Liverpool sign chamakh - For £12 million signing on fee

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Fauxy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:10 pm

Liverpool agree £25million transfer deal for Chamakh

Marouane Chamakh has agreed to join Liverpool in a £25million deal the club hope will signal their transfer intent.

The highly rated striker is wanted by Arsenal, Juventus, Inter Milan and West Ham, but the Reds have stolen a march by offering a big money pre-contract agreement they expect the player to sign before the end of the month.

Bordeaux striker Chamakh is out of contract at the end of the season, and he signaled his intent to wait for a move until the summer, when he can command a massive signing on fee, in the absence of a transfer fee.

after intensive negotiations at the weekend with the player, Liverpool believe they have a deal and are prepared to use the money they will raise through sales during the current window to pledge to the 26 year old.

It could cost them as much as a £12million signing on fee, and a contract in the region of £60,000 a week.

[url=http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-agree-25million-transfer-deal-for-Arsenal-and-West-Ham-target-Marouane-Chamakh-a
rticle285677.html]Link[/url]
Fauxy

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:11 pm

Errr....Mods - delete this please.
In technical terms, the rumour is "b0llix" !!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Fauxy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:12 pm

hehe woops  :D
Fauxy

Postby Avi Cohen » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:51 pm

Chamakh? I think I conquered that and Yakutsk the last time I played Risk.
AND HERE COMES AVI COHEN!! OH I SAY - AT THE SAME END HE'S GOT ONE BACK!!!!!!!!!!
Avi Cohen

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:56 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Errr....Mods - delete this please.
In technical terms, the rumour is "b0llix" !!

:nod
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby roberto green » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:08 pm

Messi is lined up next

:D
roberto green

Postby red37 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Moved in here for now.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:23 pm

May as well lock it mate. There is already a Chamakh thread going in here.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:25 pm

Liverpool have agreed a deal to sign highly rated Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh this summer, according to today’s Mirror newspaper.

The Moroccan international is out of contract at the end of the season and reports in the last week suggest Rafa Benitez has been seeking to sign a pre-contract agreement with the 26 year old. The Mirror reports that a deal has been offered which Liverpool expect the player to sign this month.

“He (Chamakh) held a meeting with Liverpool officials last week, and agreed in principle terms that will bring him to England next season, and now the Anfield club is waiting for his signature on a pre-contract deal, which is permitted under the Bosman ruling”, writes David Maddock.

Chamakh has been wanted by Arsenal, who were hoping to sign him in a cut-price deal this Janaury to ease their striking problems, and is described as one of Europe’s hottest talents.

He 6′ 2″ forward made his debut for Morocco in 2003, opting to play for the African nation despite being born and raised in France, similarly to Reds midfielder Nabil El Zhar.

He scored 13 goals in 31 games for Bordeaux last season, and has 15 goals in 52 appearances for his country.

Chamakh recently said he hopes to have his long-term future determined before the end of the month, “I’d like my situation fixed quickly, both for me and the club. If I’m not staying I want the club [Bordeaux] to have time to replace me.”

“Whatever happens, by the end of January I’ll give my answer.”

With Rafa Benitez not expected to sign any player other than Maxi Rodriguez this month, it has been reported the manager is concentrating on improving his squad this summer instead. Any deal for Chamakh would be a huge boost and perhaps show an intent to change the playing style, with a front two of Chamakh and Torres looking very exciting.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:50 am

looks like the mirror got it spot on   :kungfu: 

Chamakh - I want to join Arsenal

Marouane Chamakh has revealed that he wants to move to England this summer when he becomes a free agent, and has stated Arsenal are the club he wants to sign for.

A host of teams have been chasing the highly-rated Moroccan international, who is out-of-contract at Bordeaux in the summer, but he has now revealed he wants to sign for The Gunners.

Arsenal tried to sign the 26-year-old last summer but could not agree terms, but Arsene Wenger has retained his interest.

However, in recent times Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea, Everton and Sunderland have all made contact with Chamakh's representatives - as he is now free to talk terms with any interested clubs.

Inter Milan, Juventus and Sevilla have also been in touch, but Chamakh has now confirmed that he wants to move to the Emirates.

"My future? Well, I hold all the cards, I have no reason to be under pressure but everyday passing by, I am a little less a Bordeaux player," he revealed.

"My choice is to join Premier League and if I could choose, I will go to Arsenal.

"Bordeaux has brought me so much. I will soon clearly state things so the club can prepare to find my replacement peacefully."

Camakh is full of praise for Bordeaux boss Laurent Blanc.

"Laurent Blanc has brought us a winning state of mind, he has taught us how to hate defeat," he told L'Equipe.

"Both on mental and physical levels, I am at my best. Three years ago, I was still a little crazy. Now I can manage my efforts, which allows me to be more clear-sighted at the end of the match.

"I have improved, but I can still improve. I am not only happy to play anymore. I have become someone who wants to win. I am more a scorer, but not enough yet. There are too many situations where I still do a pass for a player in a better position."

Sly sports link
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leep33 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:07 pm

If he dosen't want to come to us then thats up to him, hopefully the other guy will sign and maybe we will get some funds in the summer to secure a target man.
leep33

Postby Waldo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:22 pm

Of the two (Chamhakh and Jovanic) I would rather get the Serbian player.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby leep33 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:14 pm

Apparently the Chamach deal isn't dead although i don't know how happy i would be to sign someone who wanted to play for Arsenal above us.
leep33

Postby Waldo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:27 pm

The guy got a glowing report following Bordeaux's Champs League tie. Sounds like he's got all the attibutes to be a top EPL player. I hope we sign him on the basis of what I heard last night.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:21 am

Chamakh this Chamakh that. I wish he would stop whoring himself around with the fact he is out of contract soon and just fecking sign for someone. I hope he turns out to be a flop if he doens't come to us. :laugh:
Last edited by tubby on Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to The Rumour Mill