Tevez

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:32 pm

Tevez thinking of quitting football
November 26, 2010

Carlos Tevez says he will only continue his career in Europe for "three or four years" as he has grown tired of the money swamping professional football.

Tevez often cuts an unhappy figure and 12 months ago said he would consider retiring from professional football if Argentina won the World Cup finals as he wanted to spend more time with his family.

He returned from South Africa to captain Manchester City this season but it appears that football's financial focus, and a lack of respect from young players emerging from the ranks, has once again led the striker to ponder his future in the game.

"I don't want to play anymore," Tevez told TyC Sports. "I'm tired of football, but also tired of people who work in football. I don't want to play anymore, and I'm talking seriously.

"Football is only about money, and I don't like it. There are so many agents with really young footballers ... it's awful, as these young players are not interesting in winning titles, they only want money. The young players think that they have won something in football because they have two cell phones and a house. Today, there are many bad people in the football business, and you have to fight with them all the time. I'm tired of that too.

"Today, the young players have no education at all, and I don't want to listen to them. When I played in Boca, when [Martin] Palermo or [Juan Roman] Riquelme talked, I listened to them. So I don't want a young player to tell me 'why did you do that?' in the dressing-room. I would punch him, as I have won 13 titles in my career.

"I'm going to play football for three or four years in Europe, then I will quit. I would play for Boca again only if my father asks me to do it, but I don't want to play in Argentina again. If you ask me, I would love to have my old life back in my neighbourhood of Fuerte Apache as I don't like my way of life today."

LINK

He probably has a point, any level headed person would probably find being around footballers daily abhorrent, I know I probably would. That said he's moaning about people just doing it for the cash when I'm pretty sure that's all he's doing it for, so a bit hypocritical. One thing is sure though, football is a fucking state at the moment, and as worrying as it is, it's going to get worse and the players will get scummier and care less and less.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:41 pm

Some of the stuff he says is fair enough, but it's a bit rich coming from a guy who is playing for the richest club in the world and is no doubt on astronomical wages.  Come and play for us for free then if money doesn't matter Carlos lad :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:43 pm

Today, the young players have no education at all, and I don't want to listen to them. When I played in Boca, when [Martin] Palermo or [Juan Roman] Riquelme talked, I listened to them. So I don't want a young player to tell me 'why did you do that?' in the dressing-room. I would punch him, as I have won 13 titles in my career.    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:47 pm

Dundalk wrote:Today, the young players have no education at all, and I don't want to listen to them. When I played in Boca, when [Martin] Palermo or [Juan Roman] Riquelme talked, I listened to them. So I don't want a young player to tell me 'why did you do that?' in the dressing-room. I would punch him, as I have won 13 titles in my career.    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh:

Yeah that bit did make me smile I have to say.

'I would punch him' :laugh:  :laugh:  You just wouldn't get a British player coming out with a gem like that these days.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:52 pm

Tevez just went up quite a few notches in my book.
worcester_red

Postby burjennio » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:16 pm

LOL this from a guy who threw loyalty out the window to join Man City from Man Utd after saying he wouldnt move to Liverpool as it would "disrespect the Utd fans" :D

He talking about footballers not wanting to learn yet hes lived in England for 5 years and has learned a word of the f*cking language :D

I personally like Tevez, all the way from watching him and Mascherano playng for Corinthians in the Libertadores before they came to West Ham, back in the glorious unemployed days of 2004 :D  but he is one seriously whiney, hypocritical f*cker
burjennio

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:51 pm

He says it every effing week.

Attention seeker.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:55 pm

Me or Tevez? :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:46 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:He says it every effing week.

Attention seeker.

Big time, and he is a hypocrite

Not you DD.. Tevez :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:54 pm

In all fairness, you can't really say things like this and play for Man City.  He should of joined a club like us with some class.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby therocket147 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:19 pm

Should take a long hard look at himself and realise what a priviliged position he is in
therocket147

Postby Dundalk » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:44 pm

Heard he had handed in a written transfer request and wants to move back to Argentina
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:19 am

Its being reported top story on Sky news, Tevez hands in transfer request. What a tool
burjennio

Postby rocky29 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:46 am

its getting fecking ridiculous this. Seems like a trend to me. Rooney nando mascherano john terry ronaldo. All the top players of each team kicking up a fuss over new contracts or wanting out. They have full power over the club and manager i hope citeh make a stance against the ungreatful little ugly porkypine and make him sit on the bench til end of season.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:18 pm

He is already on megabucks at City so doubt it's money related. Fair enough if he is just homesick and wants to move back though.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion