Lucas neill

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:21 pm

I gather we are linked with him, I would like to see him in a Liverpool shirt, he's far too good to be playing for a club like Blackburn (No disrespect to Blackburn). He's got great defensive abilities and has great leadership abilities. My major concerns are, would he disrupt the team spirit? If we were to sign him, I'd imagine he would be a bolster player, but would a player of his stature and ability be prepared to be rotated? Another problem is his tendancy to be rash in and around the penalty area as well as getting sent off, this could indeed be a problem.

I like him and I think he would be an excellent addition to our team, I'm sure he'd relish the chance of play for such an illustrious club like ours, he'd be able to replace Kromkamp, so Jan can go back to Holland.

Thoughts?
48-1119859832

Postby HantsRed » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:35 pm

He's the dirtiest f.ucker in the premiership and I've always hated him. Perhaps he uses that a.rsehole Kevin Muscat as his role model.

I suppose Souness and Jimmy Case were dirty b.astards in their time too - although they were also very talented players. I definitely wouldn't put Neill in their class.

As a player, he's better than Kromkamp but so are a lot of other right-backs. I'm sure we can find someone better who is less likely to get a red card every other game.
Isn't Chimbonda's still looking to leave Wigan?
HantsRed

Postby MaccaLFC » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:40 pm

It wouldn't be the right thing to do IMO. Yes, he's better than Kromkamp, but who isn't? If we need another RB for competition for Finnan, we should look elsewhere. I don't think he has the right attitude to play for us, and more importantly, I don't think he's good enough.
Der der der der der der der derrr!
MaccaLFC

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:43 pm

He's a dirty player, but I don't think that should cloud people's judgement on his ability as a player. Roy Keane was no angel and yet he's one of the finest player's of his generation. I like seeing a bit of agression in players, but I think he could well curb that with Rafa's man management abilities. He would no doubt strengthen our right back position. As for Chimbonda, he's a decent player but he's not as  good as Lucas Niel.
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:46 pm

MaccaLFC wrote:Yes, he's better than Kromkamp, but who isn't?

I think that's a little harsh.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:50 pm

Feck nooooooooo, he'd break all our players legs in trainin no tar.
Could'nt believe Barca where interested in him after the WC :oops:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:05 pm

Ciggy wrote:Could'nt believe Barca where interested in him after the WC

Exactly, he's a quality player, that's why he was linked with Barcelona and I'm pretty sure they will go in for him at some point, I think he would be worth the risk, he's proven in the Premiership and he would add that much needed depth and quality at right back, more so than Kromkamp. I'd go for him, after all we have signed Pennant and Bellamy, so what's one more?
48-1119859832

Postby luvliverpool » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:21 pm

Na we are LFC and only sign quality players........Barca can have him as far as im concerned!!!
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby Ciggy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:23 pm

0asis wrote:Exactly, he's a quality player, that's why he was linked with Barcelona and I'm pretty sure they will go in for him at some point, I think he would be worth the risk, he's proven in the Premiership and he would add that much needed depth and quality at right back, more so than Kromkamp. I'd go for him, after all we have signed Pennant and Bellamy, so what's one more?

I admit he had a good WC, but Ive seen nothing of quality in him, in all the years Ive watched him in the prem.
He is just a dirty kunt.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:45 pm

He's not a bad player.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby gary106 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:59 pm

he's ok but not good enough for a team like us

as i recall he's injured a couple fo our players in the past aswell
gary106

Postby Ciggy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:34 pm

:down: Jesus I thought it was a joke.

http://liverpoolfc.co.za/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1126051643/m/5581043852

News is spreading like wildfire that Blackburn Rovers' right full-back Lucas Neill is to open talks for a possible move to Liverpool.

The rumours initially started on ynwa.tv from popular poster Elisha Scott (who is always on the money with regards to news like this). However a few hours ago, former Australian midfielder Robbie Slater was on Aussie tv and suggested the very same thing.

Rumour has it that his agent will be meeting Rick Parry in the next few days to iron out a deal.

Neill will most likely replace Jan Kromkamp who didn't leave many fans with a good feeling after today's 1 - 1 draw against Sheffield United.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:37 pm

No thanks.

The fact he's a dirty fecker doesn't bother me, you need a few players like that in your team.  It's his lack of footballing ability that would be the problem.  He's competitive alright and decent in the air and the tackle, but positionally he gets caught out at times and he gets some serious rushes of blood to the head judging by some of his decision making - just watch the Australia - Italy match from the world cup.

Finnan's a better player and given more time to adapt to the league I wouldn't rule out Kromkamp being better than him either.  The Kromkamp criticism has been way over the top on this forum imo.  He's had less than half a dozen starts for us in his favoured position of right back FFS.  He wasn't great against Sheff Utd, but for me higher profile players like Fowler and Sissoko were more of a let down in that game.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:47 pm

I've had my doubts about players in the past - Crouch, etc but Lucas Neill is a joke. If Rafa signs him my opinion of Rafas decision making abilities in the transfer market will be tarnished.

He's a thug who can't play without kicking someone up in the air, the true definition of a muppet.

Fuck off Neill your not wanted, not by true fans anyways
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:52 pm

It could just be a cunning plan from Rafa, that we dont get anymore broken legs at Ewood Park  :;):

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill