Raul Meireles - Rent Boy Mark II

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:21 pm

He was good in the world cup but better in Euro 2008. Anyway this is probably a good price too, luckily he was in his last year of contract.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:22 pm

Never heard of him TBPH, and 10 mill is a lot of cash in this day and age. That said, we're well shut of Masherano and we need a replacement so fair play.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:40 pm

Best word to describe him is: Complete

Him and Gerrard together in central mid would be a very well balanced midfield.

For anyone who still has doubts that this signing might not happen, the porto manager has confirmed that he is coming. Link is here if you can speak portugese :D 

http://www.maisfutebol.iol.pt/fcporto....04.html
Fauxy

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:44 pm

OneHotRed wrote:
The_Rock wrote:Going on a limp here...but this is an awesome signing. Saw him play in the world cup (along with a few matches for porto)...and he is  the central midfield dictator that i thought we should have in this team now (in the mould of roy keane).

He is deffo an improvement over the one dimensional and over-rated mascherano.

Dont agree, he is a class midfielder but hes not ahead of mash as he isnt the same sort of player, but the good news is as opposed to signing someone who was worse than mash we have got someone on the equal talent scale in my eyes.

Not a step backwards, but a side step, and a worthy replacement

My bad...what i wanted to say is that he would be a better player for the team than mascherano was. Mascherano is pretty one dimensional....he doesn't score that many goals....doesn't create that many goals. His basic role is destroying the rythm of the opposition players and he is probabily one of the best in the world in that job.

Raúl meireles Raúl meireles offers much more than just being a destroyer. He is a better passer than mascherano. I presume he will score and create much more goals than him. The team will benefit more by having meireles in the team than one-dimensional mascherano.

Mascherano will have a field day in spain cleaning xavi's boots.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:56 pm

apparently we have joined the race for Lasagna Diarra... I mean Lassana Diarra :D

so we're linked with every defensive midfielder nowadays...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:20 pm

maguskwt wrote:apparently we have joined the race for Lasagna Diarra... I mean Lassana Diarra :D

I wouldn't want him.  We need help in too many other parts of the pitch.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby kawaton » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:21 pm

maguskwt wrote:apparently we have joined the race for Lasagna Diarra... I mean Lassana Diarra :D

Liverpool fc tv site was reporting that we were in talks with him over a week ago.  Nothing has come of it so far
Last edited by kawaton on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kawaton

Postby crim cram » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:24 pm

kawaton wrote:

Liverpool fc tv site was reporting that we were in talks with him over a week ago.  Nothing has come of it so far

I would think it would be an either or w/ Meireles unless we're shipping Lucas :eyebrow

I'd take a straight swap Lucas for Diarra :idea
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:06 pm

very good signing. The guy is class and would walk into Man utd, Arsenal or Chelsea's first 11. In fact, Man Utd tried to sign him a while back.

Very pleased with this
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:11 pm

OneHotRed wrote:
akumaface wrote:Great Signing. He played exceptionally well during the WC. But i thought he played left back for portugal during the world cup. Anyway, i remember him flying down the left side up and down and made numerous dangerous run. I thought it was Chelsea who first wanted to sign him after the WC or if it was someone else :D . Anyway, very happy with this and at least we are not stuck with Lucas.

Your thinking of the wrong fella mate, althouygh he was all highlighted up blonde etc Fabio Coentrao, now i would be jizzing in my pants if we had him :)

Coentrao looked like one of the players of the tournament.  If we had a big transfer budget, he would be top of the list no doubt.  He would be one of those players that would lift us into elite status.
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:23 pm

Im at a bit of a loss when people say he isnt as good as Masherano
By what Ive seen of him on you tube he is much better than mascherano who only scored 2 goals in all he games he played for us.
I admit Mascherano was a good player, but arent people going overboard with how fantastic he was?
Thommo's perm

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:30 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:Im at a bit of a loss when people say he isnt as good as Masherano
By what Ive seen of him on you tube he is much better than mascherano who only scored 2 goals in all he games he played for us.
I admit Mascherano was a good player, but arent people going overboard with how fantastic he was?

Youtube ffs :laugh:
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:34 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:Im at a bit of a loss when people say he isnt as good as Masherano

It would take about 15 seconds on youtube to be a better scorer than Masher :D

One thing I'll miss about mash was his ability to protect the back 4 - he covered up a lot of mistakes all the way across the back.  I hope Meireles can protect the back 4 equally as well,  as for the rest of Meireles' game, I just assume it is better than Mash's - he was sh'ite going forward.
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:01 pm

Masher gave us a bit of steel in the middle of the park an was absolutely top drawer at shielding the defence. Whether he was required against the 10 men behind the ball teams can still very much be debated tho

I honestly think Masch will be sorely missed when we play the better teams in England, like City
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby TarnRed » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Nearest thing to Alonso by far and the lkad can mix it up. Should give us the option of pairing himself with Poulsen, Gerrard behind Torres and Cole out wide on either flank.

:p
TarnRed

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion