Lucas lobos

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby red37 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:43 am

cant say much about this one. maybe our man in spain will give us the SP.

Reds train sights on Argentine
By Mark Kendall -  Created on 22 Aug 2006

Reports in Spain claim that Liverpool are monitoring the progress of Cadiz midfielder Lucas Lobos.

The skilful Argentine only joined the Spanish outfit during last season's January transfer window, but made a huge impression following his move from Gimnasia La Plata.

Although he could not ultimately help save Cadiz from the drop, he managed seven goals in 14 appearances for the Andalusian club and was widely hailed as the star of the second half of the Spanish season.

Cadiz have insisted they will fight tooth and nail to keep the free-scoring 25-year-old despite their relegation to La Segunda and have thus far been successful.

However, Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is now understood to have trained his sights on the South American and sent a scout to watch him in action last weekend as Cadiz took part in the Carranza Trophy along with Real Betis and Villarreal.

He is likely to have received very favourable reports as Cadiz won the pre-season tournament with Lobos the undoubted star of the show.

The Spaniards have already slapped a £10 million price-tag on the player's head, but Lobos himself has described the prospect of a move to Anfield as a "dream".

"My present is Cadiz and I don't have any news about Liverpool, although it would be a big dream for me," he stated.

Benitez is likely to keep a keen eye on the talented playmaker for the first half of the season, but if he continues to impress could well consider firming up his interest in the January transfer window.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:47 am

Good player. Very good player indeed, he's an attacking midfielder, one of those who likes to be in the oposition area often. Good awareness, good skill but he plays in a position that we have too well covered.

I'd be surprised if we sign him up, not because he lacks quality, but because I think we do not need anybody in that position
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:59 am

Maybe rafa is planning a further clearout to accommodate this guy. Kewell, Garcia, Zenden spring to mind!! Possible swap deals?? You never know. It was in the Independent so there is probably come substance to the story!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:24 pm

I don't think so. Cadiz is currently relegated to segunda. I guess it's a dream to avoid that division for him. Those rumours are often born from the environment of the player (his agent) so that he put his name in the market. A player of his quality do not want to play in that division.

I wouldn't concede too much credit to this rumour.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby livercadista » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:24 pm

He is good player, but president of the Cadiz CF this that does not sell it if they do not pay his clause, that is of 20 million euros. I believe that 20 million are too much
livercadista

Postby igorbiscuit » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:00 pm

20 million euros? ????? you're having a laugh cadiz :laugh:
igorbiscuit

Postby 108-1163930576 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:08 pm

may as well sign julio iglesias
108-1163930576

Return to The Rumour Mill