Dossena ready for a quick exit?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby andy_g » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:55 pm

spend a few million on spare parts for aurelio to keep him fit. looking at his recent form following a run of a few games suggests to me that he can be first choice left back as long as he remains in one piece.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:05 pm

Are we going to bring in a replacement in the Jan window? Players are normally more expenisve then plus he wouldn't be eligble for Europe whoever he is right? I cant see Rafa selling him that quick.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DanAn » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:26 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:If any of this can be believed Rafa must have a replacement in mind!  Who do you fancy? I would think he will only be able to spend what he recoups so maybe 5mill?

I like:

Taye Taiwo -Marseille LB that has been quoted as saying he wants to move to EPL. Linked with Spurs, Portsmouth, Sunderland and Man City, and expected to priced around 6-7m.

City are favourites as they have real problems at LB and money to burn. City are reportedly also looking at Warnock and Bridge.

Taiwo's a powerful fullback who often scores for club and country and was named African young player of the year in 2006.

well get to see him next Champions league game.
DanAn

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:49 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Close the door on your way out lash . I was fully prepared to give you time until the spurs game where you showed no commitment ,no ability and no passion whatsoever . Bye.

Oh, nail on the head there. I was the same, but his past 3 or 4 performances have been riddled with - I wouldn't say schoolboy errors - but a complete lack of concentration and desire. Whenever I used to play football regular, I preferred doing his position as I actually enjoy chasing and closing down, getting in blocks and tackles. I don't get paid grands for it, but I sure as f*ck work harder than this w@nk even if it was a kick about or a Sunday league match. Some of his mistakes I've found myself just laughing at how this guy is even professional, and worse, playing for us.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:03 am

Emerald Red wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Close the door on your way out lash . I was fully prepared to give you time until the spurs game where you showed no commitment ,no ability and no passion whatsoever . Bye.

Oh, nail on the head there. I was the same, but his past 3 or 4 performances have been riddled with - I wouldn't say schoolboy errors - but a complete lack of concentration and desire. Whenever I used to play football regular, I preferred doing his position as I actually enjoy chasing and closing down, getting in blocks and tackles. I don't get paid grands for it, but I sure as f*ck work harder than this w@nk even if it was a kick about or a Sunday league match. Some of his mistakes I've found myself just laughing at how this guy is even professional, and worse, playing for us.

Yup, total flop. Lets just hope more than one Italian side is interested then maybe we could get 4.5-5m back.
Dosent deserve to wear the shirt again.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:17 am

andy_g wrote:spend a few million on spare parts for aurelio to keep him fit. looking at his recent form following a run of a few games suggests to me that he can be first choice left back as long as he remains in one piece.

:D

I've always liked our Fabio.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:09 am

Dossena's performances had been a disappointment... but to be fair was he given enough chances?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:04 am

He was given chances alright....but never once he showed  a performance of classy defending or attacking. Made too many mistakes...school boy defending. clueless.... . Below average.Just  Like Lando, I've always liked our Fabio.
Last edited by red_guy on Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:56 am

red_guy wrote:Below average.Just  Like Lando,

:oh:

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:12 am

maguskwt wrote:Dossena's performances had been a disappointment... but to be fair was he given enough chances?

1/3 of the way into the season, what do you think?  ???

Been wondering if we've signed a player from Serie A, or an Italian from anywhere, who's proved a success. Rush came back from Juventus, but we knew what he could do before he went there.

Any suggestions?

Ian Rush (Juventus, re-signed)
Rigobert Song (Salernitana)
Padelli (Sampdoria, loan?)
Dossena (Udinese)
Ince (Inter Milan)
Hysen (Fiorentina)
Crouch (Pompeii, just kidding and we signed him from Southampton anyway)
Last edited by Owzat on Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:46 am

Angel Di Maria! :;):
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:51 am

He hasnt shined but to write him off before the end of november seems premature.

I guess Rafa and Sammy seeing him in training every day and talking with the lad will have a better idea of whats going on than us fans.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:24 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:If any of this can be believed Rafa must have a replacement in mind!  Who do you fancy? I would think he will only be able to spend what he recoups so maybe 5mill?

Well "the article" mentions Roma being interested, so how about a swap deal for that ginger haired left back of theirs  :p
JamCar05

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:28 pm

Reg wrote:He hasnt shined.

Insight there from Reg  :D
LFC2007

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:18 pm

Nothing mroe than rumour and conjecture at this stage.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill