Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby metalhead » Fri May 09, 2014 4:09 pm

When I read the rumors about the two sociedad players I thought Sabre would let us know more info.

and he actually did

Great insight mate!  :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Fri May 09, 2014 6:56 pm

Sounds like there's genuine interest in Lallana. I like the guy, but for £25 million? If we are spending that much, we should be looking at players like Rakitic, or even Marco Rues. I think Rues would be a bit of a long shot, but he does have a 35 million euro release clause, so not much more than Lallana.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Fri May 09, 2014 7:03 pm

Sabre » Fri May 09, 2014 8:11 am wrote:
Vela is a better player than Griezmann, he didn't make it in England, but he wasn't given three games in a row neither. Suffice to say he boosted a team that only fought for being comfortable in La Liga to the 4th place. Three seasons, more goals every season.

I'd rather sell Griezmann a very good player which already talked about here 5 years ago than Vela. Vela is quick, learnt how to use the body in England he scores 20 goales a season, but the unsung story are his 16 assists, and the more than *20* red cards he has produced because he can only be stopped by foul. Now he's 23 he's not a lad any more, and he has a lot more experience

The problem with Vela is that Wenger put a clause in his contract and he can recover Vela for 3M quid provided that he doesn't sell the player. The problem with Wenger is that Vela didn't want to play for him again. But that could change with a couple of tap ins. Hope Real Sociedad doesn't lose the player and if we do, it's not Arsenal, United, Chelsea or Citeh :( Watch Real Sociedad go down in the table the day we lose Vela. Antoine is very important too, but I'd pay a lot less for him. As for his cheapness, rumour has it that he renewed his last contract with an agreement with the club not to ask for the whole buy clause. His clause is about 25M quid, but some say 20M would be enough. Less than that and you'd see the chairman hung in a tree.

The interest in these two Real Sociedad players might be more than Uncle Albert rumour because I know for a fact that the Liverpool Chief Scout was in Anoeta last game. But I read he was watching Griezmann and the CB Martinez, not Vela.

Rakitic is a great player, but he's wanted by half Europe

Wow, I had no idea that Arsenal can buy Vela back for so little, really hope that it doesn't happen.

A lot of people who regularly watch La Liga will agree with you, that Vela is better than Griezman, and they'll have good arguments to back that up because Vela has truly been fantastic in Spain, one of the best there. But the reason I prefer Griezman is because he is an universal player, and by universal I mean he could play in any league and adopt any playing style, while I can't say the same about Vela. Vela has been a different player in Spain, but if he came back to England I think he'll struggle again, maybe not as much as in the past but he still won't be able to adapt. Griezman on the other hand, could fit in any team and any league. If we could get him for 20 million I'd definitely go for him. This is all in my opinion of course.

As for Rakitic, I know that he's a wanted player, but we're in a good position now and I think that we are more than capable to sign players such as him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri May 09, 2014 11:08 pm

James Pearce of The Echo saying, LFC had been expected to go back in for Konoplyanka this summer but they are now looking at alternative targets
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat May 10, 2014 12:09 am

cardiff-red » Fri May 09, 2014 10:08 pm wrote:James Pearce of The Echo saying, LFC had been expected to go back in for Konoplyanka this summer but they are now looking at alternative targets

Chairman of Dnipro could have scuppered the lads chance in January as we may have better options now with CL
football secured.

Either that or we are trying to lower the price for Konoplyanka by backing away from him through the media.

Still a possible though surely if we choke at the true cost of a player like Lallana, who wont come cheap.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat May 10, 2014 6:17 am

To be honest, I haven't seem much of lallana just glimpses here and there. Is he really that good? He seems to be a skillful player but not so quick. Against us he didn't stand out much. If he's an attacking midfielder, where does he fit in for us? Sterling and Coutinho are vying for that spot...will he be an improvement over sterling and continho?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat May 10, 2014 10:23 am

Not sure you watched the game at st marys. Lallana was outstanding and first half ran the show.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby JC_81 » Sat May 10, 2014 10:56 am

I think Lallana would be a perfect fit for us to be honest.  He ran the first half against us at St Mary's and his goals/assists have been superb this season.  He also fits the mould of a player not yet at his peak who should be hungry to succeed and learn.  Rodgers could make him even better. 20-25 mil is a lot but quality costs money.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat May 10, 2014 12:26 pm

Browsing through the gossip columns today and the summer transfer rumours are already in overdrive !

We're being linked with over a dozen players ! The strongest rumours are attributed to Lallana who has apparently met with Southamptons top brass and begged to be allowed to move to Liverpool.

Other recurring rumours linking players to us are, DM/CM Alex Song ex Arsenal currently with Barca . Cardiffs skipper CB Steven Caulker and Swansea's GK Michel Vorm.

Also saw one report that BR has advised Barcelona of his interest in signing Mascherano should they decide to sell him, price could be around £16 million.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Sat May 10, 2014 3:49 pm

Mascherano for 16 million? Thanks, but no. I wouldn't have him for any price actually. Not that I hate him, I just don't think that we need him.

Would definitely have Alex Song though, if the price is low enough.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Sat May 10, 2014 3:54 pm

damjan193 » Fri May 09, 2014 6:03 pm wrote:
Sabre » Fri May 09, 2014 8:11 am wrote:
Vela is a better player than Griezmann, he didn't make it in England, but he wasn't given three games in a row neither. Suffice to say he boosted a team that only fought for being comfortable in La Liga to the 4th place. Three seasons, more goals every season.

I'd rather sell Griezmann a very good player which already talked about here 5 years ago than Vela. Vela is quick, learnt how to use the body in England he scores 20 goales a season, but the unsung story are his 16 assists, and the more than *20* red cards he has produced because he can only be stopped by foul. Now he's 23 he's not a lad any more, and he has a lot more experience

The problem with Vela is that Wenger put a clause in his contract and he can recover Vela for 3M quid provided that he doesn't sell the player. The problem with Wenger is that Vela didn't want to play for him again. But that could change with a couple of tap ins. Hope Real Sociedad doesn't lose the player and if we do, it's not Arsenal, United, Chelsea or Citeh :( Watch Real Sociedad go down in the table the day we lose Vela. Antoine is very important too, but I'd pay a lot less for him. As for his cheapness, rumour has it that he renewed his last contract with an agreement with the club not to ask for the whole buy clause. His clause is about 25M quid, but some say 20M would be enough. Less than that and you'd see the chairman hung in a tree.

The interest in these two Real Sociedad players might be more than Uncle Albert rumour because I know for a fact that the Liverpool Chief Scout was in Anoeta last game. But I read he was watching Griezmann and the CB Martinez, not Vela.

Rakitic is a great player, but he's wanted by half Europe

Wow, I had no idea that Arsenal can buy Vela back for so little, really hope that it doesn't happen.

A lot of people who regularly watch La Liga will agree with you, that Vela is better than Griezman, and they'll have good arguments to back that up because Vela has truly been fantastic in Spain, one of the best there. But the reason I prefer Griezman is because he is an universal player, and by universal I mean he could play in any league and adopt any playing style, while I can't say the same about Vela. Vela has been a different player in Spain, but if he came back to England I think he'll struggle again, maybe not as much as in the past but he still won't be able to adapt. Griezman on the other hand, could fit in any team and any league. If we could get him for 20 million I'd definitely go for him. This is all in my opinion of course.

As for Rakitic, I know that he's a wanted player, but we're in a good position now and I think that we are more than capable to sign players such as him.

Hmmm. I think you have a point in what you say about universal. A team that have space and counterattack would find Vela incredible. A team that dominates most of the games and have a parked bus on front of them, might preffer Griezmann. A well explained point is a good point.  :nod

I have my reasons to preffer Vela (football, the fact that Vela is more professional and Griezmann likes night fiesta more) but your reasons are as valid as mine :)

P.D. 20M quid would be enough for Griezmann (the release clause is about 26M), as you'll soon see, because he's most probably off this summer. What I don't know is where he'll go.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun May 11, 2014 10:05 am

BBC Sport

Real Madrid C.F. are reportedly preparing a £60m summer bid for Liverpool FC striker Luis Suarez after making the 27-year-old their top transfer target.

For more of today’s football gossip go to http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/gossip/
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun May 11, 2014 10:17 am

lakes10 » Sun May 11, 2014 10:05 am wrote:BBC Sport

Real Madrid C.F. are reportedly preparing a £60m summer bid for Liverpool FC striker Luis Suarez after making the 27-year-old their top transfer target.

For more of today’s football gossip go to http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/gossip/

Yeah, I mentioned that in the Suarez thread

Some papers still reporting they've made Luis their number one target and will start bidding at around a laughable £60 million + Benzema

What do you think, will Luis have his head turned ? If so what do we do about it ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby C-R » Sun May 11, 2014 10:30 am

60 million wouldn't even buy his teeth imo.. if they want him they need to put 100 million on the table, then negotiations can begin
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sun May 11, 2014 12:54 pm

Red tops reporting Lallana by end of this week for 20 million.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill