Lucas to join liverpool - Not neill!

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri May 11, 2007 1:43 pm

s@int wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Who is Sebastian Leto?

Seb.Leto

err.. thanks..

so who is he?

:D
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby account deleted by request » Fri May 11, 2007 1:58 pm

Sebastián Leto (born August 30, 1986, Alejandro Korn, Buenos Aires) is an Argentine football player who currently plays for Club Atlético Lanús, on loan from Liverpool. He is a fast-paced left winger, but is unusually tall for the position at 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in).

Leto broke into the Lanús first team in 2005. In summer 2006 there were rumours linking him with a move to Real Betis for €4 million. River Plate and Racing Club were interested in buying him before Liverpool stepped in to sign the youngster in January of 2007 for $3.6 million. Leto will join Liverpool for the start of the 2007-2008 season. The player stated that he is relishing the chance to play for Liverpool, "I am calm. Liverpool is a club with a lot of history. I do not fear the challenge," said Leto.

Wikipedia
account deleted by request

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sat May 12, 2007 3:20 am

hes good on champ.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blur » Sat May 12, 2007 6:05 am

Just a quick one, with us signing all these S. Americans... How many Non-EUs can we put on field? Does this rule still apply?
blur

Postby account deleted by request » Sat May 12, 2007 9:53 am

Lucas has an Italian passport so he should be ok. (Whether its genuine or not is another matter :D  )

Postby stankanovic » Sat May 12, 2007 12:46 pm

i was hoping he would come to play for inter next season, as we really need a charismatic player which can create chances in midfield, however i am happy that he went to liverpool, where i think he can learn a lot with players like mascherano, gerrard and alonsoat his side, plus  benitezs coaching him. he is a holding midfiel(reminds me of emerson), however he has also a lot of quality and creates a lot of chances while attacking as u saw in the video. ina way he is quite similar to gerrard, also because he has a tremendous shot. he is the captain o the under21 brasil team and he is very charismatic. he was key in promoting gremio in the main brasil championship 2 years ago, and the next year they came 3 also mainly to him. he is a player for the future but also for the present and i dont think it will take long for him to make an impact on liverpool.
stankanovic

Postby JamCar05 » Sun May 13, 2007 11:49 am

I'm really excited about this signing, though I haven't actually seen him play. Sounds very promising, and we could do with a bit of brazilian flair. We do seem to have quite an array of central midfielders on our books now though ??? But I'm sure Rafa knows, what he is doing.
JamCar05

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 14, 2007 11:32 am

this is what one of the experts says about the deal, well tim vickery on the bbc site:

These moves are always a gamble, but I think this is a good one.

He's an exciting player of a type that Brazilian football hasn't produced too many of recently. Of late their central midfielders have tended to be 'holders' who sit and allow the full-backs to push forward.

Lucas is different. He's a big, blonde figure whose power and physical strength comes with attacking ability.

He can pass well and loves to rumble forward. He gets on the scoresheet both with blistering shots from range and from bursting beyond the strikers.

You can certainly imagine him playing alongside Javier Mascherano, for example.

I don't have the same fears for him as I did with Paletta. He's had two full seasons behind him - one helping Gremio win promotion from the second division, and then last year's success when he was chosen as the player of the championship.

In a perfect world you might want him to stay another year before moving on, but (a) Gremio need to sell to balance the books and (b) with Liverpool's strength in depth in central midfield it looks as if his first campaign will be a bedding in season.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon May 14, 2007 12:37 pm

dawson99 wrote:this is what one of the experts says about the deal, well tim vickery on the bbc site:

These moves are always a gamble, but I think this is a good one.

He's an exciting player of a type that Brazilian football hasn't produced too many of recently. Of late their central midfielders have tended to be 'holders' who sit and allow the full-backs to push forward.

Lucas is different. He's a big, blonde figure whose power and physical strength comes with attacking ability.

He can pass well and loves to rumble forward. He gets on the scoresheet both with blistering shots from range and from bursting beyond the strikers.

You can certainly imagine him playing alongside Javier Mascherano, for example.

I don't have the same fears for him as I did with Paletta. He's had two full seasons behind him - one helping Gremio win promotion from the second division, and then last year's success when he was chosen as the player of the championship.

In a perfect world you might want him to stay another year before moving on, but (a) Gremio need to sell to balance the books and (b) with Liverpool's strength in depth in central midfield it looks as if his first campaign will be a bedding in season.

Without wishing to place too high a tag on him, he does sound like a young GERRARD !!!!!  :D

Postby grayghost » Mon May 14, 2007 2:33 pm

I think this just confirms to me that Alonso will be leaving for Barca come the transfer window with us getting Etoo
grayghost

Postby babu » Mon May 14, 2007 2:42 pm

grayghost wrote:I think this just confirms to me that Alonso will be leaving for Barca come the transfer window with us getting Etoo

hope your wrong on both accounts.

Alonso (don't want to see him leave)
Eto (if the prices being at moment are correct, 35+ million euros - no thanks)

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Mon May 14, 2007 3:00 pm

babu wrote:
grayghost wrote:I think this just confirms to me that Alonso will be leaving for Barca come the transfer window with us getting Etoo

I was thinking more in a swap deal. And I agree with you i don't wana see him leave but we hane to many CM some one needs to leave
grayghost

Postby GOAT » Mon May 14, 2007 11:24 pm

grayghost wrote:
babu wrote:

I was thinking more in a swap deal. And I agree with you i don't wana see him leave but we hane to many CM some one needs to leave

zenden and sissoko for me
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue May 15, 2007 2:21 pm

SISSOKO.........

Why would Rafa get rid of Sissoko? He's 20-21 years old, has shown he has what it takes to play in the EPL and europe, and has a very bright future. Selling him would be a terrible decision...in my opinion!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby grayghost » Tue May 15, 2007 3:22 pm

GOAT wrote:
grayghost wrote:
babu wrote:

zenden and sissoko for me

I would send Sissoko out on loan he has had a bad season and we can't aford a bad start next season get him on loan to wigan ur some one to learn his craft
grayghost

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill