RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:45 pm

Pay them all 10k a week with a huge win bonus - the only way to see what they are worth lol :)
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby RedAnt » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:14 pm

Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:45 pm wrote:Pay them all 10k a week with a huge win bonus - the only way to see what they are worth lol :)

Hah, I like it. It woulda worked, once upon a time, too.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:39 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:34 pm wrote:The pair of them can go as far as I'm concerned, getting a bit sick of modern football players tbh and their greed. Everyone else has to deal with ridiculous house prices, energy bills, wage freezes, zero hour contracts, swingeing cuts to public services, 9 grand a year tuition fee's, bedroom taxes, food banks, homelessness and everything else austerity brings yet these players who are already paid a kings ransom to play a game just keep on wanting more and more.
£85 000 a week to kick a ball around? Someone with a boss job would have to work 2 years to earn that, to a lot of people working in say the service sector that's over half a decades pay yet these players turn their noses up at the prospect of earning that sum in one week?
I'm no fan of politicians but they do have an important job, £85 000 is more than they earn in a YEAR.

Again your missing the point entirely, its not Hendo or Sterlings fault that they work in a profession with such ludicrous wages. Why should they accept less money than their peers because its more than the average man in the street gets. If you went to work tomorrow and found out that all your colleagues of similar abilty were earning more than you, wouldnt you kick up a stink? ofcourse you would. For us fans its hard for us to fathom turning down 85,000 a week but footballers operate in a completely different world from us, there doing a job and want to be paid what there worth.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:56 pm

Fowler_E7 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:39 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:34 pm wrote:The pair of them can go as far as I'm concerned, getting a bit sick of modern football players tbh and their greed. Everyone else has to deal with ridiculous house prices, energy bills, wage freezes, zero hour contracts, swingeing cuts to public services, 9 grand a year tuition fee's, bedroom taxes, food banks, homelessness and everything else austerity brings yet these players who are already paid a kings ransom to play a game just keep on wanting more and more.
£85 000 a week to kick a ball around? Someone with a boss job would have to work 2 years to earn that, to a lot of people working in say the service sector that's over half a decades pay yet these players turn their noses up at the prospect of earning that sum in one week?
I'm no fan of politicians but they do have an important job, £85 000 is more than they earn in a YEAR.

Again your missing the point entirely, its not Hendo or Sterlings fault that they work in a profession with such ludicrous wages. Why should they accept less money than their peers because its more than the average man in the street gets. If you went to work tomorrow and found out that all your colleagues of similar abilty were earning more than you, wouldnt you kick up a stink? ofcourse you would. For us fans its hard for us to fathom turning down 85,000 a week but footballers operate in a complete diffrent world from us, there doing a job and want to paid what there worth.

Sorry mate I don't buy that at all, they inhabit planet earth like the rest of us and live in the same countries and societies that we do. Whatever way you look at it its greed, pure and simple.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:53 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:56 pm wrote:
Sorry mate I don't buy that at all, they inhabit planet earth like the rest of us and live in the same countries and societies that we do.

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Yakka, If I was footballer on anything North of what Sterling is earning BELIEVE ME MATE I WOULDN'T BE INHABITING PLANET EARTH "LIKE THE REST OF US" 

I'd be in my gated mansion maybe thinking about the wedge I'll earn for kicking a ball about for 90 minutes and looking forward to the next time my employer gives me time off to go and frolic in the Caribbean on full pay.

Of course I could be wrong in questioning your assertion that footballers "live in the same countries and societies that we do" and can only say "With the money they have !    more fool them !!!  :p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby C-R » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:12 pm

Liverpool FC star Raheem Sterling would cost up to £100million to buy, according to Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:20 pm

According to tonight's echo the club have offered him £100 000 a week but Sterling wants £150 000 a week, by the sounds of it Sterlings representatives are using Brendan's words earlier in the season when he called Raheem the best young player in Europe as a lever to get more money.
The club have no intention of budging though.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:09 am

There's a reason shrek gets such a large wage at manure and its because of image rights. I believe its also why gerrard gets what he gets.
I can't blame sterling or his agent because they are looking for a slice of that particular pie seeing as the club baked it.
It would be sad to see the fan's turn on him though citing him for being greedy.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:53 pm

He's not worth £150 000 a week though, not at this stage of his career. He's a good player and a top talent but we are not a petro dollar club or CL regulars, here wages like £150 000 a week should be reserved for players like Gerrard and Suarez who grabbed games by the scruff of the neck week in week out.
Sterling would be better off signing the contract on the table but have a clause initiating a wage review halfway through. If his career is still following the same stellar path then the club can then give him the £150 000 a week or even more.
He only turned 20 in December, £100 000 a WEEK for someone that age is a staggering amount.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:08 pm

Sterling should just sign the deal that has been offered to him on hand for his own good and nobody else's. The problem with young players asking for more money than they deserve is this:

1. Either the club agrees to pay - in which case he becomes one of the marquee players in the team instantly like Gerrard or Suarez. He is now an important player but a huge wage will instantly make him the main player. With a huge wage, comes huge responsibility. Can you complain of being tired and go off to Jamaica? No! Cause you have promised the club that you deserved it so you can't complain. The club will then expect huge things from him. If you don't perform, you won't be given much chance, there will be huge pressure. And with huge pressure and huge expectations it is likely that a young player can buckle easily.

2. The club refuses to pay. The club then have no choice but to sell him to the highest bidder. Who can afford a promising english player like Sterling? Only big clubs. These big clubs will not have the patience that we have. He will be in and out of the first team, if he doesn't show promise, he will rot on the bench. His career will nose dive.

So he should just sign it and in a few years time re-negotiate. Nowadays a contract doesn't mean that you are stuck to the club. Anyone can still come in and buy you, IF, you are good.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:02 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:53 pm wrote:He's not worth £150 000 a week though, not at this stage of his career. He's a good player and a top talent but we are not a petro dollar club or CL regulars, here wages like £150 000 a week should be reserved for players like Gerrard and Suarez who grabbed games by the scruff of the neck week in week out.
Sterling would be better off signing the contract on the table but have a clause initiating a wage review halfway through. If his career is still following the same stellar path then the club can then give him the £150 000 a week or even more.
He only turned 20 in December, £100 000 a WEEK for someone that age is a staggering amount.

Truth is yakka that we are not in the market for players like suarez or gerrard. We are signing kids on relatively low entry level wages and telling them they have to earn the big money. 2 years ago sterling was a kid looking to make a name for himself and now he is one of the biggest names at the club and one of our most marketable assets and this is where the problem lie's imo.

Sterling has already hit 100 first team games which is a milestone and I pointed it out before that he has reached that figure ahead of messi and ronaldo. We have overhyped him, Overplayed him and if we want him to remain then we will have to overpay him  :nod   It really is as simple as that.

We can take the high ground all we want and stand firm but could we afford to really lose raheem and possibly henderson this summer ? You know they wont break the bank for replacements or sign someone looking for a similar figure so it will be the academy or more prospects thus repeating the cycle.

Also didn't pellegrini say to the echo that if city were to get sterling they would have to fork out £100 mil  :nod  130 or 150 k seems reasonable enough to me. It would take me 4 years to earn that but again that's my fault for not being good enough to make it as a professional footballer isn't it.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:14 pm

Sterling and Hendo are only good because they are playing in a system that suits them. They're out of their mind if they think they're good enough to hold the club for ransom. I could probably understand Sterling (to an extent), he's still very young and might make it in another top team but Henderson? The guy would have still be playing in Sunderland if it wasn't for us. Where's he gonna go if we don't pay him anyway? Best he can hope for is someone like West Ham, if he's lucky.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:21 pm

maguskwt » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:08 pm wrote:Sterling should just sign the deal that has been offered to him on hand for his own good and nobody else's. The problem with young players asking for more money than they deserve is this:

1. Either the club agrees to pay - in which case he becomes one of the marquee players in the team instantly like Gerrard or Suarez. He is now an important player but a huge wage will instantly make him the main player. With a huge wage, comes huge responsibility. Can you complain of being tired and go off to Jamaica? No! Cause you have promised the club that you deserved it so you can't complain. The club will then expect huge things from him. If you don't perform, you won't be given much chance, there will be huge pressure. And with huge pressure and huge expectations it is likely that a young player can buckle easily.

2. The club refuses to pay. The club then have no choice but to sell him to the highest bidder. Who can afford a promising english player like Sterling? Only big clubs. These big clubs will not have the patience that we have. He will be in and out of the first team, if he doesn't show promise, he will rot on the bench. His career will nose dive.

So he should just sign it and in a few years time re-negotiate. Nowadays a contract doesn't mean that you are stuck to the club. Anyone can still come in and buy you, IF, you are good.

Suarez is gone and soon followed by gerrard so who does that leave as our marquee players ?. Also that huge pressure and expectation has already being placed on him seeing as he has led the line for us most of the season. Signing a marquee player would also have alleviated pressure on someone so young but we didn't as he was expected to step up.

Did Raheem complain of being tired  :no Thats a far cry from the truth because it was Rodgers who said the decision to give raheem a rest at some stage during the season was taken by him back in august. Plenty on here were boasting about rodgers man management skills after that one if i remember correctly.

You are right though in saying there is no guarantee he will be a success if he moves but should he go to a club like city then maybe it could actually progress the lad by playing alongside star's and alleviating the pressure that's placed upon him here. At a club like that he wouldn't be one of the main players like he is here.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:33 am

red till i die!! » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:21 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:08 pm wrote:Sterling should just sign the deal that has been offered to him on hand for his own good and nobody else's. The problem with young players asking for more money than they deserve is this:

Suarez is gone and soon followed by gerrard so who does that leave as our marquee players ?. Also that huge pressure and expectation has already being placed on him seeing as he has led the line for us most of the season. Signing a marquee player would also have alleviated pressure on someone so young but we didn't as he was expected to step up.

Did Raheem complain of being tired  :no Thats a far cry from the truth because it was Rodgers who said the decision to give raheem a rest at some stage during the season was taken by him back in august. Plenty on here were boasting about rodgers man management skills after that one if i remember correctly.

You are right though in saying there is no guarantee he will be a success if he moves but should he go to a club like city then maybe it could actually progress the lad by playing alongside star's and alleviating the pressure that's placed upon him here. At a club like that he wouldn't be one of the main players like he is here.

At City, he will be a squad player like Milner, coming off the bench occasionally, or his career might even nose dive like micah Richards. LFC is the best club for him to have game time and develop further.
Like I said he is an important player now at LFC, but not the main player. He has older players more experienced player to rely on like Sturridge, Henderson, Lallana, etc. But if he is paid alot more than others, that means that he has to lead them now. He can't fall back on anyone.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:56 am

red till i die!! » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:21 pm wrote:

Good point, Sterlings best performances came last season playing alongside Suarez.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion