Aaron lennon - More than good enough

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Elchris » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:12 pm

I said it before , and i'll say it again.... he's too injury prone
he's fast too fast to be exact , that his one of his main attributes that makes him standout then the others but with the injuries he's having he's sure going to slow down , and look ordinary
he's like pennant on drugs ,  i would rather go for bentley

well that's what i think...sorry
but if he do sign i wish him well and he will have my full support :D :p
Elchris

Postby Kopboyau » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:15 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:He is decent but would cost far too much, Spurs would try and hold us to ransom.

I actually think he is a bit limited as a player as well to be honest, very very quick but not the best end product and not the best goals return.
He is young and will probably improve in both but not for the money Spurs would want.....thats if they would even consider selling btw.

Just do a cash plus exchange for Dribble Cisse
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:23 pm

By the looks of what you comment, he seems more a winger role wing man than a midfielder role wing man.

If he's expensive, not world class, and he wouldn't improve that much what Pennant provides as a winger, I wouldn't consider him a priority.

For me, Pennant is one of the best in England. And that means that  he'd be also good enough for the position anywhere in the world. If he hasn't made it to the national squad, he should be on the fringe line at the least. In any case, his trajectory seems to be ascending in this club and I'd give him some continuity.

What we need IMHO is somebody who can play as a midfielder on the left, and the right. Pennant can do the winger role, we need someone like Arteta, who can play in the right wing (Allowing Gerrard to play his natural position once and for all) with a not so "stuck to the lime line" winger role. Putting early crosses, and giving consistency to the wing.

Who would you see able to play the right midfielder role (not winger role) in the Premiership ? I don't know well the league and I'd appreciate your comments. (Benayoun doesn't count, the ex Racing player is not good enough IMHO)
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:28 pm

I would have quresma over him looks a better player for me and would cost about the same.
grayghost

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:30 pm

Sabre wrote:What we need IMHO is somebody who can play as a midfielder on the left, and the right. Pennant can do the winger role, we need someone like Arteta, who can play in the right wing (Allowing Gerrard to play his natural position once and for all) with a not so "stuck to the lime line" winger role. Putting early crosses, and giving consistency to the wing.

Who would you see able to play the right midfielder role (not winger role) in the Premiership ? I don't know well the league and I'd appreciate your comments. (Benayoun doesn't count, the ex Racing player is not good enough IMHO)

It's a difficult on Sabre.

Personally I think David Bentley is a viable option. He's already on the verge of the England sauqd (certainly ahaead of Pennant anyway), and can play on either flank.

Certainly when he was at Arsenal he was used on the left side (I remember him scoring a brilliant left footed chip against Middlesbrough one year) but he was never going to get a chance with Pires there. Now he's at Blackburn he's really excelling on the right side of midfield (I wouldn't class him as a traditional winger).

He's English though so he'd cost the earth.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby grayghost » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:41 pm

stmichael wrote:
Sabre wrote:What we need IMHO is somebody who can play as a midfielder on the left, and the right. Pennant can do the winger role, we need someone like Arteta, who can play in the right wing (Allowing Gerrard to play his natural position once and for all) with a not so "stuck to the lime line" winger role. Putting early crosses, and giving consistency to the wing.

It's a difficult on Sabre.

Personally I think David Bentley is a viable option. He's already on the verge of the England sauqd (certainly ahaead of Pennant anyway), and can play on either flank.

Certainly when he was at Arsenal he was used on the left side (I remember him scoring a brilliant left footed chip against Middlesbrough one year) but he was never going to get a chance with Pires there. Now he's at Blackburn he's really excelling on the right side of midfield (I wouldn't class him as a traditional winger).

He's English though so he'd cost the earth.

I think his mate Pederson is better and i can see him comeing to us thats the kind of player Rafa likes hard working with a deadly cross,
grayghost

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Excellent little player, great at running with the ball unlocking defenses etc. but not my personal preference, I'd prefer someone who is more rounded than him.
LFC2007

Postby duk » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:44 pm

Arteta would be a good signing, i no its unlikely but he is alot cheaper than lennon, and a better player

More to the point Pennant is better than Lennon anyway so why bother spending 15 million + and take no steps forward?
duk

Postby Mark AFC » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:46 pm

he's very fast and good on the ball but the kid has no end product. For a winger his crossing is very poor.
Mark AFC

Postby aCe' » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:50 pm

Sabre wrote:If he's expensive, not world class, and he wouldn't improve that much what Pennant provides as a winger, I wouldn't consider him a priority.

spot on... hes a good player but would cost ALOT !
dont think he'd offer much more than pennant does.... if we are however to buy a right winger..i think we can find much better for a similar or even less fee.... tottenham would never sell at a reasonable price despite paying no more than 1mill to get him... hes a great prospect but one full season and hes valued at 20mill or so ?!
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:01 pm

I would have him if we had the chance to sign him and if the fee wasnt to much. He does need a bit of work on his crossing but running with and without the ball IMO he is the quickest player i have ever seen, and that includes Owen,Henry,SWP (n i once saw him chase his own through ball and catch it !!), and his work rate and determination when he loses the ball are top class. The kid is lightning and with a few creases ironed out he could go on to be a great player.

The only stumbling blocks i can see are  if Spurs would sell him and the fee, maybe some sort of deal with Cisse and Kewell could tempt them
destro

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:09 pm

aCe' wrote:but one full season and hes valued at 20mill or so ?!

:no
LFC2007

Postby aCe' » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:00 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
aCe' wrote:but one full season and hes valued at 20mill or so ?!

:no

kiddo u just love replyin to my posts dont you....
get a hobby or even better a girlfriend wont you !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:20 pm

I love seeing what sh!t you are going to come out with next, Lennon valued at 20m, by who?

Who told you that?

Championship manager?

Or is it a valuation by you sat at home with a fat cigar?

Tell me aCe how many times have you seen your "other" favourite team Real Madrid play?

Who would you support if they met us in next year's Champions league final?

Have you ever been to Anfield or the bernabeu?

Are you a season ticket holder, how many games do you see?
LFC2007

Postby aCe' » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:21 am

LFC2007 wrote:I love seeing what sh!t you are going to come out with next, Lennon valued at 20m, by who?

Who told you that?

Championship manager?

Or is it a valuation by you sat at home with a fat cigar?

Tell me aCe how many times have you seen your "other" favourite team Real Madrid play?

Who would you support if they met us in next year's Champions league final?

Have you ever been to Anfield or the bernabeu?

Are you a season ticket holder, how many games do you see?

:;):

some personal Qs there kiddo...

hahhaa... uv become my favourite poster in this forum u know... u amuse me !

and yes...i watched all realmadrid games...and all liverpool games...most of manutds games...most of barcelonas games... many many games this season...all leagues...

but guess u dnt have to watch games to know the players eh ... u seeem to have a pretty solid opinion of all the players discussed in this forum... 

:glare:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill