Deadline Day - What Surprises Will It Bring?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby zarababe » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:34 pm

bavlondon wrote:Babel better start playing out of his skin.

How can he when he's so busy 'Twittering' ..  :no
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:39 pm

I'm really glad no Cole and no Gomes ,would rather wait for January then get pi$$ed over poor signings ,again. And they would have been for sure. They are horses big dumb horses the kinda a small team buys in order to steal a header here an there. I guess we could have done better but a new LB and Talent in the MF are a big boost. Need to work on team spirit and energy.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:40 pm

guess in a way it'll force Roy to play the kids like Pacheco and give Babel a run as a striker. im not that disappointed as i didnt get my hopes high. just take it as they come, im sure the current batch of players will be able to cope. im glad we got a LB though i find the Insua loan silly considering there's an option to buy him when he is out of contract anyway next season. i wonder if anyone in the club were aware of that small little loophole when the deal with Gala was made.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:41 pm

only me wrote:I'm really glad no Cole and no Gomes ,would rather wait for January then get pi$$ed over poor signings ,again. And they would have been for sure. They are horses big dumb horses the kinda a small team buys in order to steal a header here an there. I guess we could have done better but a new LB and Talent in the MF are a big boost. Need to work on team spirit and energy.

By jan we could be miles away from cl places - we have to hope torres stays fit all season now .
Benny The Noon

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:43 pm

The big issue is the Masherano mess took so long to resolve, irrespective of who is to blame for that. This meant we had little time to spend the money on a striker.
If he had stayed we wouldn't have been in the market for one anyway.

Still cannot believe there are areas of our team that still need strengthening, and what really winds me up is season after season some deals seem to take an eternity to go through.

We were (are) desperate for a target man to help Torres and some genuine quality on the flanks - somewhere between all that is Mr.Babel. Dear me.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby crim cram » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:44 pm

Is it hope or belief that we'll have money to spend in Jan..  Have to have new owners -  :help
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:45 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:guess in a way it'll force Roy to play the kids like Pacheco and give Babel a run as a striker. im not that disappointed as i didnt get my hopes high. just take it as they come, im sure the current batch of players will be able to cope. im glad we got a LB though i find the Insua loan silly considering there's an option to buy him when he is out of contract anyway next season. i wonder if anyone in the club were aware of that small little loophole when the deal with Gala was made.

The price has probably already been set... kind of like a try before you buy scheme
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby only me » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:49 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
only me wrote:I'm really glad no Cole and no Gomes ,would rather wait for January then get pi$$ed over poor signings ,again. And they would have been for sure. They are horses big dumb horses the kinda a small team buys in order to steal a header here an there. I guess we could have done better but a new LB and Talent in the MF are a big boost. Need to work on team spirit and energy.

By jan we could be miles away from cl places - we have to hope torres stays fit all season now .

Could be but neither Cole nor Gomes would have brought us closer to this target. We have a lot of attacking MF which can go into attacking positions and score ,not only Torres ,Stevie ,Cole ,Jovanovic ,MAxi ,Kuyt and Meireles are all capable of bringing a $hit storm on the opponent now Roy needs to figure it out how to make it happen - simple.  :D
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:51 pm

we had supposed money from the sales of yossi reira etc but spent it on other areas first when a striker was a priority .
Benny The Noon

Postby ethanr » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:54 pm

raul is defensive.  If those are attacking, where's our strong defense?
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:54 pm

only me wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

Could be but neither Cole nor Gomes would have brought us closer to this target. We have a lot of attacking MF which can go into attacking positions and score ,not only Torres ,Stevie ,Cole ,Jovanovic ,MAxi ,Kuyt and Meireles are all capable of bringing a $hit storm on the opponent now Roy needs to figure it out how to make it happen - simple.  :D

Meireles: 272 games, 23 goals.

I won't hold my breath.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Well Red » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:55 pm

I'm more disappointed about the fact we didn't sign Arda Turan tbh. That boy is not going to hang around in Turkey waiting to explode onto the scene and become a £25million+ valued player forever.

Cole would have been a panic buy if we had blown money on him, but Llorente seemed a good option. Oh dear :(
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:59 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
only me wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

Meireles: 272 games, 23 goals.

I won't hold my breath.

Meireles doesn't have to score himself if he can support attacking play ,which neither Mash nor Lucas did or can do ,we have a potentialy enough fire power to last till January.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:12 pm

So we signed nobody, eh ?
Wonderful....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby DrTNT » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:23 pm

Saying im disappointed not to have seen us bring in a new striker this summer is an understatement. I think we have all recognised the fact that we needed a good quality striker for the last two seasons to ease the burden on Torres and act as cover for him. It hasnt happened so now its time for players like Babel, Ngog and Pacheco to step up and show they are good enough to be at the club.
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill