Chamakh

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:52 am

LFC2007 wrote:Guff, blah, guff, guff, blah.

Blah, blah, guff.

Oh yes I agree...

Blah, blah, guff, guff, blah?

Jolly good.

:laugh:

I think I understand your sentiments
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:14 pm

anti-hero wrote:chamakh isnt really a proficient striker tho.

50 goals in 204 games? he's no torres but honestly, we're looking at a ligue 1 player with a goals to game ratio of 0.24 or something to be the back up striker to torres. ???

but then again, we dont really know what rafa is thinking about half of the time anyways. maybe he's bringing him in with the view to revert us to a more traditional formation with two strikers (eggnog and chamakh) when playing games in which he has to rest fernando.

Proficient or Prolific ??  :blush:
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:01 pm

There are reports in the media that Chamakh is going to reveal his destination choice before the end of the month, looks like it could be Liverpool or Arsenal for him - personally I dont think he would be prolific in the Premier League so hopefully he will not be arriving at Anfield at the end of the season.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:16 am

OOOOOOEEEEEERRRRR missus.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Li ... 85677.html

Marouane Chamakh has agreed to join Liverpool in a £25million deal the club hope will signal their transfer intent.

The highly rated striker is wanted by Arsenal, Juventus, Inter Milan and West Ham, but the Reds have stolen a march by offering a big money pre-contract agreement they expect the player to sign before the end of the month.

Bordeaux striker Chamakh is out of contract at the end of the season, and he signaled his intent to wait for a move until the summer, when he can command a massive signing on fee, in the absence of a transfer fee.

That has put off Arsenal, who were hoping to tempt the Morocco international to come to north London during the current transfer window, by paying a small fee to his French club.

But after intensive negotiations at the weekend with the player, Liverpool believe they have a deal and are prepared to use the money they will raise through sales during the current window to pledge to the 26 year old.

It could cost them as much as a £12million signing on fee, and a contract in the region of £60,000 a week, which would amount to a massive outlay approaching £25million over the course of a five year deal.

But the player is one of the hottest strikers in Europe, and the Anfield club's hierarchy see his capture as a signal of intent to go for the best young players to build for the future.

There has been growing unrest amongst the fans at the lack of activity in the current transfer window, and there have been protests complaining that money is instead being diverted towards debt reduction.

But senior officials at the club, along with manager Rafa Benitez, point to a policy of now going for top young players instead of 'buying around the edges' of the transfer market - a high risk strategy that has not worked at Anfield over the past few seasons.

Manager Benitez has traded incessantly in the hope of finding talent without paying inflated prices, but it has seen a huge turnover of players, with little success. He has now signed almost 100 players since he arrived at the club, but his most successful buys have been the established stars he spent big money on.

The Anfield boardroom therefore, has resisted the temptation to bring in squad players this January, and instead have committed the money raised from the sale of Andrea Dossena, Andreiy Voronin, and possibly Philipp Degen and Ryan Babel, to the capture of Chamakh.

He held a meeting with Liverpool officials last week, and agreed in principle terms that will bring him to England next season, and now the Anfield club is waiting for his signature on a pre-contract deal, which is permitted under the Bosman ruling.

There is still a chance for Arsenal to steal in and offer similar terms, but even though manager Arsene Wenger has long pursued the striker, he has insisted he will not pay the sort of money Liverpool are prepared to go to.

Dossena and Voronin have already left, bringing in around £5million so far, and Babel is the subject of a £9million bid from Birmingham. He could still be sold, allowing Liverpool to finance the Chamakh deal.

Owner Tom Hicks has stated that there will be further buys in the summer, describing it as a "big window", and officials at the club have made clear summer buys will be on top of the Chamakh deal, which they regard as the big move of the January window.

They hope that will diffuse the criticism, with Liverpool effectively spending more than their big four rivals, and even Manchester City, in the current window, as they attempt to plan for the future.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:33 am

:D  the article's been pulled.

25 million for Chamakh.

get real. :D  sport journalism can be on par with the paparazzi sometimes.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:22 am

never seen much of Marouane Chamakh  but i hope he is good as according to reports he is coming to liverpool...

we will just wait and see,   25 million bulls  you have to be joking dont ya...   ???   

i we birdy told me we could be spending a bit come the summer...  :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:27 am

Igor Zidane wrote:OOOOOOEEEEEERRRRR missus.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Li ... 85677.html

Marouane Chamakh has agreed to join Liverpool in a £25million deal the club hope will signal their transfer intent.

Read that on BBC gossip pages, two rather contrary stories suggesting we'll either pay £25m now or nothing in the summer. Personally I'd go with the latter option, we can't afford a £25m gamble, and it is a gamble when you buy a striker from a league like Holland or in this case the French league.

Our record for paying big for strikers is not great :

£21m Torres - massive hit, helped he played in a big league in La Liga

£20.3m Keane - massive flop, you don't sell a £20.3m striker inside six months and call him anything else. Was 28 when we signed him, had all the makings of a bad move

£14m Cisse - 90 goals in 166 appearances for Auxerre, didn't cut it in England. Had a slightly better time on loan at Sunderland with 11 goals in 38 appearances.

£11.5m Babel - never really used as a striker with any consistency whatsoever, but didn't we buy him as one?!? We get more out of N'Gog who cost £10m LESS

£10m Kuyt - 83 goals in 122 appearances for Feyenoord, he's regularly reached double figures at Liverpool but has been pushed out wide since early 2008 (according to wiki) Still a very important player, but not even used as a striker anymore

£7m Crouch - some fans love him, others hate him. He has a modest scoring record, mostly scoring against weaker sides, gives away too many fouls yet goes for a lot of money. This season he's scored against donkey rovers, brum, PNE (x3), Belarus (x2), Wigan and Blackburn (x2)

£6.3m Morientes - just shy of his 29th birthday we signed Morientes, had a reasonable record at Real Madrid and all his other clubs, but 12 goals in 60 games for Liverpool says it all.

£6m Bellamy - 9 goals in 41 apps for us, some think he would do better if we got him back from Citeh. He's never been that consistent a scorer, his purple patch at rovers saw us buy him, but he scores at about a goal every three games over his career including 90 odd games in the Championship - even then he wasn't prolific

Do we really want to pay £25m for a player we could get on a free in the summer? And one whose record is 55 goals in 232 appearances. And in light of the fact that four of our five £10m+ strikers were far from raging successes? (Keane, Cisse, Babel and Kuyt) That's not a great rate of success, even if you exclude Cisse that makes Rafa's success rate on £10m+ strikers 1 in 4.

That said, if you break his record down he seems to be "maturing" into a relatively regular scorer, 22 goals in 42 apps last season and 7 in 14 this. Drogba scored only 14 goals in 71 apps for Le Mans, 24 in 50 at Guingamp before his 32 in 55 apps for Marseille in ONE SEASON saw Chelsea snap him up. I'd still be reluctant to be paying big fees for players when our squad is so patchy, too many eggs in one basket is not clever, trying to match Chelsea, the mancs and Citeh for spending when we can't afford to buy more than one or two big fee signings at a time.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:20 am

i didnt read the original story... but the updated one  is:

Liverpool agree £25million transfer deal for Chamakh

The highly rated striker is wanted by Arsenal, Juventus, Inter Milan and West Ham, but the Reds have stolen a march by offering a big money pre-contract agreement they expect the player to sign before the end of the month.

Bordeaux striker Chamakh is out of contract at the end of the season, and he signaled his intent to wait for a move until the summer, when he can command a massive signing on fee, in the absence of a transfer fee.

That has put off Arsenal, who were hoping to tempt the Morocco international to come to north London during the current transfer window, by paying a small fee to his French club.

But after intensive negotiations at the weekend with the player, Liverpool believe they have a deal and are prepared to use the money they will raise through sales during the current window to pledge to the 26 year old.

It could cost them as much as a £12million signing on fee, and a contract in the region of £60,000 a week, which would amount to a massive outlay approaching £25million over the course of a five year deal

---------

so that is where the £25M figure comes from. A signing on fee of £12M, plus wages - It doesn't matter if we sign him now or in the summer - i still think he gets a signing on fee as there's no transfer fee.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:25 am

Doesnt matter because this story is a load of PR sh!te, to deflect the attention from that email.
And make half of our fan base think that Hicks is boss.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Festy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:50 am

£25million ?

We don't even have £25 atm. :D
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby Red H » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:52 am

As a glass half empty sort of way of looking at this, could this signing be a way of opening up a mega bucks mover for Torres.  I hope not but you never know.  Is he a similar player to Torres ?

Obviously I hope we have both players, maybe this season has just got to me a bit.
Red H

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:14 pm

Liverpool FC deny signing Marouane Chamakh in £25m deal
Jan 13 2010 Dominic King

Liverpool today rubbished suggestions they have signed Marouane Chamakh in a £25m deal.

It is no secret the Reds are in the race to sign the 26-year-old striker from Bordeaux, along with several other clubs but they are still waiting to hear whether their bid to land him has been successful.

Chamakh is available on a Bosman in June and has indicated that he will make a decision on his future by the end of the current transfer window.

But Liverpool have not tried to steal a march on their rivals by offering him a £12m signing on fee or a contract reported to be worth more than £60,000 a week.

That would equate to a deal worth more than £100,000 per week for a player who is currently earns around a tenth of that figure in Ligue 1.

Liverpool are intent exercising prudence and are simply interested in individuals who are want enhance their medal collection rather swelling their bank balance

Knew it was a load of sh.ite
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:29 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Liverpool FC deny signing Marouane Chamakh in £25m deal
Jan 13 2010 Dominic King

Liverpool today rubbished suggestions they have signed Marouane Chamakh in a £25m deal.

It is no secret the Reds are in the race to sign the 26-year-old striker from Bordeaux, along with several other clubs but they are still waiting to hear whether their bid to land him has been successful.

Chamakh is available on a Bosman in June and has indicated that he will make a decision on his future by the end of the current transfer window.

But Liverpool have not tried to steal a march on their rivals by offering him a £12m signing on fee or a contract reported to be worth more than £60,000 a week.

That would equate to a deal worth more than £100,000 per week for a player who is currently earns around a tenth of that figure in Ligue 1.

Liverpool are intent exercising prudence and are simply interested in individuals who are want enhance their medal collection rather swelling their bank balance

Knew it was a load of sh.ite

Who's Dominic King and is he a trustworthy source Nan ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby mkingdom » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:32 pm

Villa would be a possibility if and when Barca pay us £35m for Masch.  I don't want to lose him, but if they came in he would go.
mkingdom

Postby made in UK » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:07 pm

mkingdom wrote:Villa would be a possibility if and when Barca pay us £35m for Masch.  I don't want to lose him, but if they came in he would go.

I don't think he will.

Mascha is staying for a while I reckon (just a hunch).
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill