Deadline Day - What Surprises Will It Bring?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby fivecups » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:24 pm

F'ucking players have too much f'ucking power - they hold all the aces. Lucas and Babel should have been told to get to f'uck, why the hell do they want to stay when we're trying to move them on. Bugger off - your not good enough, you haven't made here and your not going to now, give us a chance to get someone else in!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:35 pm

I suppose it's in keeping with the general theme for this season - mediocrity

Still though Cole and Meireles should do ok but can't help but think we are going to end up short up front. Enough to get back 4th place? It's going to be a stretch.
Last edited by tubby on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:46 pm

bavlondon wrote:I suppose it's in keeping with the general theme for this season - mediocrity

Still though Cole and Meireles should do ok but can't help but think we are going to end up short up front. Enough to get back 4th place? It's going to be a stretch.

Well if we can keep within touch of the top 4 to January, hopefully at long last we will have new owners and we can sign a new striker.
roberto green

Postby rocky29 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:47 pm

bavlondon wrote:I suppose it's in keeping with the general theme for this season - mediocrity

theres more chance of us getting fourth from bottom than fourth from top.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:54 pm

Ciggy wrote:We not only offered Babel for Cole but we threw Lucas in aswell, thats going to go down a treat isnt it  :Oo:  :no

From the Guardian

"Liverpool are believed to have offered Lucas Leiva, the Brazilian midfielder, and Ryan Babel, their Dutch international forward, in exchange for Cole but neither player wanted to leave Anfield for Upton Park. Babel reportedly travelled to London via helicopter in anticipation of a deal only to eventually Tweet that; "I'm going no where. LFC all the way. YNWA!!" as the clubs failed to agree on a valuation for Cole. With PSV Eindhoven's Ola Toivonen priced out of Liverpool's reach, and Bayern Munich refusing to release Mario Gómez even on loan, Hodgson will have to make do with Babel, David Ngog and Dirk Kuyt as cover for Torres until January."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/31/liverpool-carlton-cole

That would of been a dumb move. Those 2 players for Cole is madness.

I dont blame the players for not going west ham.  I wouldnt go there.  They will be lucky to stay up this year.
puroresu

Postby maguskwt » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:33 am

Ciggy wrote:We not only offered Babel for Cole but we threw Lucas in aswell, thats going to go down a treat isnt it  :Oo:  :no

From the Guardian

"Liverpool are believed to have offered Lucas Leiva, the Brazilian midfielder, and Ryan Babel, their Dutch international forward, in exchange for Cole but neither player wanted to leave Anfield for Upton Park. Babel reportedly travelled to London via helicopter in anticipation of a deal only to eventually Tweet that; "I'm going no where. LFC all the way. YNWA!!" as the clubs failed to agree on a valuation for Cole. With PSV Eindhoven's Ola Toivonen priced out of Liverpool's reach, and Bayern Munich refusing to release Mario Gómez even on loan, Hodgson will have to make do with Babel, David Ngog and Dirk Kuyt as cover for Torres until January."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/31/liverpool-carlton-cole

Why didn't Cole throw his tantrum and refuse to play like masch :D. Anyway Cole is worth a straight swap with babel the most. I wonder if babel is intentionally doing this to annoy us, his twittering and all :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:55 am

I'd have had Gudjohnsen on a loan deal, Tuncay for £4m or my main preference and that was Santa Cruz on loan (unlikely some will say, worth a try though). I don't really rate Cole if I'm honest so I wasn't too disappointed we didn't sign him specifically. More the fact that we didn't sign any striker in this window and we've needed one for about two years. It's a ridiculous situation for a club our stature to be in. The thought of relying on Ngog and Babel as our only real alternatives for six months - let alone a whole season - is frightening.
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:50 am

rocky29 wrote:so basically we got rid of the only creative player we had And replaced him wlth no creative defensive midfielders and a dull left back. Wow were gona be full of goals this season.

:laugh:

I was going to reply here but whats the point? I'll just laugh instead !

:laugh:
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aussie Style » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:23 am

Will never understand why it was left to the last day to try and rush through the signing of a striker!? Disapointing transfer period IMO.
Cole and Meireles are obviously top players, Brad Jones is sh.it and IMO so is Konchesky, hope to be proven wrong of course.

We just have to hope that new owners are in before Jan, and pray that Nando doesn't get injured.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby paisleyred » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:00 am

IF Nando gets injured he has ngog,kuyt and pacheco to try up top.
Looks like he is going to play 1 uip front with Joe Cole or Stevie behind the striker.
Roy cant sign whats not there.Every club and their granny is looking for a top striker.
We are lucky enough to have one of the best in the world.
Get a grip and be realistic.We couldt sign a top striker unless we had Man City type money cos thats what they cost!
paisleyred

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:19 am

fivecups wrote:F'ucking players have too much f'ucking power - they hold all the aces. Lucas and Babel should have been told to get to f'uck, why the hell do they want to stay when we're trying to move them on. Bugger off - your not good enough, you haven't made here and your not going to now, give us a chance to get someone else in!

i reckon those 2 players could fetch us more then what Cole alone would cost mate. its very poor business sense by the club to offer them for a player who hardly sets the league alight.

and the kid's name you were looking for is Gerard Garner :) he broke Rooney's goals-per-season record.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Redx » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:07 am

So we didnt set the world alight on the last  day of tranferes.. Oh Well
Redx

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:08 am

It looks like Van der Vart, if the deal is sanctionwesd by the PL is only costing Spurs 8m.  Source Metro Paper!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby fivecups » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:32 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
fivecups wrote:F'ucking players have too much f'ucking power - they hold all the aces. Lucas and Babel should have been told to get to f'uck, why the hell do they want to stay when we're trying to move them on. Bugger off - your not good enough, you haven't made here and your not going to now, give us a chance to get someone else in!

i reckon those 2 players could fetch us more then what Cole alone would cost mate. its very poor business sense by the club to offer them for a player who hardly sets the league alight.

and the kid's name you were looking for is Gerard Garner :) he broke Rooney's goals-per-season record.

He's the one, cheers for that Maypax!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:24 am

LFC2007 wrote:I'd have had Gudjohnsen on a loan deal, Tuncay for £4m or my main preference and that was Santa Cruz on loan (unlikely some will say, worth a try though). I don't really rate Cole if I'm honest so I wasn't too disappointed we didn't sign him specifically. More the fact that we didn't sign any striker in this window and we've needed one for about two years. It's a ridiculous situation for a club our stature to be in. The thought of relying on Ngog and Babel as our only real alternatives for six months - let alone a whole season - is frightening.

Totally agree mate.

Its inexcusable and like i criticised Rafa last season i will do the same with Roy now.
IF or when Torres gets injured for me we are fecked.
Roy might have his hands tied so to speak but he has been able to bring in players.
His failure to bring in a striker is not good enough and for me is his first major mistake.
Fingers crossed any injury Torres gets isnt longterm as if he does get one our season will be a write off.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill