Deadline Day - What Surprises Will It Bring?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:28 pm

The lack of activity across the PL shows the extent of the footy financial crisis.

Its difficult to get upset after 3 years of non-stop farce at Anfield, its par for the course.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:42 pm

crim cram wrote:Is it hope or belief that we'll have money to spend in Jan..  Have to have new owners -  :help

Probably more hope than anything. And if we do we should hope for over 50mil to spend if we have new owners by then. After that the new UEFA rules come into play so we can only spend what we make so we can forget about any big spending sprees.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:14 pm

I have heard on good authority that we have a fantastic 13 year old at the academy. He has scored 63 goals in 10 games for the under 14s and he is set to partner Torres in next game away to Birmingham
Last edited by Dundalk on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:22 pm

mint!

they just keep getting younger these days
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:33 pm

Dundalk wrote:I have heard on good authority that we have a fantastic 13 year old at the academy. He has scored 63 goals in 10 games for the under 14s and he is set to partner Torres in next game away to Birmingham

any youtube video to see what the kid is all about? ???

:wwww
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:10 pm

Oh boy just got in, see no striker was signed.. Sigh
Zidane

Postby Greavesie » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:24 pm

metalhead wrote:
Dundalk wrote:I have heard on good authority that we have a fantastic 13 year old at the academy. He has scored 63 goals in 10 games for the under 14s and he is set to partner Torres in next game away to Birmingham

I'm not even going to dare type that into youtube
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:33 pm

Greavesie wrote:
metalhead wrote:

:D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby dawson99 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:36 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
metalhead wrote:

:D

now THATS funny  :wwww
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:43 pm

Plessis gone to Greece...at least the lads left at the club will have somewhere to go on their holliers in that part of the world...Nemeth, Insua (turkey just a short hop away) etc...
All part of Woy's cunning holiday plans, eh ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby maguskwt » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:30 pm

Well that was it...
only signed Joe Cole and Meireless that will improve the team and sold alot of players...
I'm not sure whether Roy did a good job or not without signing a back-up striker in this transfer window...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:15 pm

We not only offered Babel for Cole but we threw Lucas in aswell, thats going to go down a treat isnt it  :Oo:  :no

From the Guardian

"Liverpool are believed to have offered Lucas Leiva, the Brazilian midfielder, and Ryan Babel, their Dutch international forward, in exchange for Cole but neither player wanted to leave Anfield for Upton Park. Babel reportedly travelled to London via helicopter in anticipation of a deal only to eventually Tweet that; "I'm going no where. LFC all the way. YNWA!!" as the clubs failed to agree on a valuation for Cole. With PSV Eindhoven's Ola Toivonen priced out of Liverpool's reach, and Bayern Munich refusing to release Mario Gómez even on loan, Hodgson will have to make do with Babel, David Ngog and Dirk Kuyt as cover for Torres until January."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/31/liverpool-carlton-cole
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:20 pm

Funny thing is we actually have some wee dude on the books like that. He beat Michael Owens record by scoring more than 100 goals in a single season or something. His names Gerard somebody or something. I'm dead serious, don't know what age he is now, probably about 12!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:20 pm

so basically we got rid of the only creative player we had And replaced him wlth no creative defensive midfielders and a dull left back. Wow were gona be full of goals this season.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:21 pm

Ciggy wrote:We not only offered Babel for Cole but we threw Lucas in aswell, thats going to go down a treat isnt it  :Oo:  :no

From the Guardian

"Liverpool are believed to have offered Lucas Leiva, the Brazilian midfielder, and Ryan Babel, their Dutch international forward, in exchange for Cole but neither player wanted to leave Anfield for Upton Park. Babel reportedly travelled to London via helicopter in anticipation of a deal only to eventually Tweet that; "I'm going no where. LFC all the way. YNWA!!" as the clubs failed to agree on a valuation for Cole. With PSV Eindhoven's Ola Toivonen priced out of Liverpool's reach, and Bayern Munich refusing to release Mario Gómez even on loan, Hodgson will have to make do with Babel, David Ngog and Dirk Kuyt as cover for Torres until January."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/31/liverpool-carlton-cole

Very disappointing day Lynds, don't know why I keep getting my hopes up, but I thought we were well on for a striker today.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill