Paletta for sale - Fleeting mention in the times

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:10 am

Right down at the bottom of a piece on the Torres saga...

"Jerzy Dudek, Boudewijn Zenden and Robbie Fowler have left, along with Mark González and Florent Sinama Pongolle, but Cissé, Bellamy and Gabriel Paletta are for sale, while bids for Scott Carson, Sami Hyypia and possibly Peter Crouch would be considered."

Lord only knows who'd have him, but if true I think it's yet more evidence that Rafa isn't stubborn with a player - he's always looking to try and offload dead wood.

Have to say, he's looked sub-Traore in the few appearances he's made. Thanks and everything, but he hasn't a prayer of making it at the club.
ivor_the_injun

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:13 am

As a sideline, lfc.tv are today reporting on Copa America appearances by Gonzalez, referring to him as "Liverpool winger", so he's clearly still on the books, contrary to what the piece above says.
ivor_the_injun

Postby metalhead » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:51 am

ivor_the_injun wrote:As a sideline, lfc.tv are today reporting on Copa America appearances by Gonzalez, referring to him as "Liverpool winger", so he's clearly still on the books, contrary to what the piece above says.

gonzalez is still a liverpool player, but he might eventually leave in the coming weeks
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:05 pm

I hope he leaves and hop3 we could make a bit of a profit from his sales
Elchris

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:11 pm

Gonzalez is already gone, or may as well be with a pre-contract agreement with Betis already in place. Hyypia and Carson will stay and so will Crouch unless we sign two top strikers. Cisse and Bellamy will go for sure. As for Gabby P., it's a shame that it didn't work out, but he obviously isn't built for the English game where Centre-half standards are very high and defenders have t be very hard. He may be called "The Drill" in Argentina, but this is a country that's produced Crazy Horse, Chopper, and our current crop of top international defenders. Good luck to him if he does go.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:52 pm

It had been reported that the deal for Gonzalez to Betis had fallen through due to them sacking their manager. I'm hoping that this was wrong as it was a bonus to be getting him off the books so quickly and freeing up money from his wages.

As for Paletta it was possibly too early in his career to bring him over to England as he just didn't look ready for the rigours of our league. No doubt in 5 or 6 years he may be ready to give it another go but just not ready yet.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:06 pm

Good on the gaffa, from the three games ive seen the lad play he wasnt ever going to make it with us, that said he did have Dudek behind him. Gonzo is a bit different for me i was going to reserve judgement till this year, i think he will make someone a good player, albeit not us.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cooksie » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:12 pm

No real shock here. Paletta cost £2m, didn't he? What a waste of cash.

Not as much of a waste as Fulham's Steve Marlet though. He cost £12m.
cooksie

Postby Reg » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:00 pm

Who was that Chelsea lad they paid a fortune for and doesnt even train with the first team squad?  Gets out of bed at midday apparantly.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pedro Maradona » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:03 pm

jeez give paletta a break, he is only a young fella, i know he didnt do too well in the games he has played so far but the difference between the first team and the reserves is massive and for any player to make the step up it must be hard especially for a young centre half....
Pedro Maradona

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:43 am

i reckon Gabi shuld be given a chance. he has shown glimpses of potential and he might be abit over-aggresive at times but im sure given time and more games he would make it.
never understood why Sinama never got much chances. he actually is pretty skillful.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Mick-o dywer » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:00 pm

gabby paletta should be given a chance in the first team.........starting him with a reserve team in the league cup means nothing
Mick-o dywer

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:46 pm

Not seen enough of Palletta so can't really comment. Maybe a loan deal to see how he gets on in Spain, France or maybe even the Championship and then take things from there.

I hope we get rid of Gonzo, he's p*sh!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:02 pm

Mick-o dywer wrote:gabby paletta should be given a chance in the first team.........starting him with a reserve team in the league cup means nothing

Noooooooooooooooo, he is diabolical, starting him in the reserves ? He played alongside Hyypia and was woeful, brushed aside by the 10 stone might of Aliadiere.

Sell him or leave him to develop in the reserves, although i wouldnt hold my breath.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:10 pm

The only reason to consider a loan is maybe he will do better in Spain and that could drive his price up to sell him at the end of next year.  His stock cannot be to high right now, and I don't think he will ever be good enough for the 1st team.
JoeTerp

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill