Roberto carlos to chelsea?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ciggy » Wed May 17, 2006 2:59 pm

???  Are they trying to be the new galaticos or what?
Hope they are spend billions and then fail to win anything after a number of years, imagine when things arnt going to well in a game and Maureen hauls Ballack and Shevchenco off after 20 mins :grinning:. Imagine Carlos in a wednesday night game in the winter against Bolton :D
Hope they sign a load of feckin personalties that clash and a very unhappy changing room.

Blues linked with Carlos capture

Reports in Spain suggest that Chelsea are on the brink of tying up a sensational deal for Real Madrid's Brazilian international full-back Roberto Carlos.

Carlos is one of world football's most exciting defenders, but has been linked with a summer exit from Los Merengues after indicating he would be ready to return to his homeland.

Rumours about a switch to Stamford Bridge have also been building momentum, with reports in South America suggesting contact between the club and Carlos' agent, and now Spanish television is indicating that The Blues have agreed a deal with their Spanish counterparts that would also see two players move the other way.

Summer signing Asier Del Horno has been named as one after struggling to impress Jose Mourinho this season, and it appears as though Real are willing to sanction the departure of the star who has provided the Bernabeu crowd with many memorable moments since joining from Internazionale.

Madrid have also reputedly received offers from Turkish outfit Fenerbahce as well as Qatar, but Carlos looks more likely to be the latest world class performer to join Mourinho in London, coming hot on the heels of German captain Michael Ballack.

Carlos is currently under contract until 2007 in La Liga, but Real are looking to overhaul their squad after the collapse of the galactico project and Blues supremo Roman Abramovich has been a fan of the left-back for some time.

Chelsea are also pursuing Milan's Andrei Shevchenko and Argentinian sensation Carlos Tevez as Mourinho makes a clear break from his previous transfer policy of signing lower profile players desperate for silverware.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed May 17, 2006 3:08 pm

Yes, in Madrid they see this operation involving Roberto Carlos and Del Horno as very likely. In fact, might be among some other swaps between the two clubs, Robben has also been mentioned.

God creates them, and they meet each other, we tend to say here when two disliked people or teams in this case get together :)

Mourinhno is on  the wrong path, yet again. Roberto Carlos is far from the player he used to be. He calculates a lot more when to go up, as he hasn't 23 years any more. Defending, he's been always more a hole than a safe man, it was his goals and attack contribution, and those factors are already in clear decline, the ones that kept him in top european teams.

So it's ok to me. Chelsea won't be tougher next year with this signing, and our next league title will be closer.

It surprises me a little bit the confidence that Abramovich is having on Mourinho. Chelsea is on the way in fact ob being the new galacticos, in their failure, and in their answer to failure: spend lots of money. That's good for us.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed May 17, 2006 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed May 17, 2006 3:46 pm

If they buy Carlos and play him against us next season, my suspicion is that Steven gerrard will rip him up for erse paper if he plays on the right-hand side of midfield on that day. The days of there being a debate about who is the best left-back in the World between Carlos and ashley Cole are long since over. If Cole has any rivals (and FWIW I don't think he does) then it certainly isn't the Brazilian.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed May 17, 2006 3:47 pm

cheatski are just playing championship manager, but the 1999 version. shev anmd carlos were the best in the world, but now they wanna line there pockets
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed May 17, 2006 3:57 pm

Add Simao and Tevez to the list aswell and as soon as we make our intentions known on who we want to bring here Chelsea will bid treble.
They knew Man U wanted Ballack so thats why they bought him ( They dont need him.)
They knew we wanted Simao and SWP so they bought SWP for a ridiculas price so we could'nt outbid them.
They will outbid us with Simao just so he cannot make us stronger.

They will outbid everyone from now on to get the best around.
Only 11 players can start a game and Maureen tends to stick with the same 11 week in week out barring injury.
How is he going to keep them all happy?

Also he seems to be changing his targets into players that are exciting to watch cause lets face it all the money they have spent they are not a good side to watch, Barca showed them up when they played against them, and I think they want a team like that.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Wed May 17, 2006 6:43 pm

Ciggy wrote:Add Simao and Tevez to the list aswell and as soon as we make our intentions known on who we want to bring here Chelsea will bid treble.
They knew Man U wanted Ballack so thats why they bought him ( They dont need him.)
They knew we wanted Simao and SWP so they bought SWP for a ridiculas price so we could'nt outbid them.

Only 11 players can start a game and Maureen tends to stick with the same 11 week in week out barring injury.
How is he going to keep them all happy?

Also he seems to be changing his targets into players that are exciting to watch cause lets face it all the money they have spent they are not a good side to watch, Barca showed them up when they played against them, and I think they want a team like that.

Im glad that there in for Simao.  Ive seen him a good few times and hes not all that much yet he scores good goals.  But he cant tackle, hates helping out in defence.  An paying 12 million for him is day light robbery.

An I hope they get Carlos and some other players who thing they have the biggest balls in the world.  Cause Ballack is the biggest arragant :censored: on the planet.  More the merry'er for the chelsea rent boys.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Wed May 17, 2006 8:31 pm

Carlos gets worse and worse at defending every year. There's a reason why Madrid want to get rid of him. I don't see why Chelsea want him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed May 17, 2006 8:44 pm

A.B. wrote:I don't see why Chelsea want him.

Maureen doesnt Roman does, and apparently he's giving the orders now on who must sign  :grinning:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed May 17, 2006 8:46 pm

Ciggy wrote:
A.B. wrote:I don't see why Chelsea want him.

Maureen doesnt Roman does, and apparently he's giving the orders now on who must sign  :grinning:

I think if Roman keeps doing these sort of things, Moanrinho will pack his bags sooner than expected. Roman should really keep his mouth shut, he's been a football fan for about three years and he's telling a licensed proven manager who to buy?  :O

He owns the club but FFS let the people who know their football do their job.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed May 17, 2006 8:53 pm

A.B. wrote:I think if Roman keeps doing these sort of things, Moanrinho will pack his bags sooner than expected. Roman should really keep his mouth shut,

Good :D
I hope Roman continues to give orders and they fall like a big pile of dominos the galatico version, up steps Senior Benitez and takes the title from under their feet like in La Liga, Oh well we can dream  :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Wed May 17, 2006 9:58 pm

He did it with Valencia against those Madrid snobs..

I'm pretty sure he'll do it with us. :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed May 17, 2006 10:16 pm

Carlos at Chelsea would be brilliant for the rest of the league...let the comedy ensue! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby H_K_LFC » Thu May 18, 2006 12:22 am

Why would you buy a 33 year-old(i think)left back whos best day are far far behind him.

Just makes no sense ???
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu May 18, 2006 8:55 am

Ciggy wrote:Add Simao and Tevez to the list aswell and as soon as we make our intentions known on who we want to bring here Chelsea will bid treble.

Let them.  They can't do it forever because quite simply you can't have 22 world class players in a squad - players of that calibre want to start every week.

I'm glad they're becoming the new galacticos.  Players like Carlos and Ballack won't fancy playing away to charlton on a monday night when it's pi.ssing with rain.  I don't think Chelsea's points total will be as high next year and therefore we're in with a chance of catching them whoever they buy.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Squigels » Thu May 18, 2006 10:14 pm

We have all seen from the Galacticos policy that it eventually doesnt work players argue blah blah blah, players cant understand other stars on crazy money , it strikes me that Mourinho has big enough an ego to try and make it work no matter who comes to chelsea he makes sure he is the biggest ego.

dont see why people are dissing Carlos though he may be over the hill or at least on his way down but he was and still is top class one of the best players of our generation. better then Del Horno any how.
Squigels

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill