Lucas neill

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby mattylfc » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:01 am

apparently we have offered £2 million for him.
mattylfc

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:22 am

Radio City are now also reporting that we've lodged a bid for Neill (they've probably just picked it up from SKY). This is the first supposed target of Rafa's that has made me really go  ???  :oh:  :no . The interest may have stemmed from Kromkamp almost shit showings recently when filling in for Finnan and it's clear that RB is one area of the team that is still in need of strengthening. The advantage Niell has is that he's accustomed to the premiership. However is he good enough for Liverpool?? IMO - NO. He's too volatile a player to be able to rely on and I do worry that if we did sign him would it upset the dressing room after what he did to Carra. I doubt Carra will be happy about this but I would imagine he's more interested in whats best for the team and not just himself.

The whole story of Neill having interested barcelona is just bollox for me as he's coming to the end of his contract and is obviously just a daft rumour put out by his agent to get him a better contract or a big move IMO. Just look at Gary Breen - 4 years ago he was 'on the verge of signing for Barca' and ended up at sunderland  :wwww .
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:36 am

Dirty player like

But who knows...if he does come to Liverpool

I trust Rafa anyway :) i think he knows what hes doing
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:39 am

lawrenson_sarah wrote:Dirty player like

Congratulations on your 500th post Sarah, maybe you would like to go out for a drink and celebrate ? How about Friday night ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:40 am

RB is a problem position for Rafa.  Josemi, Kronkamp, now Neil.  That’s 3 suspect signings
puroresu

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:41 am

I reckon that Rafa used to be sh#t-hot with Panini cards (or the Spanish equivalent), as if we are bidding £2M for him, Rafa has effectively done swapsies:

"European Cup Winner" Josemi ... for
"Screams like a girlie" Kromkamp . for
"Our hard ba$tard*" Neill"

I think that the above illustrates perfectly what Rafa was on about when he said (and I paraphrase) "we cannot pi$$ money up the wall like those Chav tw@ts, so we have to be a bit clever"

Good chap.

*Part of an ongoing series. Collectors will need to buy Bellamy, Sissoko, Paletta and many more.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:45 am

It's an eye-opener, that's for sure. Certainly seems to indicate that Kromkamp's on his way.
ivor_the_injun

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:49 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
lawrenson_sarah wrote:Dirty player like

Congratulations on your 500th post Sarah, maybe you would like to go out for a drink and celebrate ? How about Friday night ?

Haha

Didnt even notice aswel  :love:
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:10 pm

What you've got to look at imo is , is he an improvement on Finnan . The answer is maybe , but we'll have to wait and see.

Is he an improvement on Kronkamp or Josemi before him. The answer to that is a most definate yes imo. So he will provide good cover if he doesn't push Finnan for a starting place. Which i think he will.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:11 pm

Radio City now reporting that we've 'WON THE RACE ???  TO SIGN HIM AND AN ANNOUNCEMENT IS TO BE MADE EITHER THIS AFTERNOON OR TOMORROW'.

Rafa certainly seems to be going for the Dirty Dozen Approach this season :laugh: .
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:26 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:What you've got to look at imo is , is he an improvement on Finnan . The answer is maybe , but we'll have to wait and see.

Is he an improvement on Kronkamp or Josemi before him. The answer to that is a most definate yes imo. So he will provide good cover if he doesn't push Finnan for a starting place. Which i think he will.

I cant see him being an improvement on Finnan, it just isn't possible.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:08 pm

Breaking news on SSN:

The offer has been rejected
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mattylfc » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:20 pm

Skysports.com exclusively revealed The Reds had made an offer for the Australian, but Rovers have rebuffed their opening salvo.

Rovers are keen to hang onto one of their prized assets ahead of the transfer deadline on Thursday.

Neill has less than 12 months remaining on his current deal and Rovers are prepared to let him serve out his current deal.

However, Liverpool are hoping they can persuade Rovers to sell.

The Reds are unlikely to give up at this stage and talks are believed to be ongoing, although it remains to be seen whether a deal can be struck before Thursday's transfer deadline.
mattylfc

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:24 pm

Rafa's sure going to a lot of trouble to make sure we get out of Ewood Park alive this season.  Buying up all of their thuggish players is a bit unorthodox but I suppose it if they're on our bench they can't break our legs. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:32 pm

puroresu wrote:Sorin is available from Villarreal.  His cheap as well.  Far better option than Neil

I take it you have never heard of this old saying 'Money doesn't grow on trees'. He might well be a 'better option' but I'd imagine he'll cost us an arm and a leg, so I'd take Niell.
48-1119859832

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill