RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:27 am

On that display not worth £100 never mind £100,000
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:53 am

He needs to be sold, we are not a petro-dollar club and we can't go out and buy a new starting XI every summer. We need to build a team over the course of 2-3 years and he is obviously not the type of character who is prepared to hang around until that team takes shape.
Losing him will be a big blow to our prestige, especially as he will probably go on the cheap, but that's modern football for you.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun May 03, 2015 9:01 am

Another glaring miss against QPR !!! £100k a week my *****  :no
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun May 03, 2015 9:07 am

devaney » Sun May 03, 2015 8:01 am wrote:Another glaring miss against QPR !!! £100k a week my *****  :no

His return on investment is soo poor it's disgusting. He just stopped being of any value this year ,runs and runs into dead allies ,no composure whatsoever in front of goal ,hardly able to complete a significant pass..Really hard to see him play. My main problem is that his value dropped dramatically this last few month and i find it hard to believe we will get a huge amount for him. Spoiled idiot.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun May 03, 2015 9:52 am

He is more valuable if he is sold rather than staying. One of the hardest things to do in football is pretend youre passionate and interested in whats going on. Yes, he makes runs and looks like he is trying, but his constant lack of ability in front of goal, plus blatant sitters like yesterday tell the true story.
Cash in as soon as the seasons over.
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby C-R » Sun May 03, 2015 10:02 am

Thommo's perm » Sun May 03, 2015 8:52 am wrote:He is more valuable if he is sold rather than staying. One of the hardest things to do in football is pretend youre passionate and interested in whats going on. Yes, he makes runs and looks like he is trying, but his constant lack of ability in front of goal, plus blatant sitters like yesterday tell the true story.
Cash in as soon as the seasons over.

I am in complete agreement with your comments, my only concern is those that spend the money not doing it wisely, we can not afford to ***** up again in the transfer window
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun May 03, 2015 4:46 pm

We could buy Barkley with the money?
Thommo's perm

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 03, 2015 8:27 pm

Isn't their some talk floating about that he could buy himself out under that webster ruling ? If he can it will be based on what he earns and that will mean a percentage of his weekly wage of 35 k over the duration of his remaining deal which will = fook all. If he can excercise that he would be in line to pocket some fee involving any transfer away.

Its got something to do with a European ruling where footballers are excluded the freedom of movement between jobs and unlike other professions don't have the option of buying themselves out.  If this were to become the norm then the game will be truly ruined  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun May 03, 2015 9:11 pm

He's got the "best young player in europe" tag, abit like Markovic did before he joined us. Alot of european clubs will pay alot on his reputation alone. Now if these clubs have watched him the last couple of months then none will want him, he's been useless and his head is elsewhere.

Get rid
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue May 12, 2015 8:04 pm

Apparently Phil Thompson says he will leave Liverpool this summer as he wants to play CL football  ???  and in other reports he was seen house hunting in London. Does he not realize that had his form not tailed off since the contract negotiations broke down we would be in the CL. I think he was a disruptive influence and since the contract negotiations the team seemed off.

I say sell him
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue May 12, 2015 8:57 pm

Obviously hes now too big for us and is far better than we think he is.
Sell him and cash in
Thommo's perm

Postby Doeboy » Tue May 12, 2015 9:11 pm

Not too fussed about him anymore.  Believing his own hype and will get found out quickly if he goes to a City, Chelsea etc. Will get shown up fast playing with the Hazard's and Silva's of this world.

Best thing for him is to sign the contract, get his head down and work at his game because he not nearly as good as he thinks he is. Just not got time for anyone who doesn't want to commit and really play for us.
Doeboy

Postby algymoon » Wed May 13, 2015 10:19 am

Sterling is not what a lot people say he is, for one he is not CF, can't not cross, can't not assist, bad finisher, he only has speed a bit of dribbling skill.. he always intend to go into dead end situation and get off loaded of the ball easily.

He is a bad apple in squad and in fact had affected the whole squad.. There are a number of players are unsettled by Sterling saga. He is big headed, obove all he is disloyal to LFC that put him on map. I totall blame the idiot BR for Sterling being so bad, because only for bad managment at special treatment by BR has in fact brought ut to this bad situation with bad public negative news about LFC due to Sterling situation.

If we had a strong manager who knows to deal with situation and not the idiot BR in this case, Sterling would have shut up and got on with his job.  A stroger manager would have dropped him from the first day he refused to sign a new contract, and should never played him until he sign or be sold at high price.

You just wait after the final game at Stoke City, Sterling will hand in his transfer request without any delay.. I would say to the club owner to sell him at once for top money and sack BR for the mess that he had created which he couldn't handel in first place, with Sterling, SG, Mario, and the rest.. More problem will happen with Ibe, and other, Coutinho will be next, unless the owner bring a strong manager to attract new players, otherwise LCF is facing a massive decline, which like Leeds had faced in past, they had top players whom most of them wanted to leave, and look where Leeds are at present time.. all it is down to steady decline due to bad owners and bad managers.. like BR.
algymoon

Postby C-R » Wed May 13, 2015 10:23 am

algymoon » Wed May 13, 2015 9:19 am wrote:Sterling is not what a lot people say he is, for one he is not CF, can't not cross, can't not assist, bad finisher, he only has speed a bit of dribbling skill.. he always intend to go into dead end situation and get off loaded of the ball easily.

He is a bad apple in squad and in fact had affected the whole squad.. There are a number of players are unsettled by Sterling saga. He is big headed, obove all he is disloyal to LFC that put him on map. I totall blame the idiot BR for Sterling being so bad, because only for bad managment at special treatment by BR has in fact brought ut to this bad situation with bad public negative news about LFC due to Sterling situation.

If we had a strong manager who knows to deal with situation and not the idiot BR in this case, Sterling would have shut up and got on with his job.  A stroger manager would have dropped him from the first day he refused to sign a new contract, and should never played him until he sign or be sold at high price.

You just wait after the final game at Stoke City, Sterling will hand in his transfer request without any delay.. I would say to the club owner to sell him at once for top money and sack BR for the mess that he had created which he couldn't handel in first place, with Sterling, SG, Mario, and the rest.. More problem will happen with Ibe, and other, Coutinho will be next, unless the owner bring a strong manager to attract new players, otherwise LCF is facing a massive decline, which like Leeds had faced in past, they had top players whom most of them wanted to leave, and look where Leeds are at present time.. all it is down to steady decline due to bad owners and bad managers.. like BR.

I agree with your post in its entirety, you have hit the nail on the head

I seriously think we need to cash in on him while we can, he is not going to sign a new contract, get him out and get in players that do want to play for us
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed May 13, 2015 12:21 pm

Mirror reporting he is selling his Liverpool home
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion