RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby only me » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:19 am

parchpea » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:33 pm wrote:His agent knows what other clubs are willing to pay and it will be in excess of our offer.

I don't think Sterling is a loyal otherwise we wouldn't have tapped him up at QPR and got him so the system
works two ways.

We will either have to pay up, and we should, or lose a top class young English player.

It will cost us a lot of money to replace him but it looks like the club has a strict pay plan on players of a
certain age and Sterling is caught up in that.

We need to be more flexible and just get the lad signed up.

Bottom line Sterling (at this stage) isn't worth what he is asking for. He runs like the wind but he is extremely wasteful and unproductive.
I would upgrade his paycheck but not go all the way.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:11 am

tell him there will be no wage rise
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:23 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:51 pm wrote:If Ibe returns from injury showing no ill effects after tweaking his knee ligaments then I'd show the pair of them the door, I'd take the ridiculous amount Sterling is bound to go for and give it all to either Everton or PSG for Barkley or Veratti. Team either of them up in CM with Lucas and voila, team sorted for the foreseeable future.

Mingolet

Can        Skrtel       Sakho

Ibe             Lucas (c)    Barkley/Veratti          Moreno

Lallana       Coutinho

Sturridge

Plus we'd have the likes of Markovic, Origi And Allen as back up.

If Barklay came here he would more than likely be asking for the same wage packet as Sterling and would probably cost the same amount to bring him here that we would make from selling Sterling, so how is that a solution? you speak as if Sterling is the only player asking for huge wages, all top players are asking for huge sums of money these days.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:49 pm

Very unlikely that Barkley would come to Liverpool. More chance of Rooney persuading him to go to Manchester United  :no
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:59 pm

I've argued with good mates about this who are fuming calling him greedy and wanting rid.

For me it's just modern day football.
Yes he will be on ridiculous money for a lad his age if we give in but if we dont someone will pay him it.
We are then placed in a position where we have to replace him.
He may not be the finished article yet but he is a key player for us and has scored 10 goals this season despite being played in about 6 different positions.
He is often played in about 3 positions during each match as his versatility and quality allow Rodgers to change shape or system.

People saying we have a ready made replacement in Ibe, I dont think it's as easy as that. Sterling has proved he can do it in this league over a period of time scoring goals and performing consistantly in numerous positions.

Ibe looks very exciting but we need to see if he can do it over a period of time and more importantly have an end product.

Why cant we have both of them anyway ?
Hopefully this is just his agent causing problems and a deal will be sorted in the summer.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:39 pm

Ben Patrick » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:59 pm wrote:I've argued with good mates about this who are fuming calling him greedy and wanting rid.

For me it's just modern day football.
Yes he will be on ridiculous money for a lad his age if we give in but if we dont someone will pay him it.
We are then placed in a position where we have to replace him.
He may not be the finished article yet but he is a key player for us and has scored 10 goals this season despite being played in about 6 different positions.
He is often played in about 3 positions during each match as his versatility and quality allow Rodgers to change shape or system.

People saying we have a ready made replacement in Ibe, I dont think it's as easy as that. Sterling has proved he can do it in this league over a period of time scoring goals and performing consistantly in numerous positions.

Ibe looks very exciting but we need to see if he can do it over a period of time and more importantly have an end product.

Why cant we have both of them anyway ?
Hopefully this is just his agent causing problems and a deal will be sorted in the summer.

Well according to the Echo the club aren't going to budge an inch on this so don't be surprised if Sterling leaves within the next 12 months.
I agree with the club, £100,000 a week is far from a derisory offer, Sterling is not being low-balled  here in fact it wouldn't surprise me if that £100,000 a week offer made him the best paid 20 year old in world football.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:41 pm

If it is 100,000 then that of course is a good deal.
But the rumours are Hendersons offer is 80,000 so how do we know for sure ?
What I would say is age shouldnt really come into it.
Importance to the team and how easy to replace them should.
Also despite his age he has played around 100 games I think, that's pretty experienced.

Like I said 100k is a decent offer if it's definitely that figure but I wouldnt want to lose him if we can get it agreed for a little bit more.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby andy c legs » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:22 pm

Ben Patrick » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:41 pm wrote:If it is 100,000 then that of course is a good deal.
But the rumours are Hendersons offer is 80,000 so how do we know for sure ?
What I would say is age shouldnt really come into it.
Importance to the team and how easy to replace them should.
Also despite his age he has played around 100 games I think, that's pretty experienced.

Like I said 100k is a decent offer if it's definitely that figure but I wouldnt want to lose him if we can get it agreed for a little bit more.

We all know that the money which the lads are on and want is well beyond our mere mortals wages but surely a compromise of some sort can be achieved? The club should give Sterling a deadline date and say 'final offer' then we are going to sell him to the highest bidder and avoid at all costs an Owen situation. :;):
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby Homebooby » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:01 am

supersub » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:11 am wrote:tell him there will be no wage rise

Chucklng at this as I think it's hilarious and sends a message. I would love to see us put in a price, have it rejected and see it decrease by a sum each time they try to negotiate….you ***** a few people off no doubt, but what is Sterling going to do?
Homebooby

Postby devaney » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:42 am

What's it like in Cloud Cookoo Land lads ?   :laugh:

I'd be quite happy if the club said £100,000 is our last offer or we will sell you !! Oh hang on just a minute that doesnt actually work does it. We couldnt even finalise the deal for Borini with Sunderland for a staggering £14m because the player has absolute control and if they are not prepared to go there is nothing you can do about it. Johnson is another example who won't sign a contract and we will end up getting rid of him on a free when his contact ends. If anything Johnson's behaviour,  given his awful form over the past two years has been considerably worse than Sterling. I have also heard a very strong rumour that Johnson has a clause in his contract that if he is fit he plays or the club have to pay compensation of £30000. Thought that was a load of tosh but it does at least explain why BR brings him on for a few minutes at the end of games!!

The club has to be very careful how it handles it's up and coming stars. Offering Henderson £15k to take his weekly wage to £80k is in my opinion asking for trouble. People our accusing Sterling of being greedy. The club could also reasonably be accused of being overly cautious or just downright frugal. Lets face it when it comes to buying in the tranfer market and contract negotiations we have history and have failed miserably on far too many occasions :oops:

I hate to say it but the very nature of the players contract will always mean that clubs are effectively held to ransom.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:45 am

This has gone on FAR too long.

If he doesnt accept what we're willing to offer then fu*k him off. Let him sit on someones bench for the sake of 50K and end up going down, down and down.

I for one, cannot be arsed with players thinking they're bigger than the club. 

What makes him think he's worth Stevie/Suarez wage?
Kopite-Jud

Postby fivecups » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:51 am

Kopite-Jud » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:45 am wrote:This has gone on FAR too long.

I honestly can't see the need for it to drag as it has. Carra used to sort his contract in a single meeting. Get everyone in a room and thrash it out, then move on.

Have these horrible flashbacks to Owen happily assuring us a new deal was coming only for him to f*ck off to Real for 8 million at the midnight hour.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:58 am

The usual 'probable bullsh!t' is flying round in the media this morning.

Sterling to city for £50 million and us linked with Walcott.

I'd take £50 mil for him all day! 

Ibe could be a gem!
Kopite-Jud

Postby devaney » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:30 am

Seriously if City want to pay £50m for him then I will happily pay the taxi fare.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:38 am

I guess the owners will be involved by now.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion