Capello liverpool have been intouch?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:13 am

KOPELLO

England hopeful Capello claims Liverpool are chasing him

By John Cross 05/12/2007

Fabio Capello has been 'tapped up' twice by Liverpool as Rafa Benitez battles to stay in command at Anfield.

Capello claims he was contacted before and after last week's Champions League win over Porto as boss Benitez's relationship with owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks reached crisis point.

That will alarm the FA, who see the out-of-work Italian, 61, as a potential candidate to succeed Steve McClaren as England boss.

Although Benitez has reached a ceasefire in his war of words with his American bosses, they may be pushed into action if the Reds fail to qualify for the Champions League knockout stages. And they will need a ready-made replacement.
Advertisement

Fa chief executive Brian Barwick, who has been canvassing opinion on who to put in charge of England, has heard some heavyweight backing for Capello from ex-England bosses Terry Venables, Graham Taylor and Glenn Hoddle.

And members of the FA hierarchy favour the vastly experienced Italian more than Jose Mourinho.

Former Chelsea boss Mourinho has declared publicly he is interested in the job - but the FA fears he is using it to draw out the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona as he is desperate to get back into club management.

Capello has already said he wants the job, but the FA has yet to contact him or other candidates including Mourinho, Jurgen Klinsmann and Martin O'Neill.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport....0205135
Also in the Mail and the Independent.

I hope to fuck this is more bullshit rumours.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:15 am

It is a load of BS....Capello is using the events at Anfield last week in the hope that the FA panic into giving him the England job before anybody else shows an interest.It's sad that the Mirror have been embroiled in this ridiculous fabrication but as we all know the English media will always play their part in any attempt to undermine Liverpool Football Club.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:23 am

sorry to be a nobby norris, but this is definately for the rumour thread as it is way too ludicrous o be here... nice to see welsh wzard got himself a part time journalism job tho :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:47 am

:censored: :censored:. if the owners r still thinking of sacking rafa in a period wheree we r playing our best football then they r idiots
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:53 am

mungi wrote: :censored: :censored:. if the owners r still thinking of sacking rafa in a period wheree we r playing our best football then they r idiots

dude, when have you EVER heard the owners say they are thinking this? dont worry about all this tabloid bullsh!t dude
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:02 am

I'm absolutely amazed that people think this story is unbelieveable. You pay however many hundred million pounds for a football club, you seriously consider sacking the manager (and nobody will convince me that they didn't seriously consider it) and you don't look at other options ??? particularly given the owners ignorance about the way the football World works, I would have thought the story is almost certainly based on fact.

My own feeling is that Capello will certainly have been considered, but that Mourinho will be their first choice should they pull the trigger on Rafa. I can see angry people reaching for their keyboards right now, but IMHo Rafa is not completely out of the woods yet as far as the owners see it. Failure to win in Marseilles or defeat at Home to Man Utd will make our season look very different to how it looks right now.

If both scenarios came to pass, I would be extremely surprised if they pulled the trigger, but much, much stranger things have happened.

I've been saying for a while now, that if we  get positive results over the next couple of weeks Mourinho will become England manager. If the sh!te hits the fan with us, Capello will become England manager. It would be a grave mistake for people to overestimate the Americans grasp of what is the right thing to do IMHO. My guess is they won't have forgotten Rafa's ill-advised outbursts, and they wouldn't hesitate to get rid if they consider it right.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:32 am

Lets get 1 thing perfectly clear, IF Rafa was to be let go, which would be a disgrace and something Im am 100 percent against, I would carry Capello to the Shankley gates rather than have than have Mourinho anywhere near Anfield
burjennio

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:46 am

Oh FFS the Ities are reporting it now. :glare:

http://www.lastampa.it/sport....ata.asp
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:48 am

bigmick wrote:I'm absolutely amazed that people think this story is unbelieveable. You pay however many hundred million pounds for a football club, you seriously consider sacking the manager (and nobody will convince me that they didn't seriously consider it) and you don't look at other options ???

Not even the people involved stating publically that it was all a misunderstanding ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:59 am

bigmick wrote:I'm absolutely amazed that people think this story is unbelieveable. You pay however many hundred million pounds for a football club, you seriously consider sacking the manager (and nobody will convince me that they didn't seriously consider it) and you don't look at other options ??? particularly given the owners ignorance about the way the football World works, I would have thought the story is almost certainly based on fact.

My own feeling is that Capello will certainly have been considered, but that Mourinho will be their first choice should they pull the trigger on Rafa. I can see angry people reaching for their keyboards right now, but IMHo Rafa is not completely out of the woods yet as far as the owners see it. Failure to win in Marseilles or defeat at Home to Man Utd will make our season look very different to how it looks right now.

If both scenarios came to pass, I would be extremely surprised if they pulled the trigger, but much, much stranger things have happened.

I've been saying for a while now, that if we  get positive results over the next couple of weeks Mourinho will become England manager. If the sh!te hits the fan with us, Capello will become England manager. It would be a grave mistake for people to overestimate the Americans grasp of what is the right thing to do IMHO. My guess is they won't have forgotten Rafa's ill-advised outbursts, and they wouldn't hesitate to get rid if they consider it right.

Mick i will go along with the fact that our owners might have and might still be considering other options after rafa's public outbursts. But i refuse to believe they would actually approach them before hand, they would surely have seen the mess that it put Spurs in and realised it could of seriously jeopardised results in the last few key games.

I for one think like supersub its Capello using our problems to put himself in the box seat to get the England job that he last week put himself forward for, and that since then all the talk has been about Jose Mourinho.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:01 am

If they where thinking of sacking Rafa then surely they would have had a few replacements insight there is not many world class managers around who are out of a job at the moment.

If people dont believe these stories then the march and the banners last week where unecassary.
But people do believe it these stories are not just plucked out of thin air clearly something has gone on, and Jonnymac off RAOTL is convinced the Yanks want Rafa out asap even if we win the league or another CL he is gone.
Also the wolf in sheeps clothing Parry might be the thrid party involved of saving his own @rse.

From someone off RAOTL

met one of the directors after the match on Wednesday who was once a business partner of
my dad. Anyway this director told him that the
misunderstanding was down to Rick Parry. Apparently Rafa
was instructed to conduct his transfer activities through
Rick Parry, then Parry would inform the owners then get
the ball rolling after he'd had the ok.

So, as instructed, Rafa told Parry he wanted to bring in
three players next year, one free, one cheap and one on a
Bosman. He also planned to sell one player for a fee
greater than the player he wanted to sign so the club
would have actually made money.

Here is where the problem occurred.....Parry failed to
inform the Americans of Rafa's plans.

Anyway Rafa waited and waited but obviously never got a
response from the owners so he phoned them just before
that infamous press conference last week. The Yanks told
Rafa to do one and conduct his activities through Parry
and in the meantime concentrate on coaching his own
players (hence the repetitive statements at the press
conference).

Rafa wore that tracky at Newcastle
as a final dig at the owners,

then handed his resignation
to Parry on Sunday.

Realising what he had done wrong,
Parry confessed to Benitez that he had failed to inform
the owners, and Benitez immidiately withdrew his
resignation. The level of comparitive peace now at
Anfield is due to Parry informing the Americans that the
misunderstanding was all down to him. The owners are
still said to be seething at how Rafa handled it in
public but accept that it was down to Parry's ineptitude

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:11 am

:sleep

Not worried. Yet another press story.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:12 am

Parry out!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:13 am

If Parry, Hicks and George all want rid of Rafa then he is basicly fucked and so are Liverpool.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ste123lfc » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:13 am

Ciggy wrote:If they where thinking of sacking Rafa then surely they would have had a few replacements insight there is not many world class managers around who are out of a job at the moment.

If people dont believe these stories then the march and the banners last week where unecassary.
But people do believe it these stories are not just plucked out of thin air clearly something has gone on, and Jonnymac off RAOTL is convinced the Yanks want Rafa out asap even if we win the league or another CL he is gone.
Also the wolf in sheeps clothing Parry might be the thrid party involved of saving his own @rse.

From someone off RAOTL

met one of the directors after the match on Wednesday who was once a business partner of
my dad. Anyway this director told him that the
misunderstanding was down to Rick Parry. Apparently Rafa
was instructed to conduct his transfer activities through
Rick Parry, then Parry would inform the owners then get
the ball rolling after he'd had the ok.

So, as instructed, Rafa told Parry he wanted to bring in
three players next year, one free, one cheap and one on a
Bosman. He also planned to sell one player for a fee
greater than the player he wanted to sign so the club
would have actually made money.

Here is where the problem occurred.....Parry failed to
inform the Americans of Rafa's plans.

Anyway Rafa waited and waited but obviously never got a
response from the owners so he phoned them just before
that infamous press conference last week. The Yanks told
Rafa to do one and conduct his activities through Parry
and in the meantime concentrate on coaching his own
players (hence the repetitive statements at the press
conference).

Rafa wore that tracky at Newcastle
as a final dig at the owners,

then handed his resignation
to Parry on Sunday.

Realising what he had done wrong,
Parry confessed to Benitez that he had failed to inform
the owners, and Benitez immidiately withdrew his
resignation. The level of comparitive peace now at
Anfield is due to Parry informing the Americans that the
misunderstanding was all down to him. The owners are
still said to be seething at how Rafa handled it in
public but accept that it was down to Parry's ineptitude

Funny how all the :censored: ups at Liverpool come down to one man. With all the bollox with the champions league final ticket allocation and the fact that he nearly let Gerrard go a couple of years ago, its about time he did the right thing and fucked off
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill