Chelsea stars head for exit - In fire sale by abramovich

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:38 am

Agreed but i don't think either would h8appen . ROnaldo has said that he would leave in a year and i can see drogba and carvalho leaving for inter but not lampard nor essein
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mr_weed_80@hotmail.com » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:16 pm

i would love it if lampard went to milan A) chelski would be worse and B) it would be good to see some englishman venturing outside of the UK for once
mr_weed_80@hotmail.com

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:39 pm

mr_weed_80@hotmail.com wrote:i would love it if lampard went to milan A) chelski would be worse and B) it would be good to see some englishman venturing outside of the UK for once

Don't forget about Becks   :D
JoeTerp

Postby sgs » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:11 pm

Deal is done. Lampard to Inter for 9m euros; 7.3m in wages...
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:14 pm

sgs wrote:Deal is done. Lampard to Inter for 9m euros; 7.3m in wages...

Apparantley its b'llcks, thats what the reporter on SSN just said, he claimed he had spoken to Lampards agent who denied it.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:01 am

sgs wrote:Deal is done. Lampard to Inter for 9m euros; 7.3m in wages...

I'd love to see him go for that kind of money because it would make O'neal look daft with his demands.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:07 am

They wouldn't sell to us, but I'd be happy if we signed Joe Cole, Wayne Bridge and Shaun Wright Phillips.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:40 am

I think its a brave move from Lampard if he goes.  More british players need to try and play in another league.
puroresu

Postby andy_g » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:47 am

its not a lack of bravery that stops english players going abroad, its the huge salaries and comfort zone they get over here, plus the fact that the majority of english players are too stupid to learn another language.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mr_weed_80@hotmail.com » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:06 pm

i agree with puroresu, id love to see more of our players making a name for themselves in other leagues.
whenever i go to another country they always mention the names of English players that have played in their countries, such as Gasgoine, and this always makes me feel a sense of pride and patriotism
mr_weed_80@hotmail.com

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:35 pm

I'd doubt he'd go , he knows that he does not have much more time left to play , and he'd try to earn as much as possible and the best placr to do that is at chelsea , cash cow
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:37 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:They wouldn't sell to us, but I'd be happy if we signed Joe Cole, Wayne Bridge and Shaun Wright Phillips.

I'd take cole and wright Phillips in a heart beat would solve both our flank problems but it is very unlikely
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:59 am

mr_weed_80@hotmail.com wrote:i agree with puroresu, id love to see more of our players making a name for themselves in other leagues.
whenever i go to another country they always mention the names of English players that have played in their countries, such as Gasgoine, and this always makes me feel a sense of pride and patriotism

I can see why it would improve a players game if he sampled different leagues and styles of play etc.
But for these english players times have changes even compared to Gascoignes era which was almost 20 years ago when he moved to Italy. At that time the italian league was where the big money and big salaries where.
With Sky paying the premiership teams so much money and with all the dodgy but filthy rich owners in the premiership now even the smaller clubs can pay stupid wages.
So there isnt that much of an incentive to go and play abroad.
It still would be nice to see some players get of the comfort zone and challenge themselves a bit, i love watching closely english players when they are playing in different leagues, used to love watching Gazza, Platt and Ince in Italy, and even though they left us even loved watching Mcmanaman and Owen for Real.

Sadly i dont think many players have the desire to try something different, and its mainly to do with the money they earn at home.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:04 am

Waddle, Atkinson, Aldridge, Richardson, Lineker, Rush, were examples of the past.

McManaman, Owen, Beckham, are more recent examples.

In my opinion, a brittish footballer is very exportable and useful in leagues in which technique is demanded, they're not bad at that at all, they're not soft and they tend to be very professional.

I think that more exported players would benefit the English squad as a whole. The reasons not to happen that must be money as someone has mentioned.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:11 am

Sabre wrote:Waddle, Atkinson, Aldridge, Richardson, Lineker, Rush, were examples of the past.

McManaman, Owen, Beckham, are more recent examples.

In my opinion, a brittish footballer is very exportable and useful in leagues in which technique is demanded, they're not bad at that at all, they're not soft and they tend to be very professional.

I think that more exported players would benefit the English squad as a whole. The reasons not to happen that must be money as someone has mentioned.

Do you mean Dalian Atkinson mate ?

Did he play for Real Sociedad ? I remember he went to Turkey late in his career.
Also remember him scoring the goal of the season in the 90's for Villa against Wimbledon where he ran from his own half beat half the team and then lobbed the keeper, think it was in a very horrible green and navy striped top at the time, what a goal it was though.

If he did play for your team, how did he do ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill