he be allowed to talk to Real Madrid if they make an approach   :(

Loads of other sources are claiming Madrid are determined to sign either Suarez or Aguerro in the summer .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:42 pm

Silly season is fast approaching woof and we should be prepared for lots more stories linking our best players with moves away.  The big hitters will be circling the likes of Coutinho and Sterling too before long.

It's not out of the question that if we win the league Suarez might seek a new challenge, especially while he is away at the WC with god knows who putting words in his ear.  I hope CL football is enough to keep him, but if we win the league and he wants to go, and isn't disrespectful to the club in the way he goes about it then I won't have too much of a problem.  At the end of the day playing for Madrid is the pinnacle for most Latin players and there's not much we can do about it.

Still, let's forget that for now.... 20mins til ko...
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:45 pm

JC_81 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:42 pm wrote:Silly season is fast approaching woof and we should be prepared for lots more stories linking our best players with moves away.  The big hitters will be circling the likes of Coutinho and Sterling too before long.

It's not out of the question that if we win the league Suarez might seek a new challenge, especially while he is away at the WC with god knows who putting words in his ear.  I hope CL football is enough to keep him, but if we win the league and he wants to go, and isn't disrespectful to the club in the way he goes about it then I won't have too much of a problem.  At the end of the day playing for Madrid is the pinnacle for most Latin players and there's not much we can do about it.

:)

Thanx for the chill pill JC       :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:48 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:45 pm wrote:
JC_81 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:42 pm wrote:Silly season is fast approaching woof and we should be prepared for lots more stories linking our best players with moves away.  The big hitters will be circling the likes of Coutinho and Sterling too before long.

:)

Thanx for the chill pill JC       :D

:laugh:

Let's get stuck in to these....
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:36 pm

Lallana linked with us today

I would have him in a heartbeat
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:29 pm

Bits and bobs suggesting that we are trying to get Mascherano back this summer.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:34 pm

metalhead » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:36 pm wrote:Lallana linked with us today

I would have him in a heartbeat

So would I.

I think he would be perfect for us.
He has been playing in a side that press the ball like we do. He can beat a man and spot a pass and is a decent finisher too.

Hope we are definitely in for him.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill