Why tevez why - Tevez to join mancs

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:53 am

West Ham today threw Carlos Tevez's proposed move to Manchester United into turmoil by insisting there is no agreement in place for him to joining the champions.

Tevez's representatives have been suggesting the Argentina striker's move could be finalised within 24 hours and that he is to have a medical in Venezuela.

However West Ham say the 23-year-old is under contract for a further three years and no transfer can be made without their agreement.

Crucially, the Premier League are likely to back West Ham all the way in their stance.

Hammers chairman Eggert Magnusson said in a statement: "Carlos Tevez is a registered West Ham player, contracted to the club until June 2010.

"There is no agreement with West Ham for Carlos Tevez to leave the club and we expect him to return in time for next season's preparations.

"No decision on his future can be reached without the agreement of West Ham."

Tevez is currently in Venezuela on Copa America duty and played in Argentina's win over Paraguay last night.

The situation is further clouded by the fact United believe he is not under contract to West Ham any more and that they merely had an option to sign him for a further three years.

West Ham are adamant he is still under contract and will be so until 2010.

Tevez's camp had hoped to have set up a deal worth a possible £30million and although there had been close to an agreement with the Red, the Premier League have demanded that any transfer is handled by the Hammers and will block the move unless they are satisfied the transfer fee will go to West Ham.

The league accepted in April that West Ham had terminated all agreements with Tevez's agent Kia Joorabchian - and will keep a watchful eye on any transfer to ensure that the club keep their promise.

A Premier League spokesman said: "As far as we are concerned any deal to take Carlos Tevez away from West Ham has to be done directly with the club."

One possible avenue would be for West Ham to be paid a transfer fee and then agree a compensation figure with Joorabchian for breaching contracts with his company Media Sports Investments (MSI) when they terminated those agreements following their £5.5million fine in April for breaching Premier League rules.

It is understood though that the league would want a substantial chunk of the transfer fee to remain at West Ham rather than it all be handed over to MSI in compensation, otherwise they could be accused of merely covering up the third-party agreements that has caused so much controversy.

Joorabchian responded to Magnusson's statement by confirming he had been given permission by West Ham to hold discussions with other clubs.

He also confirmed that personal terms have been agreed between Tevez and the Barclays Premier League champions.

A statement released to PA Sport from Joorabchian's lawyers said: "The circumstances surrounding Carlos Tevez's relationship with West Ham have been well documented in the media and footballing world.

"We confirm that Carlos Tevez has, with the knowledge and permission of West Ham United Football Club, been in discussions with other clubs.

"Subsequently, personal terms have now been agreed with Manchester United Football Club.

"Carlos Tevez's representatives will work during the course of next week so that a move to Manchester United can be finalised as quickly as possible.

"The process for finalising the player's registration with Manchester United will be undertaken in accordance with appropriate procedures."

For their part, United are eager to distance themselves from any suggestion they have acted incorrectly, either in negotiating with the player or trying to push through a deal with Joorabchian.

United's frustration at getting so close to signing a major star without being able to finalise the transfer is obvious.

Unless a compromise can be brokered, the issue seems to be heading for the courts, to determine once and for all who owns Tevez's registration.

"We have acted in good faith," argued a United spokesman.

"Carlos Tevez was given permission to speak to us and do a deal."
112-1077774096

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:51 pm

Tevez is the doll with kia giving all the words in his mouth. its all just rubbish politics which will get all in trouble,. lots of back hand dealings will be happening here for this deal to happen.

absoltue disgrace by all concerned
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonidas08 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:34 am

doesn't matter who you sign, its how they perform..

A great team is better than a team of champions.
Leonidas08

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:01 am

Leonidas08 wrote:doesn't matter who you sign, its how they perform..

surely a team of champions are champions and are therefore a great team.       ???

i am confused     :D
112-1077774096

Postby Leonidas08 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:00 am

peewee wrote:
Leonidas08 wrote:doesn't matter who you sign, its how they perform..

surely a team of champions are champions and are therefore a great team.       ???

i am confused     :D

i mean, a team that can work together and win is better than a team, who just buys superstars who cant work together... ie: Real Madrid for 4 years...
Leonidas08

Postby kunilson » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:09 am

Thank god West Ham didn't want Mascherano and ripped up his registration then otherwise we'd have had all sorts of problems with him.....

doesn't seem that Rafa went fully for Tevez, his priority was Torres and we have him now.....sure Tevez would have been a great addition but maybe this spanish kid will be alrite :p
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:28 am

I'd have Torres over Tevez. I like Tevez but from what I saw of him at West Ham he is OK, nothing more.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:41 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:I'd have Torres over Tevez. I like Tevez but from what I saw of him at West Ham he is OK, nothing more.

Nothing against Torres but to say Tevez was OK at West Ham shows you musn't have seen much of him. If it wasn't for Tevez they'd never have stayed up- he tracked back, tackled, started attacks and finished attacks. Completely pulled the team up a level and kept them in the premiership (unless they get kicked out for non-footballing reasons).

Tevez is a great player and will make Utd bloody lethal up front as he will fit in well allowing Ronaldo even more time to attack.
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:07 pm

tommycockles wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:I'd have Torres over Tevez. I like Tevez but from what I saw of him at West Ham he is OK, nothing more.

Nothing against Torres but to say Tevez was OK at West Ham shows you musn't have seen much of him. If it wasn't for Tevez they'd never have stayed up- he tracked back, tackled, started attacks and finished attacks. Completely pulled the team up a level and kept them in the premiership (unless they get kicked out for non-footballing reasons).

Tevez is a great player and will make Utd bloody lethal up front as he will fit in well allowing Ronaldo even more time to attack.

I agree....

Tevez is class. If the Mancs do get him upfront, as you say, they'll be lethal in attack.... their achilles heel is probably gonna be in the midfield spine.... Unless both Carrick and Hargreaves gel into an impregnable unit.

Devastating in attack and the opposition would need a strong, quick defence in both the central and wing areas to counteract.

Not many teams out of the top 4 have that and that is why they'll be able to pick up "easy" points against the lesser lights. Hell.... not many teams IN the top 4 have that either.

Tevez is a fabulous player.
Of course, if he does end up with the mancs, I'll hate his guts even though respecting his talent!!

:laugh:  :laugh:  :D
ConnO'var

Postby grayghost » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:32 pm

ConnO'var wrote:
tommycockles wrote:

I agree....

Tevez is class. If the Mancs do get him upfront, as you say, they'll be lethal in attack.... their achilles heel is probably gonna be in the midfield spine.... Unless both Carrick and Hargreaves gel into an impregnable unit.

Devastating in attack and the opposition would need a strong, quick defence in both the central and wing areas to counteract.

Not many teams out of the top 4 have that and that is why they'll be able to pick up "easy" points against the lesser lights. Hell.... not many teams IN the top 4 have that either.

Tevez is a fabulous player.
Of course, if he does end up with the mancs, I'll hate his guts even though respecting his talent!!

:laugh:  :laugh:  :D

I agree with what you have said some people on here have said that he is going for money and not for glory that is just stupid he will get just as much glory at the mancs then he would if he joined us.

The guy is class and will be confirmed as one of the best in the world next season i think we need that 2 more attacking signing to stay in the running.
grayghost

Postby westhamrob » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:16 pm

grayghost wrote:I will be so :censored: off if the Mancs sign Tevez yes we have just captured Torres a great talent for the now and the future.
But in Tevez we could have had a talent as big as Rooney but with that South American flair to go with it. He was defernetly the most wanted player  the Liverpool fans would have liked Rafa to sign. so why have't we.

If the mancs can get him with a 6 mil loan with a option to buy in 2 years shurley we could have as well. If so then i think this is a big opertunity missed.

maybe benitez didnt want the hassle, and didnt want to risk a court case???
westhamrob

Postby grayghost » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:24 pm

westhamrob wrote:
grayghost wrote:I will be so :censored: off if the Mancs sign Tevez yes we have just captured Torres a great talent for the now and the future.
But in Tevez we could have had a talent as big as Rooney but with that South American flair to go with it. He was defernetly the most wanted player  the Liverpool fans would have liked Rafa to sign. so why have't we.

If the mancs can get him with a 6 mil loan with a option to buy in 2 years shurley we could have as well. If so then i think this is a big opertunity missed.

maybe benitez didnt want the hassle, and didnt want to risk a court case???

I think we could have sorted out a deal for him when we got Mascerino we had the contacts then why not put the deal in place then.
grayghost

Postby westhamrob » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:27 pm

because mascherano was unsettled at the club in january, carlos had had settled and wanted to repay the fans for sticking by him.
westhamrob

Postby grayghost » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:36 pm

Am not saying he could have joined us then what am saying is that a deal coud have been put in place for him to come to us after the season had finished it was not as though he was gonna stay.
grayghost

Postby westhamrob » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:41 pm

yeah see what you mean, you never know though, joorabchian is a :censored: so he might just put tevez in any PL team he wants.

feel very sorry for tevez, he hasnt said any of those qoutes (i cant wait to join manure etc) its all been his :censored: of an agent
westhamrob

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion