Chamakh

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby metalhead » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:29 pm

Just been hearing alot of rumors today that we are in for Maourane Chamakh fella of Bourdeux, alot is being said that we are fav for his signature.

His contract ends this summer, so we can get him on cheap and he could be a really good backup for Torres.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:31 pm

im sick of the words "really good backup"
why cant we have 2 strikers on the pitch at the same time, and have someone younger like Ngog or Pacheco as back up? 2 quality strikers should be able to provide a bigger threat.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby metalhead » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:32 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:im sick of the words "really good backup"
why cant we have 2 strikers on the pitch at the same time, and have someone younger like Ngog or Pacheco as back up? 2 quality strikers should be able to provide a bigger threat.

um...because the Gerrard-Torres partnership is proving to be vital?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:37 pm

metalhead wrote:

Not this season its not mate.
We have been that poor in midfield that Gerrard and Torres havent contributed as much as they would have.
Added to the fact that they have both suffered from injuries and poor form (before people jump on me case  :D )

I agree that we should be looking at getting 2 strikers on the pitch and putting Stevie back in midfield.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:38 pm

no its not. its a very good combination no doubt but all teams have to do is mark those 2 players out and thats it. our threat is gone. there is no versatility in the way we approach games. by having a strike partner, at least opponents have more players to be worried about.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby aCe' » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:46 pm

yep... we need 2 upfront... Gerrard in the middle or down the flank... its becoming too negative out setup atm and unless we have better quality down the flanks its easy to nullify our threat through the middle by playing narrow...

Dont know much about Chamakh but i think we should be doing all we can to bring in David Villa :cool:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:16 pm

how about 4-3-1-2 with Gerrard behind two strikers?

:p
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:24 pm

He looks a very powerful strong striker with a bit of pace - looks more of the drogba type striker .
Benny The Noon

Postby Waldo » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:39 pm

metalhead wrote:

DOH  :oops:
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Waldo » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:42 pm

aCe' wrote:yep... we need 2 upfront... Gerrard in the middle or down the flank... its becoming too negative out setup atm and unless we have better quality down the flanks its easy to nullify our threat through the middle by playing narrow...

Dont know much about Chamakh but i think we should be doing all we can to bring in David Villa :cool:

Can't agree with you. We are without doubt at our best in the 4-2-3-1 formation with Gerrard free to roam and Torres on his own upfront. Whenever we have tried Torres with a partner you can see Torres's frustration as he has less room and options for runs. 

On the flip side...Maybe we need to find a partner for Torres as, given our limited resources/skills in centre mid, we need to move Stevie G back in there...
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:18 pm

Waldo wrote:
aCe' wrote:yep... we need 2 upfront... Gerrard in the middle or down the flank... its becoming too negative out setup atm and unless we have better quality down the flanks its easy to nullify our threat through the middle by playing narrow...

Can't agree with you. We are without doubt at our best in the 4-2-3-1 formation with Gerrard free to roam and Torres on his own upfront. Whenever we have tried Torres with a partner you can see Torres's frustration as he has less room and options for runs. 

On the flip side...Maybe we need to find a partner for Torres as, given our limited resources/skills in centre mid, we need to move Stevie G back in there...

Well, it aint working now... And even when it was with the 2players in top form, it didnt win us anything..

I think we need 2 upfront next season.. Someone who can actually provide a different option upfront and im not talking about a big target man.. Villa can not only score (scored 50 goals with club and country last season), he also brings midfielders and wingers into play better than anyone else i've seen in recent times... He'll provide the goals and score them and i have no doubt that having him and Torres upfront with Gerrard playing deeper, we'd score more than we would with the torres-gerrard partnership we have atm...

Another point to consider is the balance of the side... With Aquilani still not proving that he can control the middle of the park, we could very well find ourselves in a situation where we need to either buy a midfield playmaker, or push gerrard back to a midfield spot (either middle or down the side) to pick up the ball from deeper...

Given the fact that we have ZERO players capable of carrying the ball from deeper areas to advanced positions, theres an added pressure on players like Torres, Kuyt and Riera of doing something with the ball when they get it higher up.. As things stand, Torres is the only one who seems up for the challenge..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:25 pm

Guff, blah, guff, guff, blah.

Blah, blah, guff.

Oh yes I agree...

Blah, blah, guff, guff, blah?

Jolly good.
LFC2007

Postby metalhead » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:40 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Guff, blah, guff, guff, blah.

Blah, blah, guff.

Oh yes I agree...

Blah, blah, guff, guff, blah?

Jolly good.

rant rant rant raaant

I disagree

:angry:  :no
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:03 pm

chamakh isnt really a proficient striker tho.

50 goals in 204 games? he's no torres but honestly, we're looking at a ligue 1 player with a goals to game ratio of 0.24 or something to be the back up striker to torres. ???

but then again, we dont really know what rafa is thinking about half of the time anyways. maybe he's bringing him in with the view to revert us to a more traditional formation with two strikers (eggnog and chamakh) when playing games in which he has to rest fernando.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Masch79 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:23 pm

Waldo wrote:

I think David Villa is just dream land - we could never afford him as long as the tw.at$ are here but I do think we should look at playing 2 strikers. Nando doesn't look naffed off when he plays 2 up for Spain and what half decent striker is gonna sign for us if they know we only play 1 up (and he's the best in the world?)
Masch79

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill